Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA's seats - absorbs methane pretty well

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by Wiggums
I don't know what in the world possessed me to post this... I had a bit too much flying in C from MUC to IAD desperately trying to sleep. Having some more in IAD didn't stop me from opening up my laptop and letting some sinister force take possession of my hapless fingers.
oh no.. no backing off this one now.. it's grown a life of it's own
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
I don't know what in the world possessed me to post this...
Too late. This is now forever memorialized as one of your legacies.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
...some sinister force take possession of my hapless fingers...
In the tradition of other great writers whose muses emerge from the bottle...

And I'll bet your GTEM cert to the FA pouring MUC-IAD was eloquent and rhapsodic. It could even be worth another thread.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
it's grown a life of it's own
As have the seats!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 4:41 pm

I don't know what in the world possessed me to post this... I had a bit too much flying in C from MUC to IAD desperately trying to sleep. Having some more in IAD didn't stop me from opening up my laptop and letting some sinister force take possession of my hapless fingers.
Well this topic's an unofficial "Sticky" now.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 4:55 pm

I prefer to fart in your general direction.........and save the seat cushions...
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:23 pm

Fry the Friendly Skies.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 2K, MM, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by DanTravels
Ya know, you can actually buy slow-close toilet seats for the home now. I've actually got one. Wonderful, wonderful invention (especially if you have kids who otherwise just slam the things down).
See, my GF had these at her place and when she moved in with me was slamming toilet seats all over creation from being used to just letting the seat fall

Either way, damped seats are FTMFW!!!!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 6:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I smell a candidate for the Post of the Year award...
He who smelt it...
Old Jan 1, 2008, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, US CP, *W Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Well, DogDad thanks you and all the other posters for justifying his 'I'm just decompressing' excuse. Although he hasn't flown since the 18th, he's still using it. After cooking up a batch of turkey-chili nachos during the hockey game today, I had to forcefully remind him that unlike UA's seats, our couch seats do not.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 11:29 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by railwaystand
I flew Iberia a couple of years back, the inflight magazine had a full and graphic half page article on bottom burps, it was quite hilarious, even gave a little translation in English and told you how long you could expect to keep having them after you landed.
I'm fairly sure I saw this on Asiana as well, or maybe it was Spanair. Certainly somewhere random I've only flown once, but it described exactly why you are more likely to want to expel air on flights. It didn't discuss the relative absorption capacity of seats though. That sentiment is now (c)2007 Wiggums, for all time
Old Jan 2, 2008, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
So, is this discussed on every board, or just *A boards?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=773305
Old Jan 2, 2008, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by 1Kwoman
I think I sat next to you last week, Stinky! Keep your gas to yourself! I don't know why people think they can get away with secretly passing gas on an airplane...it is no secret to those around you!
No secret sitting on plane or in the queue.

I was in check-in queue the other day that was about 25 people deep. They guy in front (who looked to fit the roll of a free-wheeling-gas-bag) lets one go.

I didnt care what spot in line I lost.....I was outta there!
Old Jan 2, 2008, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG/Hyatt/Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Jumping Jack Flash, what a thread.

Anyhow, I swear that sometimes the air vent has some kind of occult connection with the bathroom ventilation circuit. Does anyone know if this is indeed true on any common aircraft?
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
sick

haha, definitely can get nasty in the friendly skies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.