Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

It's Official, UA952 New Premium Cabin Inaugural -- Nov. 19, 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Official, UA952 New Premium Cabin Inaugural -- Nov. 19, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2007, 6:21 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Routings

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Total speculation here, but I'm guessing it's going right back to either ZRH or FRA. Not very good utilization to send it out west when it could cross the ocean again.
True enough, but it was my understanding that United circulates the planes through their maintenance bases, so they might go IAD-FRA-SFO-IAD-FRA for example.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K in training
I sat next to a 767 pilot yesterday flying to IAD. He said he had just received an e-mail (2-3 days ago) stating that all 767 crews had to be trained in the new config before reporting for their next assignment as the new config would be rolled out very soon and it might end up on one of their flights. Wasn't sure what "very soon" meant until I saw this thread today. ^^
Old Nov 16, 2007, 7:10 pm

Programs: The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the airlines I worked for.
Originally Posted by qasr
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Change if you can. UA952 is F5 R0 X5 C6 D6 O1 I1
It strikes me as pretty funny that UA has 5 F seats for sale and 5 NF seats available too. High expectations for their new product!

Congrats on getting on the inaugural, gfowler! ^ Looking forward to the report.
F5 R0 X5 does not mean there are 10 tickets for sale. Both numbers will decrease as reservations are booked.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
It strikes me as pretty funny that UA has 5 F seats for sale and 5 NF seats available too. High expectations for their new product!
Originally Posted by John26
F5 R0 X5 does not mean there are 10 tickets for sale. Both numbers will decrease as reservations are booked.
...but it does mean they're offering upgrades into each and every F seat and not holding even back even one specifically reserved for sale. I think what we're used to seeing would be something like F5 X2 where they're offering only a portion of the available cabin to upgraders.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 7:31 pm

Programs: The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the airlines I worked for.
Originally Posted by djerikd
...but it does mean they're offering upgrades into each and every F seat and not holding even back even one specifically reserved for sale.
Absolutely correct. That is, until IM changes it. I have often seen them change their minds after a seat sells or is allocated to award or upgraders (e.g. instead of going from F5 R0 X5 to F4 R0 X4 it can just go to F4 R0 X0 instead).
Old Nov 16, 2007, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA1K
Can't wait to see the pictures!
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Ok, I'm in.

I was booked on 952 on 11-18 (business trip, but when booked had been crossing my fingers for the new seats). So I was able to delay my business trip one day and had my ticket moved to Monday when I saw this thread.

I have a C class fare, upgraded to F with a SWU on 952 for Monday Nov 19.

Still showing the old seat map, so hope it really is the new seats.

gfowler: Could you PM me the best way to reach you and we could exchange some contact info? Or just send me info on when/where/how FTers are meeting up at IAD (I'm IAD based so pretty flexible on time, etc.)
Old Nov 16, 2007, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'm getting annoyed at the fact that they show the old seat config for 952 on the 19th, but they're stuck on the new seat config for other flights that (presumably) can't be the new config. I'm on UA937 on the 18th IAD-SFO - it won't let me pick a seat
Old Nov 16, 2007, 10:22 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by bkc6j
... I have a C class fare, upgraded to F with a SWU on 952 for Monday Nov 19.
Another seat taken and the flight is now F3 R1 X3 C3 I0 O0. Come on people --- put you SWUs, miles and money where your mouth is . We can't let bkc6j be lonely in F.
Originally Posted by bkc6j
gfowler: Could you PM me the best way to reach you and we could exchange some contact info?
Done
Old Nov 16, 2007, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, A'A EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Pres Circle, Sixt Plat
Why is the seat map still showing the old seat config for UA952 on Nov. 19th?

Hurry you guys...there are 2 XF seats still left for grabs on the inaugural flight!! Lets get as many FT's on this flight as possible!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 12:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
I wish that I could be on the inagural but I have a theory about plane rotation. In the first couple of days, do you think that UA will put the plane on the city pair routing that has the least premium seats booked so that in case there are malfunctioning seats or someting like that, pax can be moved ot another, empty seat without having a full cabin and no where to send them?
Old Nov 17, 2007, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by marcus613
Any chance it will go on to SFO and back to IAD the next morning?

I am showing it for flight 914 SFO-IAD on NOV 21.
That's what I'm praying for!!!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 3:27 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Congrats to you gfowler-ord-1k ^. Look forward to seeing the pics and reading your reports.

It is Mini DG's birthday on the 19th - wish we could be on the inaugural flight with all the other FTers to celebrate . Sounds like a mini airborne DO is going to happen .

Enjoy ^
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:11 am

Researching seat availability

Can someone share with me how you're able to see seat maps and availability for any given flight?

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:54 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by lendman
Can someone share with me how you're able to see seat maps and availability for any given flight?

Thanks!
You can make a dummy booking for the flight you are interested on united.com and click "View seat map" or you can subscribe to a service like the KVS Availability Tool. There are other ways but this is what I use.

The seat maps are now correct for UA952/953 Nov 19/20 (my flights). However when I select a seat it allows it but it does not get saved in the PNR. Baby steps -- RAR!!! (See last paragraph below)

I called the 1K desk and they were able to do it. I am in 6K (rear facing window) which most people will consider a bad seat. I chose it to experience the flying backwards and to see if it is difficult to get in and out of when the aisle seat is in the reclined position.

Edited to add that I can now do my seat changes for UA952 online. I don't know if there as a fix put in united.com or the fact that once the 1K desk assigned a seat I could make changes. I do know that UA is very actively pursuing the seatmap problems.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Nov 17, 2007 at 8:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.