Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UAORD
Flying with Mrs. UAORD in a month on LHR-ORD in first. Since its a daytime flight, we don't have to worry about galley lights. Is there much of a difference between 1A/C and 2 A/C? Is it pretty easy to talk/see each other across the aisle? Thanks!
In my opinion 2 A/C is better just because in 1A your are directly facing the galley, even though lights won't be an issue, 2 offers more privacy and less galley noise and you won't have to stare at flight attendants the entire flight. My preferred choise is 1k if I'm flying alone or 2A/C with someone. (Also, business might not be such a bad idea if flying as a couple.)
Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sammyindc
In my opinion 2 A/C is better just because in 1A your are directly facing the galley, even though lights won't be an issue
I found lights to be a real issue in 1A. Even laying down, turned towards the window, wearing an eye mask, the lights still seemed to bother me. I know it sounds a little odd, but I really found 1A to be one of the worst premium seats I've ever flown in anywhere.

1K, on the other hand, is most excellent for the solo traveler.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Thanks sammyindc. Love the new biz, but was able to grab saver first so looks like we will be roughing it across the aisle. Will stick with 2A/C.

Originally Posted by SFOSpiff
I found lights to be a real issue in 1A. Even laying down, turned towards the window, wearing an eye mask, the lights still seemed to bother me. I know it sounds a little odd, but I really found 1A to be one of the worst premium seats I've ever flown in anywhere.

1K, on the other hand, is most excellent for the solo traveler.
Im going to take 2A/C. thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 25, 2011 at 6:58 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by UAORD
Thanks sammyindc. Love the new biz, but was able to grab saver first so looks like we will be roughing it across the aisle. Will stick with 2A/C.

Im going to take 2A/C. thanks for the feedback.

Good decision.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
Best F seats traveling with baby

My husband and I will be traveling to London to see family over the holidays, and our 1-year old son will be accompanying us in F. And to pre-empt any negative comments, we will be bending over backward to ensure we are not subjecting any of our fellow F passengers to baby noises, disturbances, etc. -- we have already accepted the fact that if the little one doesn't want to behave, one of us will be standing with him by the lavs at the back of economy for the duration of the flight. Pre-child, I was always the person giving the evil eye to parents bringing a baby in a premium cabin on a long-haul flight (sometimes completely unjustified, sometimes not), so I fully expect the same in return and will do anything I can not to irritate the other pax in F. We are on the late flight out, so here's hoping he conks out.

That said, we are currently in 2A and C going both directions. It seemed logical, given we are traveling as a pair, and easier in terms of helping out with the little guy. However, in reading this thread, I am wondering whether it would be better to have one of us in 1K with the baby. If it is truly a more "isolated" seat, then perhaps the risk of disturbing a fellow passenger will be even lower in that seat. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
1K is nice and isolated, but I feel that you and your family would be better off in 2A and C. With the pair of seats, it will be easier to help out with your son. Passing him off would be awkward especially if you have 1K and 2C.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: UA GS
20B vs 23k in Y+ (day flight TATL Europe to US)?

I am lineman sized, so I tend to find the traytable-in-armrest seats cramped on my hips and rear, with little in-seat flexibility. Plus the armrest traytable doesn't usually extend far enough forward to get past the beer belly (at least not comfortably enough for laptop work purposes.

I normally like window seats, which give me an ability to rest my head on the wall (being 6'6", my entire head and neck are above the seatbacks and with most of the headrests sloppy and loose when extended, I cannot normally rely on them if I want to nap).

I'm leaning towards sticking with 23K, my currently assigned seat. Are there other reasons to snag a Row 20 seat? Do the extra legroom benefits of Row 20 include the middle seats or is it just the A/B and J/K seats?
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
First time flying UA metal, excited to try out E+ finally!

Right now I have 21A. Few questions though...
  1. 19 A/B/H/J/K are all available. Seatguru claims they have restricted legroom. Are these bad choices?
  2. 20 is taken on the sides, so that's a no go. Any difference though between the side seats (A/B and J/K) over the middle ones (C/E/H)?
  3. If I have a window seat, is it easy to get in and out if there's someone in the aisle seat?
  4. Finally, the IFE is what exactly? Looped entertainment, AVOD, something else? I know there are PTVs, and I know there's CH9..

Thanks in advance! (And I apologize...I'm sure the info is somewhere here in the thread, but I tried looking using both the built-in search feature, and using Google, but I couldn't come up with anything.)
Old Sep 11, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by joshwex90
First time flying UA metal, excited to try out E+ finally!

Right now I have 21A. Few questions though...
  1. 19 A/B/H/J/K are all available. Seatguru claims they have restricted legroom. Are these bad choices?
  2. 20 is taken on the sides, so that's a no go. Any difference though between the side seats (A/B and J/K) over the middle ones (C/E/H)?
  3. If I have a window seat, is it easy to get in and out if there's someone in the aisle seat?
  4. Finally, the IFE is what exactly? Looped entertainment, AVOD, something else? I know there are PTVs, and I know there's CH9..

Thanks in advance! (And I apologize...I'm sure the info is somewhere here in the thread, but I tried looking using both the built-in search feature, and using Google, but I couldn't come up with anything.)
Re row 19:

If you have short legs, the 19 seats aren't bad and if you're in a window it makes for easy ingress/egress over your seatmate. But if you are of average height or above, you will not be able to stretch your legs at all.

Re: row 20, my impression is that the middle row of 20 does not enjoy the extra legroom that 20A/B and J/K get. But then again those middle seats have the tray tables in the seatback and not in the armrest, so you don't lose an inch or so of butt-room.

IFE is the looped movies and TV shows, no "on demand". It works ok, but screen quality is hit or miss, as these systems are getting really old.

In E+, unless you have really short legs or a huge rear and need the extra inch of butt-room, your order of preference should be 20A/B/J/K > 20 CDF and 21+ > 19.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: United GS
Best seating for a family in intl-configured 767?

We're taking a family of 4 including two small children ORD-SFO on the international configuration 763. All upgrades to business have cleared (2 regional, 2 UDU).

Right now we're in 9 J,K and 10 J,K. Although normally I avoid both those rows, with kids I'm not as concerned about the galley noise, plus we're kind of tucked away in the back to make the fewest problems for others (I'm not heartless).

Question is - how high are the backs in the new seats? Will we be able to pass things over the top? Is this a better choice than 9 C,F,J,K? Unfortunately the routes I tend to fly are all old-style 777s so it's been a while since I had a new seat and the layout of that cabin isn't fresh in my mind.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 5:54 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by in_27D
We're taking a family of 4 including two small children ORD-SFO on the international configuration 763. All upgrades to business have cleared (2 regional, 2 UDU).

Right now we're in 9 J,K and 10 J,K. Although normally I avoid both those rows, with kids I'm not as concerned about the galley noise, plus we're kind of tucked away in the back to make the fewest problems for others (I'm not heartless).

Question is - how high are the backs in the new seats? Will we be able to pass things over the top? Is this a better choice than 9 C,F,J,K? Unfortunately the routes I tend to fly are all old-style 777s so it's been a while since I had a new seat and the layout of that cabin isn't fresh in my mind.
You won't be able to do much with the kids in this layout. If that is important, two middle seats adjacent to an aisle/window pair will definitely be better. Depends on what you plan on doing on board
Old Oct 3, 2011, 6:11 am

Location: The opinion expessed here are not necessarly those of United Airlines or any affiliates or subsidiaries of UAL Corp..
I think row 9 seats C&H J &K would be a better choice for a family of 4 with small kids since you can see each other 9C & H are AFT facing seats,9J &K face forward so you'll be able to talk to one another easier & swap seats if needed and pass any items. 10 J K are AFT facing so it could be a bit more of a challenge to pass items with out having your seat in take off mode.

I find that there is more galley noise at 10 J K due to the chiller fans are on that side also the ovens. The most noise for 9C & 9 A & B is that due to lack of galley space the crew will use the crew rest seat area 13A B & 14 A & B for extra space for linens, glass racks etc.. There the last seat sold (coach type seats) to pax on flights that don't have a scheduled crew rest.

The nice thing about row 9 is that you're one of the first to be served.

Enjoy your flight .
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: United GS
9 C,H,J,K it is!

thanks for the advice.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bkc6j
-Once they started flying the system, they noticed (and I frequently noticed) some artifacts in AVOD playback (skipping picture and sound).

PS: I was told that the first time the full system had ever flown was just on Friday, and that was when they noticed some of these issues. I was pretty impressed the system worked as well for this point of development.
In my experience the systems from Panasonic Aero are never fully bug-free. Two years after launch, I can still easily crash the Panasonic system on the SQ Airbus 380's, only by performing functions that the system is supposed to perform. Repeated complaints to SQ about the problems got acknowledgement of the issues from a very high management level at SQ when the 380's were first launched - and yet they persist. Complaints to Panasonic Aero don't even get a response from them, typical.

The existing IFE vendors are incompetent boobs IMHO. You have literally tons of equipment on the planes that performs poorly, while at the same time you have tons of equipment (iPods, iPads, dedicated DVD players, etc) hauled on to the aircraft to perform the same tasks. Airlines would be better served by ditching these poorly operating systems and renting iPads to the passengers.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
On the UA 763 Intl version do any of the business seats have a wider foot area when laying flat? I know on CO's 757 and 777 with their lie-flat seat the bulkheads have more footspace.

I have the opportunity to sit in Row 10 or Row 6 (both rear facing). Though Row 6 is a "better" seat according to seatguru because it is away from the lav and galley; but it might have the narrower footspace; since Row 10 should have nothing in front of it; it should be wider.

So basically, is all the foot space the same at all seats; but the ones facing bulkheads have wider foot spaces.

Thanks!

- HF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.