Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

It's Official, UA952 New Premium Cabin Inaugural -- Nov. 19, 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Official, UA952 New Premium Cabin Inaugural -- Nov. 19, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Due to some glitches the plane is apparently grounded at the SFO Maintenance Center until further notice, so don't expect it in the next couple of days.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA/Prem Exec, HH/Gold, TW/Gold
Originally Posted by Modern 49er
Anyone know if 952 IAD-FRA tomorrow (11/29) will be the new configuration?
Not if it's still at SFO
Old Nov 28, 2007, 5:51 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by UALPilotDC
Gene,

Even from an insider, thanks for all the updates regading the new seats. Surprise surprise that the line employees are some of the last to find out things.
Your welcome.
For Pilots on ETOPS flights the APU is a CRITICAL item. Its one of our backups for electrical and pneumatics (pressurization and air conditioning). Especially for Electrics. It might be deferable according to the FAA and UAL, but I know of no Captain or First Officer who feels comfortable going without one on an ETOPS flight.

DC
I don't know if the APU problem was resolved, I hope so. The routing is shown in this pic. Did this require ETOPS? Am I correct that 767-300 is rated at ETOPS 180?

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Sep 12, 2011 at 2:32 am
Old Nov 28, 2007, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Am I correct that 767-300 is rated at ETOPS 180?
United's are. The Wikipedia article on ETOPS is pretty interesting.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:34 am

Programs: United Gold / 1.001 MM, Marriott Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
Confirmed how? By seatmaps? Very unreliable (as are GAs as I found out on my IAD-ZRH where I was told it must be the new config given the seatmap ). I wonder if the schedule for this bird is set for January. Good luck.
Good points. Fingers crossed. Hopefully optimistic that seat maps accurately predict future. I realize YMMV in this situation. Thanks for the info.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Due to some glitches the plane is apparently grounded at the SFO Maintenance Center until further notice, so don't expect it in the next couple of days.
N647UA is on its way to IAD this morning as UAL 872.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 6:40 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Anyone know what they changed on it?
Old Nov 30, 2007, 6:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jmhayes
N647UA is on its way to IAD this morning as UAL 872.
Yes, my partner was on it. Downgraded to Coach - not happy. Supposedly they were still having major seat and AVOD problems. He said that now some of the announcements are also automatic - I'm guessing similar to US. Where when they hit a certain altituted it says about the personal electronics, etc.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 7:13 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by ssh
Anyone know what they changed on it?
Originally Posted by SF1K
... Supposedly they were still having major seat and AVOD problems. ...
I know that one of the reasons for the SFO visit was installation of new AVOD software. Did he say if there were problems even after the new software? The AVOD server also feeds the Y IFE also. I hope they were also able to install the small item storage unit in the C seats.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
He didn't say what the problems were. Only that they came on the PA and apologized for the problems a number of times. They stuck him in a middle seat. GA apparently didn't know what they were doing and/or didn't care with the computer problems this morning as well. He asked for an aisle as far forward as possible and they told him it was an aisle. Did "D" ever used to be an aisle on a 767?? Luckily the person next to him was an FA and she ended up moving to the back so they had the middle empty when he moved to the aisle.

Says the GA wasn't very apologetic and of course a lot of people were in the same situation.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 11:17 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by SF1K
He didn't say what the problems were. Only that they came on the PA and apologized for the problems a number of times. They stuck him in a middle seat. GA apparently didn't know what they were doing and/or didn't care with the computer problems this morning as well. He asked for an aisle as far forward as possible and they told him it was an aisle. Did "D" ever used to be an aisle on a 767?? Luckily the person next to him was an FA and she ended up moving to the back so they had the middle empty when he moved to the aisle.

Says the GA wasn't very apologetic and of course a lot of people were in the same situation.
D is an aisle in C on the old 763, but that's it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.