Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2004, 2:03 pm

although no quirky messages, i did sign two hemispheres yesterday - 319 atl-ord and a 767 ord-sfo.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 3:57 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, Marriott, Hilton Gold. Delta Silver Medallion
As long as your FTalk handle is not "Bin Laden" / "Osama" or "Saddam"
I will start doing mine , expect my signatures in Ted (row 11) and UA 737/757s (mostly F class) currently do not fly any Airbus equipment except Ted
Old Jun 10, 2004, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA
this is cool. Now only if we have a way to identify FT members on the same flight
Old Jun 10, 2004, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by smumbo123
this is cool. Now only if we have a way to identify FT members on the same flight

Maybe we can ask the Purser to ask for all FlyerTalk members to ring their flight attendant call buttons at the end of the safety presentation.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by smumbo123
We do. Just look for the yellow FlyerTalk tags on other passengers' carry-on bags!
Old Jun 10, 2004, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by bmoy210
I'll be sure to sign at least one every time I fly. Just going to MCI this weekend...
I was in 10F on a 757 outbound to MCI on Monday and 4A on a 737-300 inbound to ORD last night. Granted, chances are slim that you are in those seats on the same planes, but you can always just ask the person in 4A or 10F if you could borrow their Hemispheres! It's not like they would think you were crazy anything and then alert the flight attendant to your suspiscious behavior...

Wonder how much longer it will be until we have a match?
Old Jun 10, 2004, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a fairly repetitive seat 2B flyer on fairly repetitive routes, I'm half expecting my first spotting to be my own!
Old Jun 10, 2004, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by PremEx
As a fairly repetitive seat 2B flyer on fairly repetitive routes, I'm half expecting my first spotting to be my own!
Some travel in small circles.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 10:55 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

Originally Posted by PremEx
As a fairly repetitive seat 2B flyer
Please tell me you spare the FA's the lousy Shakespeare joke!
Old Jun 10, 2004, 11:37 pm

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
OK...

<looking for my sharpie>

I will scratch my handle on all the crappy seats I will have this weekend. Hmmm... I hate to do a comp to 1P but 1 middle seat booked and no seat assignments on 4 out of 5 flights??!! Yuck.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
OK...

<looking for my sharpie>

I will scratch my handle on all the crappy seats I will have this weekend. Hmmm... I hate to do a comp to 1P but 1 middle seat booked and no seat assignments on 4 out of 5 flights??!! Yuck.
No seat assignments? Did you try calling United to get some?

Anyhow, it's Hemispheres magazine that you're supposed to write on -- BadKarmaGuy if you deface the seats!!!
Old Jun 11, 2004, 5:14 am
cnk

I'm curious. Has anybody yet taken out the Hemispheres magazine to write their handle and seen their own handle from a previous flight?

Guess that's one sign that you're traveling too much.

cnk
Old Jun 11, 2004, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

cnk questions:
I'm curious. Has anybody yet taken out the Hemispheres magazine to write their handle and seen their own handle from a previous flight?
Not yet, but I speculated on that possibility in post #37 of this thread:

Reading this thread, I don't believe anyone has spotted anything yet. Neither their own or someone else's handle.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
Had my first chance to sign a Hemispheres Thurs. 6/10 - flt. #1098, SFO to SEA, a 757, 15C (I also signed 15B's magazine, as the seat was empty). Both mags were brand new, but this could be because our destination was SEA and 3 Perfect Days this months is .... Seattle, making the mag an inviting goodie to take along on deplaning. No, I didn't take mine, which would have defeated the whole purpose of signing -- I called Mr. Jassy and asked him to bring his along from his later flight (he is not a FTer and cannot understand the coolness of signing a magazine, sigh).

Signed again on our return today - flt. #987, a 319, seat 11D. This mag was older (I was embarrassed to learn of all the easy answers to the crossword that I missed ), but had not been signed by any other FTer.

Will keep signing and checking!
Old Jun 13, 2004, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I will be signing all three Hemispheres tomorrow for me and my 2 "Little Robots as we travel to DSM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.