FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:13 pm
Marno

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
Best F seats traveling with baby

My husband and I will be traveling to London to see family over the holidays, and our 1-year old son will be accompanying us in F. And to pre-empt any negative comments, we will be bending over backward to ensure we are not subjecting any of our fellow F passengers to baby noises, disturbances, etc. -- we have already accepted the fact that if the little one doesn't want to behave, one of us will be standing with him by the lavs at the back of economy for the duration of the flight. Pre-child, I was always the person giving the evil eye to parents bringing a baby in a premium cabin on a long-haul flight (sometimes completely unjustified, sometimes not), so I fully expect the same in return and will do anything I can not to irritate the other pax in F. We are on the late flight out, so here's hoping he conks out.

That said, we are currently in 2A and C going both directions. It seemed logical, given we are traveling as a pair, and easier in terms of helping out with the little guy. However, in reading this thread, I am wondering whether it would be better to have one of us in 1K with the baby. If it is truly a more "isolated" seat, then perhaps the risk of disturbing a fellow passenger will be even lower in that seat. Any thoughts?