Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

This passenger gives GS members a bad name [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This passenger gives GS members a bad name [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
83A?

Originally Posted by Jet'Dillo
LOL
This is Awesome.
That line about "83A" is such a set-up and he actually fell for it!
I would have totally called him on his crap that at that point, but that's just me.

+1 to you
Want to let us non-LH flyers in on the joke? Where is 83 A?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
83A upper deck first class on LH
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HGP Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mmack
Want to let us non-LH flyers in on the joke? Where is 83 A?
The joke is that rows 1 and 2 on LH 747 are B/C seats in Zone A (not F). F on LH 747's is on the Upper Deck using rows 81 thru 84.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Global Svcs 3 MM, LH Senator, BA Gold
On the 340, 1 and 2 are F, and either are fine - neither is in the nose. On the 744, 83A is widely regarded by LH flyers as the best seat in F - upper deck window seat at the exit - 6 feet or so of legroom.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:04 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
It wasn't me!

Originally Posted by kevinsac
As we were boarding UA 515 on Monday night in ORD, a guy crossed the red carpet with with 2 large carry-on bags and one small one which might fit under his seat.

The GA questioned him about it ..... and he stormed right down the jet way.

The welcoming FA suggested that he might want to gate-check at least one of the big bags as a courtesy to other F pax/overhead space.

He did not put his hands on his hips; he was too busy putting all three bags overhead ! But then he pulled out his "ace."

Very aggressively: I flew over 2 million miles on United last year. That's why they let me board first and why I get to carry on all my luggage.

Demurely I asked "Are those butt in seat miles?"

Huh? What do you mean?

"You know .... actual flight miles?"

Of course. I flew around the globe 14 times on United.

Doing a quick calculation .... even at 40,000 miles RTW, that gets less than 600,000 miles. "Wow. Are you ua1flyer or iluv2fly or Mr Pillows, or by any chance is your name Glenn?"

What are you talking about?

Changing the subject .... "Wow....all the way around the world on United? No other airlines?"

Well, I have been on other airlines. I've been on Lufthansa First Class.

"Or really? What's your favorite F seat on a LH 747?"

Actually, I prefer 2 A over 1A. I think 1A is too close to the nose of the cabin to be comfortable.

"Hmmm. I've always preferred 83A."

Yeah, well, I don't like to fly at the back of the bus.

5 seconds of silence. Then, still very assertively, with a point to prove: You know, I've been a frequent flier since I was 5 years old. (He looked to be about mid-30s.) And at 10 million miles, they give you lifetime status.

"Lifetime status in what?"

The program, you know!

At this point, I did not think I ever would know or care who he was .... so little ol' me, a simple 1K 1.5MM put on my head phones and turned on my iPod.

All of this, before take-off!

All of this .... and his BP did not even indicate he was Global Services!
It sure wasn't me! But for those who even care....There is no 10,000,000 BIS flyer in United's system. I hope to become the first later on this year.(less than 400K to go) As far as the 2 million miles last year...People consuming that much alchohol preflight should not be allowed to board.In 2010 I broke my own record by flying over 800,000 miles. Nobody has ever flown 1 million let alone two million! As far as the other two gentelmen mentioned..Mr Pillows and iluv2fly....they are both much too classy of guys to EVER speak that way. They both quietl and professionally just go about their business.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:02 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
It sure wasn't me! But for those who even care....There is no 10,000,000 BIS flyer in United's system. I hope to become the first later on this year.(less than 400K to go) As far as the 2 million miles last year...People consuming that much alchohol preflight should not be allowed to board.In 2010 I broke my own record by flying over 800,000 miles. Nobody has ever flown 1 million let alone two million! As far as the other two gentelmen mentioned..Mr Pillows and iluv2fly....they are both much too classy of guys to EVER speak that way. They both quietl and professionally just go about their business.
800K in one year? My butt hurts just thinking about it.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:27 am

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
There is no 10,000,000 BIS flyer in United's system. I hope to become the first later on this year.(less than 400K to go)
10M miles WOW! Do you think UA's chief pilot will be on the flight, and will he look like Sam Elliot?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
It sure wasn't me!
Of course it was not you. As I said, the guy looked to be in his mid-30s.

OMG! Did I just say that????????

This guy was BS from the word go -- except that he was presently sitting in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.