Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Crossed 2MM 4 hours into my HKG-ORD flight yesterday. I feel so dirty, especially after landing and reading about the new revenue-based "enhancement".
Old Jun 22, 2013, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Of all the ironies - I crossed 1MM on ORD-HKG, ol' 895 (my friend and nemesis all in one) this week. Ironic in that this is the flight 5 years ago that first brought me to the world of FT!

Had a nice chat w/the pilot at the start of the flight, mentioned I was crossing ~3,300 miles into the flight, asked for any point of reference. Learned it was over the North Pole; woke up at the end of the flight with this flight map as a nice gift for me too:

Old Jun 22, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Of all the ironies - I crossed 1MM on ORD-HKG, ol' 895 (my friend and nemesis all in one) this week. Ironic in that this is the flight 5 years ago that first brought me to the world of FT!

Had a nice chat w/the pilot at the start of the flight, mentioned I was crossing ~3,300 miles into the flight, asked for any point of reference. Learned it was over the North Pole; woke up at the end of the flight with this flight map as a nice gift for me too:
Now that's a keepsake!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 23, 2013 at 3:26 pm Reason: image removal
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: Continental
What percentage of UA flyers reach a million miles?

Anyone care to venture a guess?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And anyone who does please do not base you guess on the percentage of MM and more fliers on FT. Not a realistic distribution.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:46 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
New MM'er

Crossed 1MM BIS on final approach into NRT on June 27th. ^
Old Jun 29, 2013, 3:48 pm

I passed my million miles mark last November. I guess I earned the MM status the hard way. I suffered a stroke while on that trip to Berlin :-(
Old Jun 29, 2013, 3:55 pm

I'm a one-way trans-Pac away from qualifying. I've been a trans-Pac return trip away for 2.5 years now.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by horsewithnoname
I'm a one-way trans-Pac away from qualifying. I've been a trans-Pac return trip away for 2.5 years now.
Then why not fly UA one or two more times? Things can change, but lifetime (no matter how poor the benefits) is something forever. In case you need a status match later, you'll always be UA Gold.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

That's awesome. I'm not expecting anything on my crossing in Oct.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 30, 2013 at 6:44 am Reason: image removal
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
Then why not fly UA one or two more times? Things can change, but lifetime (no matter how poor the benefits) is something forever. In case you need a status match later, you'll always be UA Gold.
I probably will within the next couple months. The thing is, it really only works for flights to the US from SIN, and I haven't been going there that much. One return to HKG plus one return to NRT would do it as well.

I think my first post is inaccurate. I was thinking, for 2.5 years, I've been within one more return trans-Pac on UA from an amount that would have made me become a million miler when the star alliance flights got counted with this Continental merger. But I realise this is not true; I had some additional star alliance flights within that window, so I was actually not so close for so long.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 1:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, BA Blue, Wyndham Diamond
Being a 1K for the past 4 years helped to achieve 1MM, although next year will be my last at that level. I happened to mention this to the Purser on my qualifying flight LHR-SFO (E+ seat) last year: he brought bottle of wine from Business for me to 'celebrate' and the Captain also came to my seat to congratulate me.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, Motel 6 Tin
Been a Million Miler for a few years now. Approaching a million miles in Y. There should be a special award for that.

And, anyone with a million miles in RJs/turboprops should be lifetime 1K!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dsquared37
That's awesome. I'm not expecting anything on my crossing in Oct.
You have to bring it up - they're not going to know on their own.

And 10 days later, still nothing from UA...I'm not expecting much, but since supposedly "these guys are the best Big Data types" in the industry (), you'd think a milestone crossing might trigger an automated e-mail congrats of some sort. But I guess that's over-entitled - it's a business, not an airline.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
You have to bring it up - they're not going to know on their own.

And 10 days later, still nothing from UA...I'm not expecting much, but since supposedly "these guys are the best Big Data types" in the industry (), you'd think a milestone crossing might trigger an automated e-mail congrats of some sort. But I guess that's over-entitled - it's a business, not an airline.
I mentioned to the FA and the pursuer on my flight this week that I was hitting MM on a DEN-NRT 787 and pretty excited about it. The service was great on the flight and both of them replied with "that's great, thanks for being such a loyal customer". I haven't received an email or any other type of notification other than an update on the website that my lifetime miles are now showing 1M. MrsLimey1K is thrilled that her status now shows "1K" though! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.