Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Double EQM - Travel dates: March 19, 2009 - June 15, 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Double EQM - Travel dates: March 19, 2009 - June 15, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by ldsant
but do one-way purchases count for the DEQM or does the ticket have to be round-trip? e.g., I purchase SEA-BWI one-way do I get DEQM? Thanks.
The T&Cs don't say they don't, and in the past DEQM deals, one ways and multi cities have counted.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:35 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by mre5765
The T&Cs don't say they don't, and in the past DEQM deals, one ways and multi cities have counted.
Thanks much! Now I can book my trip!
Old Apr 15, 2009, 5:47 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
I apologize if this has already been discussed. I have tried to follow this thread closely and didn't see this specific issue outlined.

If I purchase a flight through US but the flight is on UA metal and I have my MileagePlus number entered into the system, I assume that I will be eligible for the DEQM promotion because the flight is on UA metal even though I booked through US.

Does anyone have experience with this particular issue or would care to clarify?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mh3265a
If I purchase a flight through US but the flight is on UA metal and I have my MileagePlus number entered into the system, I assume that I will be eligible for the DEQM promotion because the flight is on UA metal even though I booked through US.
Correct. The metal is all that matters.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 8:50 am
formerly known as CARTflagman

DEQM already posted

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Thanks for the reply. Selfexplainatory. ^
Flew out on Friday night, DEQM posted on Monday with flight miles.^
Flew back Sunday, DEQM did not post on Wednesday with flight miles.

Old Apr 15, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by CART_Flagman
Flew out on Friday night, DEQM posted on Monday with flight miles.^
Flew back Sunday, DEQM did not post on Wednesday with flight miles.

Your DEQM has already posted? Are you sure it's not a status or class-of-service bonus?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by 6rugrats
Your DEQM has already posted? Are you sure it's not a status or class-of-service bonus?
No, it really was DEQM, I had to do a double-take when it posted. My guess is that its a Saturday night sweep that posts the DEQM.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I'm still waiting Nothing posted yet.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
it really was DEQM
More likely it was a posting error.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
More likely it was a posting error.

I have to agree. None of mine have posted, and I don't recall any other posters stating they have received these yet. It seems much too early.

CART_Flagman - this may seem painfully obvious, but how do these show up in your account summary?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Originally Posted by ryan182
the constant elite inflation through this type of offer
for those bemoaning all the "lites" out there, this from Scott McCartney in the WSJ yesterday (emphasis added):

"despite the offers, United projects it will have fewer elite-level members next year because of corporate travel cutbacks. 'This will certainly counteract some of the natural decline we're seeing, but it's not going to fully account for it,' said Graham Atkinson, president of United's Mileage Plus frequent-flier program."
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
No, it really was DEQM, I had to do a double-take when it posted. My guess is that its a Saturday night sweep that posts the DEQM.
mmm... None of my flights from March and early April have DEQM miles posted yet. I am inclined to agree with other that it might be a .bomb posting error in your case.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 2P
From T&C's

Elite Qualifying Miles will be credited six to eight weeks after the end of the offer period.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:32 pm

Programs: HH Gold, UA 1P
Originally Posted by paytonc
for those bemoaning all the "lites" out there, this from Scott McCartney in the WSJ yesterday (emphasis added):

"despite the offers, United projects it will have fewer elite-level members next year because of corporate travel cutbacks. 'This will certainly counteract some of the natural decline we're seeing, but it's not going to fully account for it,' said Graham Atkinson, president of United's Mileage Plus frequent-flier program."
I read this article while doing a MR and I immediately thought of FlyerTalk and all of the folks here crying about "lites". I just smiled.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by LA_Traveler
mmm... None of my flights from March and early April have DEQM miles posted yet. I am inclined to agree with other that it might be a .bomb posting error in your case.
I know what happened now: I received 5K EQM from my MP Credit Card that had the 40K bonus offer last month. The 40K posted over the weekend so the EQMs must have also.

Sorry for getting everyone excited!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.