Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH, HH DIAMOND, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by glenny84
I spotted boomer339 on a flight out of SFO this morning. I went ahead and signed it as well!
Thanks glenny84 that's my first time being spotted. You win the BOOMER Prize - to be determined at a later date.

That signing was probably from my flight (SAN-IAD) on Friday 12/11.

As the leopard once said: "it's nice to be spotted".
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Which flight were you on? I flew YYZ-ORD on 12/11 also. I was on the 2:30pm (or thereabouts - got on as a standby) flight in 1F.
I was on 463 the 18:59 flight. I was next to NHsomething
Old Dec 16, 2009, 1:17 am

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Originally Posted by BOOMER339
Thanks glenny84 that's my first time being spotted. You win the BOOMER Prize - to be determined at a later date.

That signing was probably from my flight (SAN-IAD) on Friday 12/11.

As the leopard once said: "it's nice to be spotted".
Let me know when I get that prize! You were the first FTer I've seen before, so I was pretty excited. Hopefully someone will spot me as well. I probably signed 30 or 31 of Hemispheres in the last 2 weeks!
Old Dec 17, 2009, 4:19 am

Programs: AA, AS, DL, UA, WN
Originally Posted by Trulyblues
Interestingly all three times I have spotted someone it's been in E+... 6D on an airbus, and 16D/E on a 757. I have yet to find a signed copy in F, though I did catch an FTer actually in the process of signing his copy in F!
I'm the Fter that you saw signing the Hemispheres magazine! I have another self spotting to report. I flew DEN-SFO on Dec. 15th and when I checked the voices page I saw my signing from the ORD-LAX flight I took on Dec. 10th.
Dan
Old Dec 17, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by gj83
I was on 463 the 18:59 flight. I was next to NHsomething

Was a great ride with you gj
Old Dec 17, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, *Wood Plat (Gold Lifetime)
JSlo spotted...

My second FT Hemispheres sighting occurred yesterday, Dec 16, LAX-IAD: JSlo was spotted in 1B (on a 319) with the following signature:

JSlo 12/8 PHX-DEN 706

I signed below.

Always thrilling to open up the page and find an FT'er had been there.

--Flyin4MAG
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:00 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by da1dan
I'm the Fter that you saw signing the Hemispheres magazine! I have another self spotting to report. I flew DEN-SFO on Dec. 15th and when I checked the voices page I saw my signing from the ORD-LAX flight I took on Dec. 10th.
Dan
emphasis mine: gotta change seat assignments to increase your odds
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:25 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Hey thanks Flyin4Mag- nice to be a leopard.

Cheers, and Happy Holidays to all the great FT'rs out there around the world!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.33MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by danville 1K
On 11/30 SNA to DEN flight 270 the copy of Hemispheres was signed by EnergyFlyer, who was on flight 365 earlier that day (I'm assuming coming from ORD to SNA).

First time I had actually seen a FTer's signature in the magazine.
Sorry, I just saw this. Yes, I was on the ORD to SNA flight. Actually, I considered not signing the magazine, since it was the last day of the month. I'm glad I did!

This is the third time I've been spotted, but I've never spotted anyone else. Of course. I realize there are lots of folks who've never been spotted even once!

Have a happy holiday season!
Tom
Old Dec 21, 2009, 6:03 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EnergyFlyer
Sorry, I just saw this. Yes, I was on the ORD to SNA flight. Actually, I considered not signing the magazine, since it was the last day of the month. I'm glad I did!

This is the third time I've been spotted, but I've never spotted anyone else. Of course. I realize there are lots of folks who've never been spotted even once!

Have a happy holiday season!
Tom
Tom,

If you want to save it for posterity I have it sitting on my desk. Since it was the last day of the month I kept the magazine.

Happy holildays to you as well.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by EnergyFlyer
Of course. I realize there are lots of folks who've never been spotted even once!
Took me 5 years to get spotted. Funny thing was that I had no idea how my hemispheres ended up on an RJ as I haven't been on a UA one for quite some time.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM)
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
It ended up being 10 segments; ORD MSP ORD DEN SFO GEG DEN DFW ORD MSP ORD.

My only spotting on the trip was hermiehug on the SFO GEG segment. It was from UA5974 DEN SJC, 10/9/2009, seat 1D.
Woot! My first spotting after several years of playing!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 8:30 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Superguy
Took me 5 years to get spotted. Funny thing was that I had no idea how my hemispheres ended up on an RJ as I haven't been on a UA one for quite some time.
On a very few occasions, I've brought a Hemispheres with me off of a mainline flight (usually if I'm working on the puzzles still). Later, when done, I've put it in the pocket of the next flight I took... could have been something like that.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:03 am

I spotted someone over Thanksgiving, but due to lack of internet access I didn't get around to saying anything until I came home... At which point I realized I had forgotten what the name was! Ha! All I know is the name ended with a 70, and had been signed very early in November headed to/from YYZ on an Airbus twin.

So in short, my first post in this thread is useless
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH, HH DIAMOND, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by glenny84
Let me know when I get that prize! You were the first FTer I've seen before, so I was pretty excited. Hopefully someone will spot me as well. I probably signed 30 or 31 of Hemispheres in the last 2 weeks!
With the number of "signings" that you've left out there, your chances should be pretty good. The one of mine that you spotted was only the third of six that I left out there this month.

You're one up on me in the spotting catagory. I haven't come across another FTer's tag yet. Maybe the hunting will be better next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.