Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2004, 9:36 pm

Programs: United 1K (after 15 years GS) 3MM, Marriott LTTitanium
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
How long did it take you to recognize your own "signature?"

I saw mine but it was a forgery.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:38 pm
rec

Programs: AA, UA, NH
I just signed two more on Ted-metal. Both in seat 5D. (different flights about 3 days apart -- and yes It would have been funny if it was the same magazine/aircraft)
Old Oct 25, 2004, 7:24 am

Programs: United 1K (after 15 years GS) 3MM, Marriott LTTitanium
My First Real Spotting

Was on UA915 yesterday and spotted
Going away
IAD-DEN
10/9/04

Signed beneath. Maybe someone will make it a threeway before the end of the month.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by twebst
Was on UA915 yesterday and spotted
Going away
IAD-DEN
10/9/04

Signed beneath. Maybe someone will make it a threeway before the end of the month.
Thanks!! That was my SEA MR over columbus day weekend that got totally changed around for the better ^ I've been stuck on 757, Airbus 319/320 and CRJs for awhile, it was a very nice change.
Old Oct 30, 2004, 8:43 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
It's getting to the end of the month and i still havent seen one, but last night BOS-IAD I overheard a guy behind me chatting with a SA FA (it was a weird flight: about half of the 757 first class section was FAs and pilots) about FT and introduced myself (sorry, it was a reeeeealy long day and I dont remember the handle: MSPDLsomething)...he hadnt signed his vocies page!!!! C'mon, people, the game will only work if you sign in!!!

(Sorry for calling you out on it!).
Old Nov 7, 2004, 3:47 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Smile My First "Spotting"

i spotted letiole today (november 7)

i was on ua 27 (jfk-sfo, 767-200) november 7 in 15b but i don't know letiole's flight #, date, etc as only the name was given. i can only guess since it was the new "hemi" that it was signed sometime between november 1-6....
Old Nov 7, 2004, 6:45 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goalie
i spotted letiole today (november 7)

i was on ua 27 (jfk-sfo, 767-200) november 7 in 15b but i don't know letiole's flight #, date, etc as only the name was given. i can only guess since it was the new "hemi" that it was signed sometime between november 1-6....
Finally! The only bummer was I was "spotted" in coach. I hadn't thought to put the flight info in, but I will from now on. It would have been from Nov. 1 LAX-JFK flt 14.
Old Nov 7, 2004, 7:30 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Originally Posted by kokonutz
...it was a weird flight: about half of the 757 first class section was FAs and pilots...
Nothing weird about that. Par for the course for my SFO<->LAX flights...

Now back on topic, a couple of days ago I signed

N538UA, seat 1A
N567UA, seat 1A

Bummer is, they were still October issues!!!. At first I thought, "hey, maybe I can get my first sighting." My hopes were dashes as soon as I noticed the mags were brand-spanking new!!!

Try again...
Old Nov 8, 2004, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Has anyone else noticed the new design of this months Hemispheres/United Voices page. How convenient that the top of the page has a space available to write www.flyertalk.com and the right side of the picture is now a place to list the FlyerTalk members in a neat list. I wonder if the page was redone for THIS game. Maybe that is my vanity coming to light here.

By the way, I have been signing away as well. I am also signing the surfboard on the from cover with RobotDoctor was here in RED ink.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
Has anyone else noticed the new design of this months Hemispheres/United Voices page. How convenient that the top of the page has a space available to write www.flyertalk.com and the right side of the picture is now a place to list the FlyerTalk members in a neat list. I wonder if the page was redone for THIS game. Maybe that is my vanity coming to light here.

By the way, I have been signing away as well. I am also signing the surfboard on the from cover with RobotDoctor was here in RED ink.
I have consistently signed the UA voices page. Last flight was in Oct. (DEN-ORD-RIC and back). Flying again on Wed. (first time this month so have not seen the new Hemisheres) and will sign both the Voices page and will as you suggest sign the cover. as well.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 12:33 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
spotted anudder one

i spotted kentb12 today (november, 13) on my flight from iad-oak. i was on ua 235 (a319, 2b) and signed right below but i don't know any of kent's flight details as it only read "flyertalk, kentb12, november 12, 2004.

now as an aside (and yes, i need to get a life), but it's a nice little rush when you turn to the "voices page" and see someones' handle-kinda makes me feel giddy
Old Nov 14, 2004, 1:06 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Nice to see people are still doing this. I got discouraged and stopped a while back after never spotting another person's name. Because I take the same route JFK-LAX-JFK every week (sometimes twice a week), the only name I ever spotted was my own!

I'll start back up - maybe I'll be luckier this time around. ^
Old Nov 14, 2004, 8:31 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
PM to signers?

I've signed quite a few times lately and still enjoy the exercise as one more way to pass the time. Just a thought... would it be a reasonable "rule" that if you spot a fellow FTer's signature that you send him/her a PM along with posting here? Are people doing this already?

Not that I don't enjoy scrolling all through this thread to see if anybody has spotted me...

Last edited by Fredd; Nov 14, 2004 at 8:34 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 14, 2004, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Fredd
I've signed quite a few times lately and still enjoy the exercise as one more way to pass the time. Just a thought... would it be a reasonable "rule" that if you spot a fellow FTer's signature that you send him/her a PM along with posting here? Are people doing this already?

Not that I don't enjoy scrolling all through this thread to see if anybody has spotted me...
I think that sending a PM would be a great idea. I would still think that entering a thread entry would be good for the rest of the people playng the game as this confirms that FTers are being spotted. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best regards,

Sam
Old Nov 14, 2004, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
I think that sending a PM would be a great idea. I would still think that entering a thread entry would be good for the rest of the people playng the game as this confirms that FTers are being spotted. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best regards,

Sam
i thought it was "part of the rules" to send the pm... as that's what i did to my two "spottees"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.