Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2010, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by JohnnySF
Curious what's the best way to get the crew rest seats on the 767 Int'l birds? A couple of times, I've asked at check in with success. I see them on the seat map during OLCI, but they're never available. Is it sheer luck?
Are you hoping to get them on a domestic flight, or international?
Old Oct 24, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Are you hoping to get them on a domestic flight, or international?
Domestic. I fly SFO-ORD-SFO weekly.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: UA*S, OZ*G, CO*S
E+ Seating

Would I be better off with 19H (center bulkhead aisle) or a regular E+ aisle seat? Seatguru marks the center of row 19 yellow, but I hate it when people fully recline for the entire flight. Would it be worth it or is the legroom very restricted?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: UK Million miler.
Premium Economy Plus!

Waiting at the gate in IAD yesterday anxiously looking at the screen to see if my upgrade to Business on UA 922 (IAD-LHR) was going to come through. Never trust the screen - First Class checked in full with one pasenger waiting for an upgrade, Business Class 2 seats available I am nos 2 on the list. Then it goes to 1 and I am nos 1 on the list, then checked in full and I am still nos 1 on the list. Oh Well. Flight was full and the GA was asking for one $400 volunteer which, unfortunately, I was not in a position to take.

Then during boarding I was given a new boarding pass which I initially thought was an upgrade. But no, still economy but seat 14A on the 767. It didn't me long to realise a crew rest seat but unlike the old 777 configuration, in front of 21H/J, as most FT's will know it is located in the business class section.

So my first experience of United's "Premium economy plus". Economy plus seat with leg rest and more recline, business class pillow and duvet, bathroom bag, but best of all business class beverage and food service. And both my seating companion and I got our first choices of breakfast and lunch.

All I need now to top off the experience is my SWU back.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Referencing my post of Sept 28: DH and I are using SWUs to (hopefully) upgrade ZRH-IAD in early December. We already have biz seats on a new 767on the final leg IAD-ORD. Right now, biz class is getting pretty full when I check on line... ugh. I'm wondering if we could get the seats in the crew rest row? I'm a 1K... does that matter? DH is P2. I don't do the OLCI, ever, but would surely consider it IF I thought we'd have a chance at getting the crew rest seats! Will maybe try for them on the ORD-AMS trip over, if possible to snatch them up.

Any recent experience with SWUs ZRH-IAD?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by sim510
Referencing my post of Sept 28: DH and I are using SWUs to (hopefully) upgrade ZRH-IAD in early December. We already have biz seats on a new 767on the final leg IAD-ORD. Right now, biz class is getting pretty full when I check on line... ugh. I'm wondering if we could get the seats in the crew rest row? I'm a 1K... does that matter? DH is P2. I don't do the OLCI, ever, but would surely consider it IF I thought we'd have a chance at getting the crew rest seats! Will maybe try for them on the ORD-AMS trip over, if possible to snatch them up.

Any recent experience with SWUs ZRH-IAD?
If I understand you correctly:

You are currently waitlisted on ZRH-IAD on the 767
C is filling up, and you want to see about getting into the crew rest seats

Is that correct?

On an international flight, the crew will be using the crew seats, so they will not be open for selection by passengers. Status does not matter, as you would not be able to get the seats on the international flight, no matter if you are 2P or 1K..

You can get them if the flight is using the intl 767 on a domestic route, but if it's international, you won't be sitting there.. Sorry.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by papatango
Waiting at the gate in IAD yesterday anxiously looking at the screen to see if my upgrade to Business on UA 922 (IAD-LHR) was going to come through. Never trust the screen - First Class checked in full with one pasenger waiting for an upgrade, Business Class 2 seats available I am nos 2 on the list. Then it goes to 1 and I am nos 1 on the list, then checked in full and I am still nos 1 on the list. Oh Well. Flight was full and the GA was asking for one $400 volunteer which, unfortunately, I was not in a position to take.

Then during boarding I was given a new boarding pass which I initially thought was an upgrade. But no, still economy but seat 14A on the 767. It didn't me long to realise a crew rest seat but unlike the old 777 configuration, in front of 21H/J, as most FT's will know it is located in the business class section.

So my first experience of United's "Premium economy plus". Economy plus seat with leg rest and more recline, business class pillow and duvet, bathroom bag, but best of all business class beverage and food service. And both my seating companion and I got our first choices of breakfast and lunch.

Sitting in 9C last week I had a good hard look at the crew rest seats. At first everything looked great, then I thought they didn't have video screens. Took me half the flight to realize they have the foldaway screens like the old business seats. I think the only negative of the crew rest seats would be having the galley next to you. Seems like it would make for a loud and bright trip. Nevertheless, I would gladly take them over standard E+ if given the choice.

One question though; do they have empower or 110v outlets?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
do they have empower or 110v outlets?
I suspect it's more like 110v or nothing. Empower is dead.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I suspect it's more like 110v or nothing. Empower is dead.
Good point. But it beats having nothing, in fact I now seek out 767's, 777's if I have a choice for long domestic travel if I have a choice. No new laptops with better battery life until the economy improves...
Old Nov 9, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Friendlyskies, thanks for your reply. It took me a while to locate this thread or I would have thanked you sooner.

We were, indeed, hoping to get row 13 or 14 on the ZRH-IAD leg. Guess that isn't going to happen. And biz is looking pretty full. The 'back of the bus' isn't full at all. Maybe we'll each get 3 seats across for some sleep! I may have to settle for that. Right now we have exit row seats with plenty of leg room, but I don't sleep sitting up! At least, not what I'd call sleep! It's a daytime flight, however, so we may be OK. We'll sleep from IAD to ORD as we do have our upgrades to lie-flat biz seats.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by papatango

Did you get your SWU back or did you end up having to "pay" for the "premium economy plus"?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelWCS
Did you get your SWU back or did you end up having to "pay" for the "premium economy plus"?
Not yet, but as it involves juggling the SWU with a missing CR1 and two e-mails to 1K voice thus far, progress will undoubtedly be slow. But my previous contact with 1K voice has always produced a favourable outcome so I remain optimistic. I will let you know in due course.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by marble
Can anyone confirm what row 28 is like ... is it an E+ or a normal seat?
I've had my flight now so I've come back to confirm that row 28 (A,B and J,K) are indeed E+ seats. Was quite happy to get them for nothing. The middle (C,E,H) are just standard seats ... I guess the UA online seat picker can't handle a mix of E/E+ in the same row so they've gone with the safe option.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by MichaelWCS
E-mail from 1K this morning. SWU has been returned and CR-1 taken from my account. Will try to use the SWU on UA 935 next Friday but chances are slim so it will have to be UA 919 on 11/12/10 which looks to be confirmable at the moment.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
Boarding door

Does the 767-300 board from the door near the cockpit or through the door between C and E+? Routing is ord-lhr.

Cheers,
T

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.