Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM
WIRELESS!!!

You have been spotted (6/1 UA 272 LAX MCO 3D)

I was sitting in 3C for my ORD LAX flight on Monday
Old Jun 13, 2007, 11:47 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Originally Posted by goalie
now as to flygirl94......poor, poor flygirl94 . she worked my phx-flight and hopefully she's not too mad at me for chatting most of the flight - tho i did have a ton of fun giving out tootsie-pops on this flight as not only is she a great person AND a great f/a [hey, she has to be to put up with me ], she took care of the remaining supply by giving 'em out to the deadheading ua f/a's on board and now, i'm also officially a junior f/a-got my wings and everything. (and, no, i didn't ask her for warm nuts, a hot towel or to hang my coat <rimshot>)
Not fair, when do I get to fly with one of the resident FA's?
she actually "busted me" by seeing my itin in flight connect otherwise i wouldn't have known
Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Originally Posted by UALboy
WIRELESS!!!

You have been spotted (6/1 UA 272 LAX MCO 3D)

I was sitting in 3C for my ORD LAX flight on Monday

Just when I think that I'm never going to be seen... hehe
Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Man, I wish I had been active in these forums earlier this year and seen this thread. I flew just over 100,000 miles between Jan and May on UA. I am sure that I would have spotted someone had I been looking! Fortunately, I will start traveling again on a weekly basis next month, so then I can join in on the fun!
Old Jun 22, 2007, 4:44 pm

Recently returned from a MR from Australia to Europe and return. Signed my copy of Hemispheres on 12 segments. Still no spotting.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
da1dan has been spotted!

Flight 636 ORD-PVD had two nice surpises for me. First, an op-up after I'd already taken 11C (A319 downgrade from A320).^ Second, I found that da1dan had signed my copy of Hemispheres on his June 13 flight 401 from PHL-DEN!

I was so surprised my initial reaction was that I'd already signed and forgotten!

This is a fun game....
Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL, UA, WN
Originally Posted by PVDProf
Flight 636 ORD-PVD had two nice surpises for me. First, an op-up after I'd already taken 11C (A319 downgrade from A320).^ Second, I found that da1dan had signed my copy of Hemispheres on his June 13 flight 401 from PHL-DEN!

I was so surprised my initial reaction was that I'd already signed and forgotten!

This is a fun game....
Wow, two spottings in less than a month! Now, if I could just spot someone...
Dan
Old Jun 28, 2007, 9:40 pm

Programs: Affilated with the orders of I need to rest, doctor's orders!
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Iam so excited after a year of playing this game I have finally spotted someone. That someone was denisinden on my flight to anc on ua 595 sfo-anc 5A on 6.27.7. He was on an lax-den fligt seated in 5B. If someone could private message him to tell him he was spotted, as I can't seem to be able to do this on my blackberry which sucks.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Mutual Spotting!

Okay, after taking my seat (2a) I dutifully signed the Voices page of my Hemispheres (as I always do). Later, as I was exiting the Lav, the fellow waiting to use it said as I exited: "saw you signed the magazine."

He smiled and I said: "Flyertalker?" And said yes, that he had seen me sign the mag and was aware of the game. Also said that he would have signed his as well, but it was missing from his seat pocket (he was right across the aisle in 2c). We chatted briefly and I returned to my seat. When he returned, my wife (she doesn't play the game) gave him her copy of Hemispheres and he too signed.

So, same flight (UA1176 SFO-SEA on July 4th) WXGuy and denis in denver spot each other.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by denis in denver
So, same flight (UA1176 SFO-SEA on July 4th) WXGuy and denis in denver spot each other.
That's the best kind of spotting! ^
Old Jul 6, 2007, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by denis in denver
Okay, after taking my seat (2a) I dutifully signed the Voices page of my Hemispheres (as I always do). Later, as I was exiting the Lav, the fellow waiting to use it said as I exited: "saw you signed the magazine."

He smiled and I said: "Flyertalker?" And said yes, that he had seen me sign the mag and was aware of the game. Also said that he would have signed his as well, but it was missing from his seat pocket (he was right across the aisle in 2c). We chatted briefly and I returned to my seat. When he returned, my wife (she doesn't play the game) gave him her copy of Hemispheres and he too signed.

It was fun "catching you in the act." I was going to wait until we landed and were exiting the plane, but you conveniently need to use the lav IN OUR TICKETED CABIN so I saw the opportunity to say FT_hello. Good meeting you!
Old Jul 8, 2007, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I signed in this morning on UA 1290 (DEN-IAD) seated in 6B on a 752. AFAIK, I have yet to be spotted. This will be more difficult as my travel has decreased quite significantly. ^ It would be nice to be spotted at least once.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 8:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Found on UA 121 BOS-IAD, a 733, on July 12:
Holiday Babe UA 119 PDX-SFO 7/6 2C
Old Jul 15, 2007, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA1K SPG Gold HH
Wow

I have lurked here forever and finally decided to register and be a real part of the group. Couldn't decided about playing the game (always meant looking for a pen in my purse; safely stowed under the seat); but after people I knew were spotted I figured I should do it. How exciting to get spotted! I will continue to look and sign in and hopefully will be spotted again.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 9:55 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Awsome
Spotted MBS PremExec on my fligth from MEL-SYD today in 15G 747 UD
Think it was signed 07/02/07 SFO-HKG
did take a photo. I'll post that later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.