Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2007, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ButIsItArt
BTW, ORD-SFO (at least the 3.20 pm flight) gets my nomination as one of the most top tier elite heavy routes in the system. The purser said that F cabin (2-cabin 777) was over 90 percent GS/1K/MM.
I would only know about Dulles, as I am not often on hub-hub routes that don't include it, but I would nominate UA903, the IAD-DEN 777 @ 1725 as the most elite-heavy flight I have been on.
Old May 10, 2007, 3:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by chowder
cblaisd you've been spotted

On 5/9 going from SFO-BUR on UA299 seat 2A (735), I spotted your signature from 5/3 SFO-RNO.
I'm no longer a virgin.
Old May 10, 2007, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
No.
Well then, good thing I wasn't feeling too Talkie Toaster that day, because had I approached this certain GS named Benjamin, chatting with his colleague C.Y., and interrupted him and asked, "Are you the famous BJ?"...well, everyone would have been and then
Old May 11, 2007, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Wow, all these years and I've never done this. Starting with my next flight, I'll be signing magazines. My guess is that I'll have a good chance for coming across another FT member, because I fly the P.S. routes often and there are only a few aircraft used
Old May 13, 2007, 8:10 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I did a five segment mini MR yesterday and found myself in 9D of the same 757 on the first (LAX-DEN) and last (SFO-LAX) legs, roughly 12 hours apart.
Old May 28, 2007, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K
RowlA you were spotted in 2D on 5/24.
Old May 28, 2007, 4:57 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
how about a double personal spotting

both flygirl94 and dliesse.

both knew from the itins section of f/t that i'd be at sfo today (may 28th).

dliesse met me upon arrival at sfo as he was killing time before his comfy f seat on a 777x3 to ord.

now as to flygirl94......poor, poor flygirl94 . she worked my phx-flight and hopefully she's not too mad at me for chatting most of the flight - tho i did have a ton of fun giving out tootsie-pops on this flight as not only is she a great person AND a great f/a [hey, she has to be to put up with me ], she took care of the remaining supply by giving 'em out to the deadheading ua f/a's on board and now, i'm also officially a junior f/a-got my wings and everything. (and, no, i didn't ask her for warm nuts, a hot towel or to hang my coat <rimshot>)

a pleasure meeting both of you
Old May 28, 2007, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Originally Posted by brassai
Whelp.... That makes three people I've spotted, and three times that I've gotten a report of being spotted!!!

Thanks for the PM and dropping a message in here with the details!!!

Seeya in the funny papers!
D.
you have spotted again on tonight's UA1139 SEA-SFO, although your mag was moved to 2D since your flight in 2C on 5/25's UA353 PHL-DEN.

what's DIA?
Old May 29, 2007, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by exerda
It is a little embarassing to be spotted on TED.
You could easily remedy that by not signing Hemispheres on Ted.... @:-)

In fact, you could even go one step further and only sign when ensconced in premium cabin on international flights....
Old May 29, 2007, 8:24 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
In fact, you could even go one step further and only sign when ensconced in premium cabin on international flights....
In which case, as far as I can tell, you'd never be spotted. Not only is my Hemispheres always brand-spankin' new on those flights (what do they do with all the once-used ones?), I don't think I've ever seen a spotting recorded in this thread from a premium cabin on an int'l flight? Seems like they're all domestic.

There do seem to be plenty of PS spottings, though, which solidifies that PS is definitely not at int'l standards.
Old May 29, 2007, 11:53 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
Originally Posted by goalie
both flygirl94 and dliesse.

both knew from the itins section of f/t that i'd be at sfo today (may 28th).

dliesse met me upon arrival at sfo as he was killing time before his comfy f seat on a 777x3 to ord.

now as to flygirl94......poor, poor flygirl94 . she worked my phx-flight and hopefully she's not too mad at me for chatting most of the flight - tho i did have a ton of fun giving out tootsie-pops on this flight as not only is she a great person AND a great f/a [hey, she has to be to put up with me ], she took care of the remaining supply by giving 'em out to the deadheading ua f/a's on board and now, i'm also officially a junior f/a-got my wings and everything. (and, no, i didn't ask her for warm nuts, a hot towel or to hang my coat <rimshot>)

a pleasure meeting both of you
A pleasure to meet both of you, as well!

Only problem with my SFO-ORD flight was that it took half the trip to figure out how to work everything in the First Suite...
Old May 31, 2007, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Had a major runway delay at LGA and found out I was sitting next to StevenShev when I logged into FT and he noticed, and then watched him signing his hemispheres (does that count as a sighting?)

Oh - and we still have another 30 minutes on line before take-off, it's already been about an hour. (should have taken the train today!)
Old Jun 1, 2007, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz 5*
Spotted DA1DAN

Hey DA1DAN, you've been spotted. (My first spotting)
You were on #1424 DEN-MCO on 5/28 in 11F. (Going to the mouse house?)

I was on #1595 FLL-DEN on 5/31 11F. (Ted's best F seat)
Old Jun 1, 2007, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL, UA, WN
It's about time!

Originally Posted by JLaw725
Hey DA1DAN, you've been spotted. (My first spotting)
You were on #1424 DEN-MCO on 5/28 in 11F. (Going to the mouse house?)

I was on #1595 FLL-DEN on 5/31 11F. (Ted's best F seat)
I've been signing on every flight for the last couple of years. I have spotted myself on a few mileage runs that involved same plane turns, or connecting flights that ended up being the same aircraft, but that doesn't seem to count.
I have not spotted anyone else. I agree with your seat comment. No mouse house for me, just visiting relatives.
Dan
Old Jun 2, 2007, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
Not fair, when do I get to fly with one of the resident FA's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.