Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

I battle the Dulles RCC matron- you know who won! [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I battle the Dulles RCC matron- you know who won! [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2007, 9:55 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Regarding the OP's age:

Can't drink chits be exchanged for a bottle of water? They certainly can at the Admiral's club where the bottled water costs ~$2 - 2.50. @:-)

It's the bartender's responsibility to card the patrons if they appear to be under 21, not the person giving out the chits.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:19 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Raising the Mean

I went through IAD last week and got two chits at C7, no questions asked.

Last edited by Kurt; Aug 29, 2007 at 2:27 pm
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:23 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ord-hkg
In my recent experience, IAD RCC ladies have been very nice. Drink chits are always offered.
Was this in C or Y for a *gold? This has been brought up numerous times in this thread, but it bears repeating. IAD matrons are okay at offering chits to those in business or first class (though I've had to fight for those as well), but they just don't seem to be aware that *Gold members travelling in Y get two of them as well.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spiff
Regarding the OP's age:

It's the bartender's responsibility to card the patrons if they appear to be under 21, not the person giving out the chits.
Exactly right! Folks, still waiting for a law that says it wouldn't be allowed. Until then, why not stop playing that card?

And FYI, if I was with a bunch of six year olds I would request drink chits for the reason Spiff mentions above.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:31 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Uniter
Was this in C or Y for a *gold? This has been brought up numerous times in this thread, but it bears repeating. IAD matrons are okay at offering chits to those in business or first class (though I've had to fight for those as well), but they just don't seem to be aware that *Gold members travelling in Y get two of them as well.
See post #25 of this thread for an interesting theory which certainly fits with the reluctance of some clubs more than others to hand over certs. @:-)
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP NW PLAT HH GOLD VIP
Originally Posted by Uniter
1K flying Y to Europe
Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:18 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I have a chit question!

When connecting at SFO, I usually get chits on a domestic-to-international connection, but I NEVER get chits in the domestic RCC on an international-to-domestic connection.

Is this correct protocol? Or are the lounge dragons breaking the rules by denying chits to int'l pax at the gateway depending on the direction of travel?
Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
I have a chit question!

When connecting at SFO, I usually get chits on a domestic-to-international connection, but I NEVER get chits in the domestic RCC on an international-to-domestic connection.

Is this correct protocol? Or are the lounge dragons breaking the rules by denying chits to int'l pax at the gateway depending on the direction of travel?
They are not breaking the rules (fortunately). It's only at the international gateway before your transoceanic flight.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:36 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
OK good.

Can I still use my old chits at the domestic RCC then? Or does that bar not accept chits because the dragons don't issue them?
Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
OK good.

Can I still use my old chits at the domestic RCC then? Or does that bar not accept chits because the dragons don't issue them?
I have successfully redeemed my RCC chits at the locations in which they were not issued
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:32 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
IAD RCC giving out drink chits??!!

So, last week I was on my way to Paris via IAD, (travelling in E+) and went into the RCC for my 2 hour layover. Having read lucky9876coins account of having been threatened with security because he dared to ask for drink chits, I armed myself with a copy of the RCC admit rules and had a pen in hand ready to write down the matron's name.

I took a deep breath and walked through the doors. The matron smiled at me and took my boarding pass and * Gold card. "Going to Paris? Nice!" She said disarmingly. "Would you like a cocktail from the bar?" I managed to stammer a "Er, yes, thank you". She handed me the 2 drink chits. I walked down the stairs in a daze. Walked up to the bar and ordered champagne to celebrate.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bravo, bravo, bravo!^
Old Sep 5, 2007, 11:07 am

Could it be? Perhaps? Lucky's duel with the IAD RCC matron has started a new trend?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
There's hope!! ^^

(wake up! it's UA we're talking about! this is just another sign of UA's inconsistency...)
Old Sep 5, 2007, 11:21 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Let's continue this discussion in the main IAD Drink Chits thread.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.