Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL Flyers Game: FlyerTalk member sign in Hemispheres.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2005, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dhammer53
If you're on a P.S. flight, look for a magazine with 2 signatures in it.
It's in C . That's all I'm saying.
I am p.s. in 9 F tomorrow SFO-JFK...I'll be on the lookout!
Old Feb 11, 2005, 1:45 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by boifromtroy
I am p.s. in 9 F tomorrow SFO-JFK...I'll be on the lookout!
9F? The p.s. flights I've been on are 9ABCD, and though I've signed 9C/D's copies a few times, no luck with anyone spotting me yet
Old Feb 11, 2005, 1:48 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by dhammer53
If you're on a P.S. flight, look for a magazine with 2 signatures in it.
It's in C . That's all I'm saying.
hmmmm, wondering if it's anything like mine last week....

signed in y, opp'd on board to c and signed there too (762 w/ps service)
signed in y, opp'd on board to f and signed there too (true ps)
Old Feb 12, 2005, 7:48 am

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Have religiously been signing the voices page since the game began, no sightings. Did UA17 JFK-LAX in C last monday. Flying DEN-IAD-CDG on Wednesday will sign both segments: F from DEN and C from IAD. Hope to see or be seen.
Old Feb 13, 2005, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by denis in denver
Have religiously been signing the voices page since the game began, no sightings. Did UA17 JFK-LAX in C last monday. Flying DEN-IAD-CDG on Wednesday will sign both segments: F from DEN and C from IAD. Hope to see or be seen.
I've been signing them too. Last month I flew fifteen segments on 747s, 767s, 757s, 737s, 319s, and 320s. What are the odds of sitting in the same seat, on the same plane, in the same month? Three times!!

N306UA is a 737-322. I sat in this bird three times last month, all on different days:
  • UA915 - IAD-MIA - Seat:2A.
  • UA512 - DEN-MIA - Seat:2A.
  • UA1193 - MIA-IAD - Seat:2A.
The Hemispheres magazine in the seat pocket has my three entries. Looks a bit weird.
Old Feb 13, 2005, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Latitudes
I've been signing them too. Last month I flew fifteen segments on 747s, 767s, 757s, 737s, 319s, and 320s. What are the odds of sitting in the same seat, on the same plane, in the same month? Three times!!

N306UA is a 737-322. I sat in this bird three times last month, all on different days:
  • UA915 - IAD-MIA - Seat:2A.
  • UA512 - DEN-MIA - Seat:2A.
  • UA1193 - MIA-IAD - Seat:2A.
The Hemispheres magazine in the seat pocket has my three entries. Looks a bit weird.
i had that happen to me one week apart and it is wierd....

now, not a "true spotting" but did an oak-iad-oak m/r w/tattikat2 on feb 12th and sat next to billscan on the outbound
Old Feb 13, 2005, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
9F? The p.s. flights I've been on are 9ABCD, and though I've signed 9C/D's copies a few times, no luck with anyone spotting me yet
To my disappointment is was a 767-200 which was marketed as "premium service"...blech.

I was signing all weekend (2A BUR-SFO, 9F SFO-JFK, 5A JFK-SFO, 1D SFO-BUR) and until the last segment, I did not realize I was off by a day--thinking the 12th was the 11th, etc. Must've been the 6 AM flight or the bellinis
Old Feb 21, 2005, 2:39 pm

premex and catman sited!

I'm in 9H CDG-IAD on Monday 21 Feb. Waiting to push back and sipping champagne I start my ritual of signing the Voices page. My wife elbows me and points to a guy in 8D. He is doing the same thing. I say, FlyerTalk. He turns and it is PREMEX and CATMAN is sitting next to him. I consider it a siting even though I only saw his UA Voices page from accross the aisle. A siting none the less. BOIFROMTROY was also on the same flight but I did not get to meet him.

I'm currently in the IAD RCC waiting for my (delayed) flight on to Denver. Will sign again (13A) fl 903.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

denis in denver writes:
My wife elbows me and points to a guy in 8D. He is doing the same thing. I say, FlyerTalk. He turns and it is PREMEX and CATMAN is sitting next to him.
Actually that was 8F I was sitting in.

That was a very unique way to meet another FlyerTalker. Not from spotting the signature, but by spotting the FlyerTalker themselves signing the magazine!

It was great meeting you both on this very nice flight from CDG. Sorry we didn't run into each other before we boarded so you could have met my ladyfriend Holly (her American Airlines upgrade cleared, but they screwed things up on the award itself nonetheless).

BOIFROMTROY spotted Catman's FlyerTalk luggage tag while in line waiting to board and introduced himself. Sorry you didn't get to meet him. Nice young man. And lucky too. He managed an Operation Upgrade to Business just for the asking! We ran across him again at the IAD RCC and then it turned out that he was on my same continuing flight to LAX as well! So I just said so long to him at here at LAX a few minutes ago.

Small World!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:25 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by PremEx
Small World!
Yeah, It's amazing who you can meet in CDG. Magnifique!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 5:41 am

denis in denver writes:

That was a very unique way to meet another FlyerTalker. Not from spotting the signature, but by spotting the FlyerTalker themselves signing the magazine!

It was great meeting you both on this very nice flight from CDG. Sorry we didn't run into each other before we boarded so you could have met my ladyfriend Holly (her American Airlines upgrade cleared, but they screwed things up on the award itself nonetheless).

BOIFROMTROY spotted Catman's FlyerTalk luggage tag while in line waiting to board and introduced himself. Sorry you didn't get to meet him. Nice young man. And lucky too. He managed an Operation Upgrade to Business just for the asking! We ran across him again at the IAD RCC and then it turned out that he was on my same continuing flight to LAX as well! So I just said so long to him at here at LAX a few minutes ago.

Small World!

I am guessing we were all in the CDG RCC as well, sorry we didn't hook up there. I know you were worried about the tight connection for your LAX flight, but obviously you made it. Our DEN flight was delayed till 6pm (5:20 sked departure) and then we sat at the gate for nearly an hour as the cargo bins for three cargo holds were 'warped' and would not fit in the bay. Captain was clearly not happy. They had to find new bins and transfer everything. This was a 3 cabin 777 and while we were in C the FAs did not serve preflight drinks. Bummer. At least the chicken was good.

Sorry to hear about your ladyfriend's upgrade snafu - but then that's AA
Old Feb 22, 2005, 5:44 am

denis in denver writes:

Actually, I am lucky to figure out what my own seat number is, much less figure out someone elses.

Safe flying!

Denis
Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by denis in denver
Actually, I am lucky to figure out what my own seat number is, much less figure out someone elses.

Safe flying!

Denis
I was in 11G, behind the Galley, and Catman was a few rows back.

And the best part about the op-up was that I didn't even ask for it. I was getting ready to board when they called out my name!!!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:59 am

Ain't that the truth!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ErthCrclr mysteriously writes:
Ain't that the truth!
Okay. Guess we should fess up to that one too.

Two weeks or so ago I'm sitting on a p.s. LAX-JFK in 9B as folks are still boarding. Don't recall if I was in the process of signing Hemispheres or not but I heard someone call out "PremEx?" It was ErthCrclr who had recognized me from the photo of me and Catman sitting on a p.s. flight the week before that I had just posted here on FlyerTalk!

She sat right behind me and her seatmate was actor Taye Diggs.

Very nice meeting and chatting with you and your lovely young daughter. Hope you enjoyed your visit to NYC and all of artist Christo's orange bedsheets hanging out to dry in Central Park.

iluv2fly writes:
Yeah, It's amazing who you can meet in CDG. Magnifique!
And where where you hiding out this time?

Last edited by PremEx; Feb 22, 2005 at 1:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.