Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why Does C/NC Space Show For Domestic (non p.s.) UA Flights? [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Does C/NC Space Show For Domestic (non p.s.) UA Flights? [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
No there are 24. Pretend the business class seat map doesnt exist..there is no business class on this plane. It's first and economy.
But then why are the two maps different? And why does telephone reservations confirm this? I understand that it could be a database problem, but if it is, it's not just a web issue.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by stimpy
But then why are the two maps different? And why does telephone reservations confirm this? I understand that it could be a database problem, but if it is, it's not just a web issue.
Every day that I checked on ExpertFlyer shows identical first & business class seat maps with the exact same seats taken... once again, having the specific date you're looking at would be helpful.

Reservations agents often don't know what they're talking about...so that's an easy one to explain. Call back and get someone else they may help clear it up for you.

I promise, and would bet my house, this is a regular 2 class 757.... if you don't believe me... look up UA's 757 seat maps online. The only possibility is a 2 class 757.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
No there are 24. Pretend the business class seat map doesnt exist..there is no business class on this plane. It's first and economy.
I take it the F and C seats are one in the same......
Old Jul 24, 2010, 5:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jlemon
I take it the F and C seats are one in the same......
C bookings sit in F on a two class domestic plane
Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
C bookings sit in F on a two class domestic plane
So I think I see what is going on here: UA 942 has a routing of LAX-ORD-CDG with a scheduled equipment change in ORD. LAX-ORD is operated with a two class 757 while ORD-CDG is operated with a three class 763. On the domestic leg, the LAX originating pax who are traveling to CDG in F or C share the same cabin (domestic F) on the 757.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Is UA926 a PS 757?

I am traveling on Thursday on UA926 from LAX-SFO. I have 1P status, and I am currently 'waitlisted' for FIRST since we are within the 72 hour window. When I look on united.com if you search for flights from LAX-SFO for that day, it says under FLIGHT DETAILS shows a 757-200 flying the route, and that the available cabins are: Economy, First, Business. A few other flights that day also show all 3 cabins of service available.

In the past I've seen flights traveling from LAX-SFO using the PS 757 plane with 3-classes. UA must have to ferry these planes from LAX to SFO or vice-versa from time to time I would imagine. Does anyone know if the assumption is correct? Is there anyway to find out if this plane is the PS config? When I click on select seats it appears to be the normal 757 config, with economy starting in row 8, however, I believe it may just show this because the seat map is programed to always show this config for this route.

If so, can I expect an upgrade to F or would it only be to C?

Thanks in advanced, fellow flyer-talkers!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
No, it's not a p.s. plane. Most 8xx and 9xx flights are "continuations" of international flights, so they sell Y, C, and F even though it's only a 2-class plane. C seats get sold into the First Class cabin.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
No, it's not a p.s. plane. Most 8xx and 9xx flights are "continuations" of international flights, so they sell Y, C, and F even though it's only a 2-class plane. C seats get sold into the First Class cabin.
Thanks - do you know if UA ever uses PS planes on this route? I know for certain I saw this exact flight (UA926) use a PS plane back in February.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CIAO LAX
do you know if UA ever uses PS planes on this route?
Only in a very unusual circumstance, and only as a last-minute replacement. They've even popped up on other random routes in irregular ops situations.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 9:27 pm

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Only in a very unusual circumstance, and only as a last-minute replacement. They've even popped up on other random routes in irregular ops situations.
I agree with mahasamatman... personally I've never been on a PS sub on a LAX - SFO and I often try to take the 757 over the Airbus.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
NF = 0, NC = 3 on 2-class domestic 763

Hello,

What does NF=0 and NC=3 on a domestic 763 mean exactly? I am UDU waitlisted (within my window) for NF. Why can't I get one of the three NC seats?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 9, 2011 at 6:58 pm Reason: inappropriate content removed
Old Nov 27, 2010, 5:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by spgaston
...What does NF=0 and NC=3 on a domestic 763 mean exactly? I am UDU waitlisted (within my window) for NF. Why can't I get one of the three NC seats? ...
This is probably a 9xx or 8xx flight which is connected to a true 3-class international flight. The NC space is reserved for international passengers connecting to this domestic flight. C space passenger will be placed in F on a 2-class flight.
It will not be used for the domestic only segment passengers.

BTW I think you will find this thread useful.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:11 am

Question on new UA flight

I just booked UA flight 34 from OGG-SFO on 3/10. On .bomb it shows booking codes C9 and F9. Does that mean that this is actually a 3 class 777 instead of the usual 2 class on this route? It looks like this is a new flight since no data was available on the timeliness of the flight in Dec.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Did you look at the seat map? Otherwise many flights show C class tickets only because they sell as part of another flight's itinerary, usually an international inbound flight. So someone traveling from Europe to Hawaii in C class buys a C ticket all the way, but ends up in domestic F for the domestic part of the trip (which is usually when they start hating UA ).
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:14 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Seatmap looks like a domestic 777. It's a little confusing, because normally this happens when the domestic flight has an International flight number (8XX, 9XX) so it's easier to spot. Obviously, UA34 isn't one of those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.