Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2004, 12:47 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Ok here's the latest batch...

7/12 UA 77 OAK-LAX 3A (733)
7/12 UA 14 LAX-JFK 7F (762)
7/13 UA 15 JFK-LAX 8A (763) ^
7/13 UA 900 LAX-SFO 19A (733)

7/17 UA 930 SAN-SFO 6D (757)
Old Jul 22, 2004, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I've been doing my share as well. Haven't sighted anyone else's markings in the mag yet, nor have mine been sighted AFAIK....

but I did run into Karen2 and her husband and granddaughter on my ORD-SFO flight on Monday night. Actually, she spotted me first in the boarding area.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
My first Hemispheres signing encounter!!!

I was on UX flight 6334 (PSC-SEA) today and looked into the Hemispheres UA Voices page and saw a fellow FTer had signed the page. On top was:

www.flyertalk.com

followed by

RobotDoctor was here on 7/21/04.

I took that plane into Pasco from Seattle last night (UX 6335) and signed the Hemispheres UA Voices page. I signed it again with todays date. How ironic the first FTer I spot is myself.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How ironic the first FTer I spot is myself.
Yeah. I just hate it when I spot myself.

Old Jul 23, 2004, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I signed another set of Hemispheres today on UA 711 (SEA-LAX) and UA 406 (LAX-DEN). I met LAX-1K at the gate area when he said a FT term, Mileage Run. I asked him where he had heard that term before and he said from FlyerTalk. I then identified myself to him as RobotDoctor and he punched me right in the nose. No, just kidding. He signed his Hemispheres on board and we had a nice conversation about travel.

It was nice to meet you LAX-1K! Have safe travels in the future.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by twebst
I was on this flight yesterday, wnet to sign page 15 and IT WAS GONE! Someone had swiped it. Maybe we will see a famous FT signature being auctioned on E-Bay or something.
Maybe Sandy Berger was on the flight before yours.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by outtolunch
Maybe Sandy Berger was on the flight before yours.
Bwwaaaaa Hhhhhhhaaaaaaaa Hhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa
Old Jul 23, 2004, 6:05 pm

Programs: United 1K (after 15 years GS) 3MM, Marriott LTTitanium
Originally Posted by PremEx
Yeah. I just hate it when I spot myself.

I've been trying to spot myself, but no joy. Guess I'll just keep lookin in the wrong places.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
How did I miss this?

What a very cool idea Robot Doctor. Did Missy help you with this?

I will remember to do this next Friday on our way back to ORD.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
I signed another set of Hemispheres today on UA 711 (SEA-LAX) and UA 406 (LAX-DEN). I met LAX-1K at the gate area when he said a FT term, Mileage Run. I asked him where he had heard that term before and he said from FlyerTalk. I then identified myself to him as RobotDoctor and he punched me right in the nose. No, just kidding. He signed his Hemispheres on board and we had a nice conversation about travel.

It was nice to meet you LAX-1K! Have safe travels in the future.

Likewise. It was a pleasure to meet you, too. What a kick to have my first face-to-face meeting...you made my day!

Of course, I was travelling with the new Mrs. LAX-1K, and she doesn't much like it when I alone babble on and on about travel and FT...and here we were today, two FT'ers carrying on. She's still annoyed at me

To stay on topic: I signed my first Hemispheres today. What a great game! I'll be continuing this tradition often.

Safe travels everybody....
Old Jul 24, 2004, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Does it count if Kathy Woodruff and I end up on the same plane one row apart (#159 on July 19 ORD to SFO) and swap magazines?!! She was in 5C and I was in 6B. We were sure surprised to see each other but, thanks to a number of nights out in the SF area, we know each other.

Loser flight with a "snack" of cheese and crackers, hardly worth the upgrade. Left at 8 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Karen2
Does it count if Kathy Woodruff and I end up on the same plane one row apart (#159 on July 19 ORD to SFO) and swap magazines?!! She was in 5C and I was in 6B. We were sure surprised to see each other but, thanks to a number of nights out in the SF area, we know each other.

Loser flight with a "snack" of cheese and crackers, hardly worth the upgrade. Left at 8 PM.
I would say not only does it count but you get bonus points if you both signed both copies that you swapped.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAX-1K
Likewise. It was a pleasure to meet you, too. What a kick to have my first face-to-face meeting...you made my day!

Of course, I was travelling with the new Mrs. LAX-1K, and she doesn't much like it when I alone babble on and on about travel and FT...and here we were today, two FT'ers carrying on. She's still annoyed at me

To stay on topic: I signed my first Hemispheres today. What a great game! I'll be continuing this tradition often.

Safe travels everybody....
My wife gets annoyed with my FlyerTalk babble as well. Let's keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by Karen2

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I would say not only does it count but you get bonus points if you both signed both copies that you swapped.
I agree with GadgetFreak that bonus points count as well. LAX-1K and I did this as well on our flight together. ^
Old Jul 27, 2004, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I usually sit in 11F on 762's transcons. So when I took my seat tonight, guess who's name I saw?

We all know that the odds of me seeing my own name is statistically higher
on a 762 because there aren't a lot of the old dinosaurs flying in the system.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 1:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Holiday Inn Platinum, peon on the rest
I guess I must fly boring routes, I never see anyone's signatures...

last week I was on 881 from ORD to NRT and the person sitting next to me lambasted me for "defacing the magazine". After I explained to him what it was all about, he said that he would join FT and proceed to "deface" magazines throughout UA's system!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.