Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Double EQM - Travel dates: March 19, 2009 - June 15, 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Double EQM - Travel dates: March 19, 2009 - June 15, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Thanks I am in expert mode ( a bit of a streach ) on .bomb however how do you book specific booking classes??
Where it says "I would like to use this upgrade" select "Systemwide Region 2"

you don't 'pick' booking classes, so to speak, on .bomb
Old Apr 17, 2009, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Where it says "I would like to use this upgrade" select "Systemwide Region 2"

you don't 'pick' booking classes, so to speak, on .bomb
got it.. thanks..
Old Apr 17, 2009, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Read thru this whole thread and didn't find the answer. I think I know the answer, but I'd like confirmation.

I flew 2 MR's this weeks for about 26k EQM's after the promo. I also have 2 more trips planned during the period, and probably 2 more for July after it's all over. Goal is to get 1P this year.

So ... when the sweep hits, will I get any retroactive RDM and BIS credit for the miles I flew after these 2 MR's. These should put me at least as a real 2P, but will the status be given from the date I flew, or from the date the double EQM's actually post?

Won't be terrible if they don't ... I'd lose out on a few thousand RDM's, but it'd be really nice if the BIS miles after these 2 runs counted towards getting 500's.

Knowing my luck and UA, I'm guessing it'll only count after I hit 2P on real miles or when the EQM's posts, whichever happens first.

But I will say this - the promo worked on suckers like me. I booked 3-4 more trips that I wouldn't have because of the promo.

Super
Old Apr 17, 2009, 9:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Superguy
So ... when the sweep hits, will I get any retroactive RDM and BIS credit for the miles I flew after these 2 MR's. These should put me at least as a real 2P, but will the status be given from the date I flew, or from the date the double EQM's actually post?

Knowing my luck and UA, I'm guessing it'll only count after I hit 2P on real miles or when the EQM's posts, whichever happens first.
You answered your own question. No flight bonus until all the needed EQM have posted and you actually achieve status .
Old Apr 17, 2009, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You answered your own question. No flight bonus until all the needed EQM have posted and you actually achieve status .
Not what I wanted to hear, but what I expected. Looks like I'll hit 2P later than I thought with a quick jump to 1P.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
thanks United^ I will get 100K with UA and 1ook with Ac again this year
Old Apr 18, 2009, 1:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Just did a quick tally of my existing paid bookings for 2009.

Looks like I'll end up with at least 211,000 EQM this year. The extra 4 SWU's will be nice (not much else on offer though).

As there is no Elite Choice bonus month for 1K's next year, I just won't fly United in the summer. So they lose any revenue I would have provided (which would have been substantial). Not sure this is a smart move on UA's part.

By their nature, 1K's and GS's tend to be above average spenders, so pissing them off in such a way seems a bit strange, particularly when we do have a choice of airline.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:06 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Exclamation quick guide on the EQMs / flown and bonus miles

Looking for a quick guide on the EQMs

I have to go -
June 5 WAS-LAS-KOA-LAX-LHR-WAS-June14 IN JUNE
I also have to go to WAS-SYD-WAS this year, anytime from May to July; looking at the EQMs, I am better off in May as I can't do it before LAS.

I know I have to be on UA metal the whole way, no codeshares. I think I will get 20k x 3 = 60k for Sydney
I will probably get 15 x3 = 45 for the June trip.

I am told that there is an offer of 50k miles for a round trip to London from the US. Does my trip count as a round trip?

Also this means I will get my EQMS more than the flown and bonus miles; is this legit?

Lastly if I keep it up this year at this rate, I will get to 1M by next 3-4 years. Is the 1M flown miles or EQMs?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
You do know it is on;y 2x EQM for discounted economy tickets. 3x only applies to F, P, A, C, D, Z, Y, and B.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:34 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Smile

Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
You do know it is on;y 2x EQM for discounted economy tickets. 3x only applies to F, P, A, C, D, Z, Y, and B.
I am trying to get the company to pay for y or b at the very least.
I have *G on US and hope to get to e+ by that also, but that may or may not work.

I also have some UA miles I can use to upgrade the class across pacific and atlantic. I think award availability is getting better for those of us who actually fly now.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Well then in that case, that's a lot of EQMs!

And to answer your last question, the bonus EQMs do not count toward lifetime miles, and thus, do not count toward 1MM status.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ffI

I am told that there is an offer of 50k miles for a round trip to London from the US. Does my trip count as a round trip?

Also this means I will get my EQMS more than the flown and bonus miles; is this legit?

Lastly if I keep it up this year at this rate, I will get to 1M by next 3-4 years. Is the 1M flown miles or EQMs?
The London bonus (MPE009) is RDMs, not EQMs. But "Connecting travel through LHR will not qualify."

DEQM/TEQM only impacts EQMs not RDMS

MM is BIS miles (not EQMs)

Originally Posted by ffI
..I have *G on US and hope to get to e+ by that also, but that may or may not work.
Sorry but no go on *G for E+ unless you are real lucky
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:20 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I struck up a conversation with the person next to me on a flight from PIT to ORD yesterday and he had no idea there was a double EQM promo going on. He had already done one PIT-ORD-PEK trip earlier this spring and was on his way back to PEK. Oh, the humanity.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
The London bonus (MPE009) is RDMs, not EQMs. But "Connecting travel through LHR will not qualify."
Quick question -- if I buy a DEN-LHR-DEN ticket through UA, then separately buy a flybmi.com ticket same day LHR-EDI and credit to another *A account, will this qualify for the UA promotion? (carry-ons all the way)

Last edited by US @ DEN; Apr 19, 2009 at 6:52 pm
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:37 pm
ffI

The London bonus (MPE009)

is RDMs, not EQMs.
But "Connecting travel through LHR will not qualify."
DEQM/TEQM only impacts EQMs not RDMS
MM is BIS miles (not EQMs)
Sorry but no go on *G for E+ unless you are real lucky
Thanks How do I find exact mileage?
If there a mileage calculator on United.com for this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.