FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)
Old Sep 11, 2011, 5:19 pm
harryhood

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by joshwex90
First time flying UA metal, excited to try out E+ finally!

Right now I have 21A. Few questions though...
  1. 19 A/B/H/J/K are all available. Seatguru claims they have restricted legroom. Are these bad choices?
  2. 20 is taken on the sides, so that's a no go. Any difference though between the side seats (A/B and J/K) over the middle ones (C/E/H)?
  3. If I have a window seat, is it easy to get in and out if there's someone in the aisle seat?
  4. Finally, the IFE is what exactly? Looped entertainment, AVOD, something else? I know there are PTVs, and I know there's CH9..

Thanks in advance! (And I apologize...I'm sure the info is somewhere here in the thread, but I tried looking using both the built-in search feature, and using Google, but I couldn't come up with anything.)
Re row 19:

If you have short legs, the 19 seats aren't bad and if you're in a window it makes for easy ingress/egress over your seatmate. But if you are of average height or above, you will not be able to stretch your legs at all.

Re: row 20, my impression is that the middle row of 20 does not enjoy the extra legroom that 20A/B and J/K get. But then again those middle seats have the tray tables in the seatback and not in the armrest, so you don't lose an inch or so of butt-room.

IFE is the looped movies and TV shows, no "on demand". It works ok, but screen quality is hit or miss, as these systems are getting really old.

In E+, unless you have really short legs or a huge rear and need the extra inch of butt-room, your order of preference should be 20A/B/J/K > 20 CDF and 21+ > 19.