Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

It's Official, UA952 New Premium Cabin Inaugural -- Nov. 19, 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Official, UA952 New Premium Cabin Inaugural -- Nov. 19, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2007, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I was able to select a seat online yesterday, but it did that weird thing (I've had it happen before) where it said there was an error updating my PNR... but the seat showed taken on the seatmap and then if I just waited a few hours my seat assignment showed up in my PNR.

Anyways, I'm in 2A. I was torn between whether to save my upgrade and experience the new C, or check out the new F (which looks nice, but isn't the same increase in quality over the First Suite as the new C is over old C).

For some reason it seemed cool to be in F on the inaugural, so just went with that. With other FTers onboard, I'm sure I'll get to take a look at the new C.

I was a tiny bit worried that with X5 showing before the system changed the seatmap, that they would come through and bump me back for some invited guests or UA brass, etc... but am not as worried as much now that they know its the new config and still have X3 (which are the only 3 F seats left).

Gfowler: Thanks for the PM. I'll PM you back. Hope it gets through your full mailbox.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by John26
F5 R0 X5 does not mean there are 10 tickets for sale. Both numbers will decrease as reservations are booked.
I didn't say there were 10 tickets for sale...

My point was that UA is willing to let the last 5 F seats go to either upgraders or full fare F. Considering this is the inaugural, I was surprised that they wouldn't hold out for more revenue. Even on regular 3 class flights F5 X5 is unusual, something like F5 X2 might be more reasonable.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 10:51 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
You can make a dummy booking for the flight you are interested on united.com and click "View seat map" or you can subscribe to a service like the KVS Availability Tool. There are other ways but this is what I use.
So are we ever going to find out what went in the Magic8Ball() and GoatEntrails() functions?? Some pretty cool hackery to pin down the date exactly!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by qasr
I didn't say there were 10 tickets for sale...

My point was that UA is willing to let the last 5 F seats go to either upgraders or full fare F. Considering this is the inaugural, I was surprised that they wouldn't hold out for more revenue. Even on regular 3 class flights F5 X5 is unusual, something like F5 X2 might be more reasonable.
I think IM looked at the fact that it was the start of Thanksgiving week and that not lots of people begin business trips to Germany then. And other than this board, I haven't seen anything on the new flight being on Monday. So they may have figured that all the geeks who want to ride first have already jumped in.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 1:02 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
You snooze, you loose

UA952/UA953 IAD-FRA-IAD Nov 19/20 is now F0 C0. I hope lots of you booked it
Old Nov 17, 2007, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA MP 1P
I got on 953!

So, I was originally supposed to be on the inaugural, but as we all know, that did not happen. As I pretty much only came back to the states that weekend for the flight, and I only found out about the delay after I arrived in the states, United was very accommodating. They really do have some of the best people working for them. Anyway, as luck would have it, my European work stint is now over and I had always planned on coming home (back to DC) on Nov. 20th. I was originally on 917 but after finding out about the flight, the extremely helpful folks working for Mr. Atkinson helped me move my flights and have now secured me on 7B for the FRA-IAD flight.

I am so excited and can't wait!

I really can't say enough about the people who have helped me throughout this whole process. They have been absolutely amazing. What is even more exciting, I will make 1k on this flight for the very first time. New biz seat, attaining 1k status...what is better in life???
Old Nov 17, 2007, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
This feels sacrilegious to say, but I'm a bit exhausted from running all over the past couple of months.

Have fun everyone, I can't wait to see the pictures and video! Wish time and energy permitted me the ability to join you!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by djknif
New biz seat, attaining 1k status...what is better in life???
First?
Old Nov 17, 2007, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
The only "cool" XXX I'm finding that might work is ATH. I assume XXX needs to be a city where XXX-CPH-FRA-IAD is a legal routing since XXX will be my destination and CPH my stopover. Ideas?
IST, KBP, FCO?
Old Nov 17, 2007, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Wireless
This feels sacrilegious to say, but I'm a bit exhausted from running all over the past couple of months.

Have fun everyone, I can't wait to see the pictures and video! Wish time and energy permitted me the ability to join you!

If you weren't flying all over the country for people's 30th birthday's you maybe could have made it.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:44 pm

Location: The opinion expessed here are not necessarly those of United Airlines or any affiliates or subsidiaries of UAL Corp..
Originally Posted by marcus613
Any chance it will go on to SFO and back to IAD the next morning?

I am showing it for flight 914 SFO-IAD on NOV 21.
Correct the 767 MI will be in SFO on Wed the 21st for the SFO-IAD flt. Enjoy your trip
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:54 pm

Location: The opinion expessed here are not necessarly those of United Airlines or any affiliates or subsidiaries of UAL Corp..
"secured me on 7B for the FRA-IAD flight."

Please lets us know how you like the reverse. seat.

&ABJK are the reverse seats
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA/Prem Exec, HH/Gold, TW/Gold
Originally Posted by Aluminum tubing
Please lets us know how you like the reverse seat
FWIW, I've flown a BA 744 'backwards' and it was just fine. Taxiing, takeoff, and landing were a little more fun, but the rest of the 12+ hours wasn't any different, physiologically. In fact, I took to thinking that the other people were "backwards" instead
Old Nov 17, 2007, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by marcus613
Any chance it will go on to SFO and back to IAD the next morning?

I am showing it for flight 914 SFO-IAD on NOV 21.
No, its going back to FRA on 11/20, come back on 11/21 then go to SFO. It wil operate 914 on 11/22. If all goes to plan
Old Nov 17, 2007, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Aluminum tubing
Correct the 767 MI will be in SFO on Wed the 21st for the SFO-IAD flt. Enjoy your trip
INCORRECT!!!

The current schedule has the aircraft completing two round trips IAD-FRA (952/953) on 11/19 and 11/20. It is then scheduled to operate to SFO on 11/21 as UA937 and returning to IAD on 11/22 as UA914.

Of course, like the inaugural... everything is subject to change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.