Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2004, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Ok, new month starts tomorrow. I suggest that we start writing www.flyertalk.com and our handles on the cover page for July. Maybe this will have greater impact.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I'll be flying this weekend ... the cover page it is
Old Jun 30, 2004, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
RobotDoctor, this is your idea and a good one. However, I think the cover page may be problematic some months because of the colors. I suggest sticking with the United Voice page or alternately using the table of contents page. I did the United Voice page on several flights over the weekend and it would be real easy to see.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 3:44 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I felt a bit like a dog marking my territory, but I signed about 15 Hemispheres this month, including a couple in the SFO and DEN RCCs. Bummer ... no apparent sightings .... of course, deciphering my writing could be a problem. Maybe I'll print in the July issues.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
RobotDoctor, this is your idea and a good one. However, I think the cover page may be problematic some months because of the colors. I suggest sticking with the United Voice page or alternately using the table of contents page. I did the United Voice page on several flights over the weekend and it would be real easy to see.
I agree with GadgetFreak on using the United Voices page. Later in the month I frequently see copies that the cover is partially torn off, etc.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
Ok, new month starts tomorrow. I suggest that we start writing www.flyertalk.com and our handles on the cover page for July. Maybe this will have greater impact.
I will continue in July (I fly DEN-IAD on July 2). will continue to do the United voices page, rather than cover, as has been suggested in this thread.

I did 11 in June (all at the end of the month). Didn't sight any others, obviously no one saw mine.

I did both the voices page and in some instances the crossword. dated, listed handle, flight number and origin-destination, and usually wrote 'flyertalk' or sometimes the full url.

on one flight I was seated next to a FA who was flying standby on leisure travel. I know she saw me writing but did not comment or ask, although we had struck up a conversation off and on during the flight (DEN-LAX)
Old Jun 30, 2004, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
So, what is going to be in July? Cover, United Voice or Content page? I have ten segments in ten days starting Saturday, and will sign all the magazines in my seat pocket and the ones in the empty seats next me.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
So, what is going to be in July? Cover, United Voice or Content page? I have ten segments in ten days starting Saturday, and will sign all the magazines in my seat pocket and the ones in the empty seats next me.

I vote for United Voices
Old Jul 3, 2004, 11:58 am
In Memoriam

United Voices I hope

I signed two yesterday on the United Voices page, so I hope this is what we are sticking with.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:26 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Keep it on the voices page. Otherwise we'll eventually be needing to read the entire magazine, and who does that?
Old Jul 3, 2004, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
United Voices it is!!!

Consensus wins, signature page remains. ^

Old Jul 3, 2004, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I got 5 in today and did the toc as well as the Voices page since I didn't know what you'd end up deciding ... tomorrows flights will be Voices only.

Cheers
Old Jul 3, 2004, 11:44 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
I've felt so left out, but I finally get to take part in this game on Tuesday
Old Jul 4, 2004, 12:08 am

Could we add this to US Airways' magazine? Anyways, I think this is a great idea.
Old Jul 4, 2004, 7:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
I agree. Keep it on the UA Voices page, which is where I left my handle on yesterday's TPA-IAD flight. The cover for July didn't seem to offer many spots for writing something, anyway.

Last edited by Flying Buccaneer; Jul 5, 2004 at 7:38 am Reason: a stupid spelling error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.