Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2004, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
it could be mine

Originally Posted by letiole
You'll know I was there if the crossword puzzle is completed, in ink, and with no crossouts.
always do in ink and with the rare cross out.

i'll sign the united voices page and the crossword
Old Jun 6, 2004, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by letiole
Anyone know how often during the month they swap out Hemispheres for new copies? It almost always seems as though mine's a new one even if it's late in the month.
My guess would be whenever one is removed from a seatpocket? I've had a few that were pretty beat up. I'm looking forward to Friday's flight to start marking again! I think this should be an ongoing game...not just this month! ^
Old Jun 7, 2004, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cawhite60156
I think this should be an ongoing game...not just this month! ^
I agree. I certainly will do my share to keep this game going. I think it will be great when I finally come across another FTers login. ^
Old Jun 8, 2004, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
OK, I did it today on a 757. I was in seat 3A (flight 73 EWR-SFO).

And the first Flyertalker who finds my handle in the magazine, and correctly reports to me the "code" I wrote beneath it, wins a free onboard drink coupon (or prize of equivalent value)!
Old Jun 8, 2004, 3:28 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
I agree. I certainly will do my share to keep this game going. I think it will be great when I finally come across another FTers login. ^
Login name and Password!

I will join the game on the few UA segments I fly and promise to write my FT username and a secret code, like my real first name on a few magazines. Actually it is a good idea, too bad the magazines change each month and some people even take a copy home for their personal use.

Any idea how we could leave our name on the aircraft for a longer time period without have to use a sharpie on the tray table ?
Old Jun 8, 2004, 6:44 am

I'm packing a "Sharpie" for my JFK-LAX transcon this Friday ! My objective is to tag every Hemisphere in the C- cabin.

(BTW, can we get in trouble for doing this? Not that I'm worried, just curious . . . )
Old Jun 8, 2004, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Someone may perceive a "security" threat!

Bruce
Old Jun 8, 2004, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Someone may perceive a "security" threat!

Bruce

I did get an odd look from my seatmate on Sunday morning when I pulled out the copy of Hemispheres, turned right to page 15, wrote down "something" (my FT handle) and promptly put it back
Old Jun 8, 2004, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
We can sign the emergency card in the seatback... I mean come on, who really looks at it?
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1P, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles
Question Sign on crossword page

Why not sign in on the crossword page. Everyone seems to look at that and if there's writing on this page, UA and TSA might just think that it has to do with the crossword.

Last edited by boomerang-boy; Jun 16, 2004 at 7:54 am
Old Jun 8, 2004, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by boomerang-boy
Why not sign in on the crossword page. Everyone seems to look at that and if there's writing on this page, UA and TSA might just think that it has to do with the crossword.
If there's one page I frequently see torn out of Hemispheres, that's the page. Nice effort though! JMO but I think we should stick with the original concept of signing on the "voices" page.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Actually yesterday (6/7) It was my first time saw another flyertalk member, he had the yellow flyertalk tag, which I forgot to put it on my new roller duffle. But I was too shy to talk to him, he was with his girlfriend/wife. It was on UA 150 SFO-ORD. We both sat in C class. You are in 12 H and J, and I am in 13 A. If you ever saw this thread, I am the asian guy sitting next to you looking funny near the gate at SFO.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 8:20 pm

Programs: All the best ones.
I wrote a note on UA919 LHR-IAD yesterday in 747 F-class. I also trained another set of FA that 1K's get 10% off duty free.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I signed my Hemispheres at my seat (4C on UX 5434 today) and seat 4A.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Keep it going...

I'll be sure to sign at least one every time I fly. Just going to MCI this weekend...

Barratt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.