Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

I battle the Dulles RCC matron- you know who won! [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I battle the Dulles RCC matron- you know who won! [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:24 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
The age issue should not be of any concern here I was told. At SFO for my SFO-SYD flight, the RCC matron asked if I was over 21. I said yes, and asked her if she wanted to see my ID.

She laughed and said don't worry about it, I can give you chits but its the BARTENDER thats required to see your ID because its HIM serving it.

If someone gives you cash to go buy alcohol and the Safeway guy doesn't check your ID...whose fault is it?

And who says chits arent a published benefit, isn't it in the UA code profile somewhere. Differentiates between overwater/international flights, access, and drink coupons.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 8:41 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by patchan8984
If someone gives you cash to go buy alcohol and the Safeway guy doesn't check your ID...whose fault is it?
Depending on the state you're in, this can include:
-The cashier who didn't card you
-The person who handed you the cash to buy the alcohol
-You for attempting to purchase an illegal substance

And who says chits arent a published benefit, isn't it in the UA code profile somewhere. Differentiates between overwater/international flights, access, and drink coupons.
Presence in a UA profile does not make it a published benefit because UA profiles are not published by UA. They may be accessible, but not widely by the general public. Someone posted earlier that travel agents can access some profiles but not all... and no one provided evidence that a TA can access this particular profile.

To be a published benefit, UA would have to list it as a benefit in any of their literature or on their website. This information is nowhere to be found even in locations where they say that *G have lounge access when traveling internationally.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 8:42 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Legally? Both of yours. Google inchoate offences.

Just to clarify: at worst this is conspiracy, at best incitement.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Just to throw in my 2 cents, there is simply no justification for an employee who does not know and comply to the rules. It is even worst for this RCC agent to simply refuse to inspect and verify the copy of rules presented to her.

The agent's arrogance obviously got in the way, completely forgetting the purpose of her existence in that customer lounge to begin with.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by UNITED959
"How many passengers actually carry the rules with them? 0.01% maybe?
United transported 66,803,000 revenue passengers in 2005. For some reason, I doubt 668,030 of them carried the rules with them."
Originally Posted by LGA_UAL
United transported 66,803,000 revenue passengers in 2005. For some reason, I doubt 668,030 of them carried the rules with them.
Actually, 0.01% is represented as .0001, not .01 so if .01% of pax carried the rules it would be 6,681 pax, rounded up to the nearest whole person.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by dan1431
Off-Topic:
DISCLAIMER #1: I am by no means denigrating you or your argument.
DISCLAIMER #2: I do not claim in any fashion to know about UA policy RE: internal documents and what a passenger should or should not know.
DISCLAIMER #3: I realize that UA and CO are NOT the same airline and very well may have different policies RE: internal documents and their controls.

Since CO provides free drinks to those in their President's Club, my comparison is not exactly the same but it is similar with regards to internal documents.

CO has a policy whereby President's Club Members/Northwest World Club Members and Delta Crown Room Club Members have access to any PClub at any time and are entitled to a gate pass to enter said club if they are not flying that day. This policy is stated in their computer system under the code GG Checkpoint line 34(I cannot remember the number at this point) and we(Continental Airlines FlyerTalker's) learned of GG Checkpoint from FT.

A while back I wanted to use the LAX PClub and needed a gate pass to do so. I asked a CO TA and she refused to do so and said that was not CO policy. I asked her to check her computer under GG Checkpoint and re-read the policy because it had changed. She flipped out that I knew about their internal system and insisted that I tell her who told me about the GG codes. I at this point thought that maybe we as PAX should not know about the GG codes and stopped quoting them.

I recently had a chance to talk with the CO INSIDER and asked him about PAX knowing about GG codes and GG Checkpoint in particular. I wanted to know if indeed PAX were prohibited from knowing about the GG codes and if we as PAX should not quote them to employees in cases of policy issues.

The CO INSIDER said that it is acceptable for PAX to know about the GG Codes and in particular GG Checkpoint. That while some information is not for PAX eyes GG Checkpoint and most of the GG codes are not part of that limited information.

I would extrapolate that the STAR codes RE: Drink Chits are not considered sensitive information and thus would be acceptable for PAX to be aware of said codes and quote them when needed.

Maybe an FTer close to UA management(there are some FTers that have made contacts with management) should pose such a question, is it acceptable for PAX to know of and posses the STAR codes RE: admittance and drink chits?

Fastair, please forgive me, I am not a UA regular and thus do know much about you or the politics here, are you in the employ of UA as another poster suggested? Then maybe you can answer the question are STAR codes considered sensitive information? If so, then we as PAX should probably not be quoting them nor should be in the possession of them.

Dan

Why should information about what I'm entitled to as a customer ever be secret? Either at CO or UA?

This whole issue makes no sense to me, and I am amazed at how many threads there have been on this topic.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 12:13 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
great stuff! The thing that sticks out about this to me is the way airline employees these days (not just united) are using security in any situation as a club to beat everyone into doing exactly as they say. I've posted about this before and it seems to be getting worse, not better. If an employee calls security on you just because they don't like you (and not because you are any sort of threat) then they should be facing criminal penalties. Because calling the police on someone is serious business to begin with.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Regardless of the age debate, the point is that IAD RCC and IAD CS in general is just light years worse than any of the other UA hubs.

UA management, who definitely read this board, have not been able to improve things and who knows if they even care or have tried.

Until management decides to make customer service a priority instead of finding ways to merge with Garuda or how to get even more stock options, the airline is basically going to be bottom of the rung. UA should be happy that US is around because that is the only other subpar airline keeping them from the bottom of the garbage heap.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Regardless of the age debate, the point is that IAD RCC and IAD CS in general is just light years worse than any of the other UA hubs.

UA management, who definitely read this board, have not been able to improve things and who knows if they even care or have tried.

Until management decides to make customer service a priority instead of finding ways to merge with Garuda or how to get even more stock options, the airline is basically going to be bottom of the rung. UA should be happy that US is around because that is the only other subpar airline keeping them from the bottom of the garbage heap.
Don't dis US ... it has "gotten religion" and is quite visibly putting significant effort into upgrading itself. I think some execs must have read "From worst to first" by Gordo, and saw that CO was able to remake itself. US is still bad, but its trajectory is directionally correct. UA is also making changes, but at a slower pace, it's unclear whether it has bottomed out yet.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 5:03 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
Don't dis US ... it has "gotten religion" and is quite visibly putting significant effort into upgrading itself.
Have you flown US lately? My experience is just the opposite.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 8:34 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
Don't dis US ... it has "gotten religion" and is quite visibly putting significant effort into upgrading itself. I think some execs must have read "From worst to first" by Gordo, and saw that CO was able to remake itself. US is still bad, but its trajectory is directionally correct. UA is also making changes, but at a slower pace, it's unclear whether it has bottomed out yet.
I think you should come to the US Airways forum and sample the mood of the community.

The slope of the Customer Satisfaction vs. Time line is decidedly negative.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 8:57 am
Suspended

It has been my expereince that RCC agents receive much more abuse from customers throughtout the system, who do not even know the rule that you have to be a member to get in, then I ever see the other way. Maybe we could create a response team like FEMA, FTEC (Flyer Talk Emergency Chits) where offened RCC members could get chits sent to them instead of having to do battle with RCC agents....what a waste of human energy....
Old Aug 21, 2007, 6:39 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Drink Chits Galore at IAD!

I nearly fell over when I saw this. I'm in the IAD C7 RCC right now. I got mine without any problem, but I'm in C this trip so didn't expect any problem.

However while I was at the desk asking about an itinerary issue, I saw about 3 or 4 people in a row come in with Zone 1 BPs (thus not in C or F) - and each time the lounge ladies (won't use dragon or matron this time) asked them, "would you like a drink from the bar?" When they said yes, they were each handed two drink chits!

Pigs are flying. Cats and dogs lying together. This is historic!
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:23 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Perhaps a caning/training session was effected by our friend lucky9876coins?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
lucky9876coins for President!
He's the only man who can get things done in Washington!
^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.