Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why Does C/NC Space Show For Domestic (non p.s.) UA Flights? [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Does C/NC Space Show For Domestic (non p.s.) UA Flights? [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by dmlee18
Thank you. I think I'll find a 767 or 777 leaving from IAD. Just to be sure, they've all converted to the new lie flats by now?
No. Quite the contrary. Most 767 / 777 service IAD-SFO is on 2-class aircraft and even when 3-class is scheduled, it is routinely changed to 2-class. In its simplest terms, other than p.s., 3-class domestic service is a scheduling convenience for UA to move aircraft around, not a marketing approach.

If you go through the hastle of flying via IAD and wind up on a 2-class, it's a lot of hastle for nothing.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Thank you. I think I'll find a 767 or 777 leaving from IAD. Just to be sure, they've all converted to the new lie flats by now?
To SFO from IAD? The asnswer would be no, there are still domestic versions out there.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:56 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
You might want to take a look at post #1 here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...10-2011-a.html
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Not exactly. More details here: http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...nversions_(UA)

There are 6 2-class 777s in addition to the 46 3-class ones, and only about half of the 3-class ones have been converted to lie-flat.

There are also 14 2-class 767s in addition to the 21 3-class ones (all the 3-class ones are now lie flat).

For IAD-SFO in particular, UA846 is being operated by 3-class 777s today, tomorrow, and Wednesday (2 of them lie-flat), while UA975 is being operated by a 2-class 777 and then 2-class 767s.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Confused about upgrade space

I was looking at some flights to HNL to see if there were any with upgrade space available and I ran into some confusing information. Some of the flights I looked at for HNL-LAX and HNL-ORD appeared to be two cabin aircraft (777, 767), but they were showing things like NF3 and NC2. Now, doesn't NC mean an upgrade to business is available and NF mean an upgrade to first is available? If so, why would both of these show as available on a two cabin flight? How should I interpret this?

Color me confused.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: EK PLAT 2022-2023, UAplat soon to be LH senator!
mich,
if you look at ua912 HNL-LAX, the flight NUMBER continues onto JFK and the LAX-JFK segment is a 3 class aircraft, united in their infinite wisdom decided to run the flight number from HNL although its a 2 class aircraft from HNL-LAX only, same thing with united 200 from hnl-ord, united 200 originates in guam and for what ever reason they market the flight as f,j,y when its actually a 2 class 777
Old Jan 10, 2012, 7:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Michilander
....How should I interpret this? ...
many 2-class connecting flights to 3-class flights show C,NC, ... to aid the booking of C fares
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ts-merged.html

those flying only the 2-class flight will not be able to book C or use the NC space.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
those flying only the 2-class flight will not be able to book C or use the NC space.
Unless it's award space issued by a carrier other than UA.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by cosflyer
mich,
if you look at ua912 HNL-LAX, the flight NUMBER continues onto JFK and the LAX-JFK segment is a 3 class aircraft, united in their infinite wisdom decided to run the flight number from HNL although its a 2 class aircraft from HNL-LAX only, same thing with united 200 from hnl-ord, united 200 originates in guam and for what ever reason they market the flight as f,j,y when its actually a 2 class 777
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
many 2-class connecting flights to 3-class flights show C,NC, ... to aid the booking of C fares
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ts-merged.html

Thanks gang, I knew you guys would know the answer. Just didn't realize this related to the discussion on the ps flights.

So, if I am looking to use an u/g instrument between the mainland and HNL on a two cabin aircraft I should look at NF and ignore NC, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.