FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   UA's seats - absorbs methane pretty well (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/773223-uas-seats-absorbs-methane-pretty-well.html)

Wiggums Dec 30, 2007 2:30 pm

UA's seats - absorbs methane pretty well

Has anybody noticed that other airlines don't have seats that absorb methane very well. It seems United has really put a lot of thought into it. But if I shift, that's when it breaks loose.

mahasamatman Dec 30, 2007 2:34 pm

I smell a candidate for the Post of the Year award...

babyjesus Dec 30, 2007 2:38 pm

ewwwwwww.....

too much information.

Cosmos M Dec 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Wiggums (Post 8975221)
Has anybody noticed that other airlines don't have seats that absorb methane very well. It seems United has really put a lot of thought into it. But if I shift, that's when it breaks loose.

QFT! We really need the shifty-eyed animated smiley... like this guy - hehe

I wonder if that is an engineers job at Boeing...or like the guy who came up with the "slow-close" toliet seat damper on the trip-7?

1Kwoman Dec 30, 2007 2:44 pm

I think I sat next to you last week, Stinky! Keep your gas to yourself! I don't know why people think they can get away with secretly passing gas on an airplane...it is no secret to those around you!

United737522 Dec 30, 2007 2:45 pm

Really, I have never cared to test them out. That's all I have to say about that.

jhayes_1780 Dec 30, 2007 2:49 pm

i'm gonna need a skykit for this one.

djerikd Dec 30, 2007 2:57 pm

There is an exception - the cabins outfitted with leather seats. Not only do they not absorb the methane efficiently, they are reported to amplify the sound of methane expulsion.

IBTL!

DCBob Dec 30, 2007 3:34 pm

Someone has way too much time on his or her hands......:td:

zedhead Dec 30, 2007 3:34 pm

Maybe your hearing aid doesn't work very well on UA? ;) :)

dieselbear Dec 30, 2007 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by 1Kwoman (Post 8975269)
I don't know why people think they can get away with secretly passing gas on an airplane...it is no secret to those around you!

Yeah, Wiggums. We can tell because the little doily on your headrest starts flapping...

mssgjones Dec 30, 2007 4:23 pm

Bose needs to start work on the Smell Cancellation Headphones, model number SBD1.

drummingcraig Dec 30, 2007 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by 1Kwoman (Post 8975269)
I think I sat next to you last week, Stinky! Keep your gas to yourself! I don't know why people think they can get away with secretly passing gas on an airplane...it is no secret to those around you!

Maybe your smelling the Trotter menu from F??? :eek:

warreng24 Dec 30, 2007 4:31 pm

I too have noticed that, but so far I've been too embarrassed about it to admit it on FT.... :)

dav3d Dec 30, 2007 4:37 pm

Your voice has changed but your breath's still the same.