Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Double EQM - Travel dates: March 19, 2009 - June 15, 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Double EQM - Travel dates: March 19, 2009 - June 15, 2009

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
I will be going on a premium MR ONT - TPA this weekend which I got for only $347 all booked in First! After which I will be about 85,000 EQM when the bonuses hit. I was thinking about a transcon before the promotion ends to get to 1K. I got a $200 cert for malfunctioning audio on my LAX SYD MR so I was thinking about booking the LAX - BOS run with triple RDMS to get me to about 95,000 EQM. I might even have a trip or two to China before the end of the year which would really put me over for 1K! GM to 1k because of the promo. I know there are people on here that will just get upset at the idea I hope they can forgive me.
Old May 18, 2009, 12:16 pm

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by JetAway
We're in the home stretch. I wonder how many FTalkers have made their "goals" and how many are taking it right to the finish line?
If I stopped flying now and DEQM credited i'd be at 56,184 for the year and safely 1P for the rest of the year. However I got a VDB credit over the weekend so now I'm eyeing up a LAX-SFO-SYD-SFO run that'll have me at 86,984 for the year leaving me looking for 13,016 on the last weekend of the promo. Nail biting stuff but I reckon I'll make 1K in August.

Not bad going for a status matcher that just started flying (and loving!) UA.
Old May 18, 2009, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by UnitedEF
I will be going on a premium MR ONT - TPA this weekend which I got for only $347 all booked in First! After which I will be about 85,000 EQM when the bonuses hit. I was thinking about a transcon before the promotion ends to get to 1K. I got a $200 cert for malfunctioning audio on my LAX SYD MR so I was thinking about booking the LAX - BOS run with triple RDMS to get me to about 95,000 EQM. I might even have a trip or two to China before the end of the year which would really put me over for 1K! GM to 1k because of the promo. I know there are people on here that will just get upset at the idea I hope they can forgive me.
Wow $347 is that with a coupon? I have only seen lowest of $540
Old May 18, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
Wow $347 is that with a coupon? I have only seen lowest of $540
Yeah $200 cert for malfunctioning audio on my last MR to SYD. I don't mind paying for the overnight in TPA as much Helluva deal. Plus I will get the flight points because I paid with the Citi Premier pass With the triple eqm promo it is about $.018 / eqm flying in F! This is one of the few weekends where you can get ticketed in F for all 6 segments. Most of the time there are a few legs in Y but I got lucky and the routes lined up.
Old May 18, 2009, 2:53 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Did your VDB credit allow for international bookings? All I have received have been restricted to the US.

William

Originally Posted by tony2x
If I stopped flying now and DEQM credited i'd be at 56,184 for the year and safely 1P for the rest of the year. However I got a VDB credit over the weekend so now I'm eyeing up a LAX-SFO-SYD-SFO run that'll have me at 86,984 for the year leaving me looking for 13,016 on the last weekend of the promo. Nail biting stuff but I reckon I'll make 1K in August.

Not bad going for a status matcher that just started flying (and loving!) UA.
Old May 18, 2009, 3:01 pm

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by wharvey
Did your VDB credit allow for international bookings? All I have received have been restricted to the US.

William
They originally wanted to give me a free round trip ticket which is restricted to domestic only and I said I wanted to apply the credit to an intl flight so the GA said I'd need a travel credit. The T&Cs given to me only state that the flight must be on UA/UX metal.

I'll let you know when I try and book it at SFO later this week.

Update: I just called up UA and they confirmed that travel vouchers are valid on any UA/UX flight, it is only the round trips that are domestic.

Last edited by tony2x; May 18, 2009 at 3:28 pm Reason: More information...
Old May 18, 2009, 4:15 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
That is nice... mine have a US only restriction:

Mine say: 1. Permitted Travel Area: You must begin your travel in the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and fly to a destination within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Canada.
Old May 18, 2009, 4:26 pm

Mine say: 1. Permitted Travel Area: You must begin your travel in the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and fly to a destination within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Canada.
Were they VDB vouchers given at the gate or e-certs? I got an e-cert for broken IFE SFO-FRA and they are restricted to domestic and have that exact line item in the T&Cs.
Old May 23, 2009, 2:27 pm
HCA

Do some quick search but did not find the anwser.

Does 6/15 redeye flight (land on 6/16) count DEQM?
T&C is not very clear to me.
"Offer valid for qualifying travel flown between March 19, 2009 and June 15, 2009."

Thanks for anwser and sorry if it was asked before.
Old May 23, 2009, 2:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HCA
Do some quick search but did not find the anwser.

Does 6/15 redeye flight (land on 6/16) count DEQM?....
Yes it should, the scheduled departure determines the qualification.

Also see post #909-910
Old May 23, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold 0.5 MM; BA Silver

Emphasis mine. I know the US is into empire building and all that, but to call Canada part of the US is really pushing it!

You may have to travel FROM the US, but you hardly have a US only restriction when you can travel to Canada, which may well be a good use of a cert given the often very expensive fares to north of the border.
Old May 23, 2009, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes it should, the scheduled departure determines the qualification.

Also see post #909-910
and to make it even simpler, as i posted a while back.....

the easiest way to think it out is that your flight must have a "scheduled departure time" not later than 11:59pm on the day a promotion is set to expire in order to get what ever bonus is attached to your flight
Old May 23, 2009, 5:27 pm
HCA

Originally Posted by goalie
and to make it even simpler, as i posted a while back.....
Thanks for the info. I guess I did not "dig" hard enough.
Too bad I still have to wait 2 months after the promotion end to get my first 1P.
Old May 23, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, SPG Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8220/4.6.0.180 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

At ORD after volunteering off UA metal flight. Rebooked on LH, has anyone been able to get credit for DEQM in such situations?

Last edited by PCTraveler; May 23, 2009 at 7:58 pm
Old May 23, 2009, 8:21 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PCTraveler
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8220/4.6.0.180 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

At ORD after volunteering off UA metal flight. Rebooked on LH, has anyone been able to get credit for DEQM in such situations?
Seems like last year some people did. What you need to do is request credit for your originally-ticketed itinerary, and then it should post the DEQM.

Whether or not you'll get said credit for original itin given you VDB'd is questionable; it will depend on the CSR you speak to (so call again if you don't get the "right" answer, of course!) I think that you'll have a tough sell getting DEQM for the LH metal, though, and you did get compensated for the VDB, I'm sure... but I'll defer to others if they have experience to share!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.