Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why Does C/NC Space Show For Domestic (non p.s.) UA Flights? [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Does C/NC Space Show For Domestic (non p.s.) UA Flights? [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by kmkord
I just booked UA flight 34 from OGG-SFO on 3/10. On .bomb it shows booking codes C9 and F9. Does that mean that this is actually a 3 class 777 instead of the usual 2 class on this route? It looks like this is a new flight since no data was available on the timeliness of the flight in Dec.
It is more likely that because the continuation of this flight (SFO-JFK) is a p.s. flight, and therefore C class is available for sale.
Similar to some international/domestic flights with same flight number

You ll be on a 2 class....
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Conflicting inventory?

I usually don't tread into other alliances as I usually have the option at picking that southern based carrier which I personally have imprinted my butt into more seats over the last few years than most. But since business has slowed to a screeching halt, I picked up a few new clients who insist their travel agent make the arrangements.

No worries, I will be a traitor from mother Delta for a few trips here and there.

But I started playing around with united.com and found a lot of neat little features that I haven't seen before. One would be the inventory load and how many are left in an individual bucket.

My question is how often is the information correct?

The reason being is that it shows an A320 with not only F/A inventory, but also a C/D/Z inventory. Does this mean there may be an equipment swap? Or is this the website just displaying the incorrect information?

Thanks in advance for your responses
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
Originally Posted by aviatorzz
I usually don't tread into other alliances as I usually have the option at picking that southern based carrier which I personally have imprinted my butt into more seats over the last few years than most. But since business has slowed to a screeching halt, I picked up a few new clients who insist their travel agent make the arrangements.

No worries, I will be a traitor from mother Delta for a few trips here and there.

But I started playing around with united.com and found a lot of neat little features that I haven't seen before. One would be the inventory load and how many are left in an individual bucket.

My question is how often is the information correct?

The reason being is that it shows an A320 with not only F/A inventory, but also a C/D/Z inventory. Does this mean there may be an equipment swap? Or is this the website just displaying the incorrect information?

Thanks in advance for your responses
If I'm not mistaken, this different buckets may be listed because this is a domestic segment of an international route where these fare buckets are offered all the way through both segments.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Yes when you see CDZJ classes listed on 2 class planes it generally means the flight carries an international flight number. It truly is only 2 classes though and you would not be able to purchase a business class fare on that flight unless it were part of an international 3 class itinerary purchased in business class (in which case you'd be seated in 2 class F for the domestic portion).
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
If I'm not mistaken, this different buckets may be listed because this is a domestic segment of an international route where these fare buckets are offered all the way through both segments.
correct, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ts-merged.html
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
UA has very weird inventory management. sometimes you wont see any low fare buckets depending on what route market you're in. but if you book from a diff starting city (intl or domestic), sometimes lower fare buckets will magically appear (and sometimes bookable, lol).
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
thanks for that link...i couldn't find the correct wording when doing the search function.

Thanks for all the replies
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:56 am

Programs: UA 2p
NF & NC on 2 class plane?

Hi All. Long time visitor, first time poster. Thank you all in the forum for such great info. I didn't understand why when looking on .bomb in expert mode, some flights would list NF and NC on only a 2 class plane. Does anyone know how this works?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 13, 2011 at 7:00 am Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Originally Posted by milhouse808
Hi All. Long time visitor, first time poster. Thank you all in the forum for such great info. I didn't understand why when looking on .bomb in expert mode, some flights would list NF and NC on only a 2 class plane. Does anyone know how this works?
It's an interesting question. I also wondered about this for a little while.

I think it's possibly related to through tickets from overseas stations, where you might obtain, for example, a C ticket NRT-LAS, but find there is only F on the domestic flight.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by milhouse808
UA will offer business class fares on 2-cabin aircraft so that it can sell an all-business class fare on a "direct" flight international itinerary. For example, UA 959 sells as a business-class fare from LHR-ORD-DEN, even though ORD-DEN is first class on a 2-cabin A320.

These "direct" fares cause all kinds of confusion. But if you quoted this flight for a miles award, it would clearly identify the first segment as business and the second as first.

The funny thing is I was on another airline's website (Air Canada I think) which said something like "the air travel industry defines a direct flight as including a stop where you do not have to change planes" ... a definition that does not apply in the UA world. I'm not sure I've ever seen a direct UA flight that didn't involve changing aircraft.
Old May 3, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
NC space but no NF on domestic 757?

I'm wait-listed for NF but the flight is NF0 NC2. Is it possible to get switched from NF to NC?

The flight is on a domestic 757 which only has two cabins.
Old May 3, 2011, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
It's probably a flight with an international flight number that either continues or begins an international routing. Call UA.
Old May 10, 2011, 7:59 am

Lightbulb ? United Business = First in B767-300 (SFO-HNL) ?

Hello,

I'm flying with a colleague from SFO to HNL (June 9); it's a 767-300 of United and they offer First, Business and Economy. Interestingly, my colleague who has a Business Award Ticket (I) gets the same seat-map as I have in First Class (O). We could choose to sit next to each other even though we have different classes of flight tickets.

Can anybody explain to me why United makes a difference in Business and First even though it seems to the same? Usually, if they offer only two classes, Business is not available but only First and Economy. Or am I mistaken?

I doubt there will be any difference in service if two people sit next to each other while one of them is holding a Biz and the other a 1st ticket.

Thanks for clarification! @:-)
Old May 10, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1P, SPG
Its a two class plane. They sell C class tickets for connecting intl C class pax. A C class ticket on a two class plane books in to 1st.
Old May 10, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
On a side note, you can get 3 class to HNL if you route via NRT.

Only other way to get 3 class is IRROPS, or high season they used to sometimes put the old config 744 for a few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.