Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
I think Pat#'s experience is typical of the crew/staff who service the Hawaii flights. My 1MM, 2MM, 3MM and now 4MM were all unmemorable flights. Nobody noticed, and I certainly did not receive a bottle of wine. Maybe on my 5MM, I'll receive some attention...
That is a route a rarely use, My first three MM milestones were non events, for 4 I was showered with love.
Pat89339 and wxguy like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Long time lurker soon to be 1MM mostly on my own dime. EWR-SFO on 7/20!
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: UA GS 3MM AA PL 2MM
Traveling UA955 TLV to SFO - starting mileage was 2,996,578. FA's all came to congratulate, Nice and low key just I how like it. Now an hour out from SFO and officially a 3M flyer. Guy behind me hit 1M on same flight.

Anyone know how many 3m UA fliers there are?
Flying Machine and Kannai like this.

Last edited by HighMount; Jul 20, 2019 at 5:12 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by wkexec
Didn't plan my 1MM very well and ended up on a short haul subcontracted flight JFK to IAD. I quote the FA: "There is a note here that wants me to say you reached something called one million something. Um, do you get something for that?" Guess not.
Oh dear. so sorry about that. Welcome to the MM club.
iapetus and Kannai like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by wkexec
Didn't plan my 1MM very well and ended up on a short haul subcontracted flight JFK to IAD. I quote the FA: "There is a note here that wants me to say you reached something called one million something. Um, do you get something for that?" Guess not.
Must be awhile back. UA has not flown JFK-IAD for a few years now. Hope your 2MM experience is more meaningful.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Hitting 21 million today going from Melbourne to LA and then on to Chicago for a Sunday BBQ. It’s been a great summer so far. Safe travels everyone.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:28 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Hitting 21 million today going from Melbourne to LA and then on to Chicago for a Sunday BBQ. It’s been a great summer so far. Safe travels everyone.
Well done & congratulations Tom ^ and still in awe
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Hitting 21 mIllion today going from Melbourne to LA and then on to Chicago for a Sunday BBQ. It’s been a great summer so far. Safe travels everyone.
In the spirit of today's anniversary, that's roughly 42 round trips to the moon.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
I think Pat#'s experience is typical of the crew/staff who service the Hawaii flights. My 1MM, 2MM, 3MM and now 4MM were all unmemorable flights. Nobody noticed, and I certainly did not receive a bottle of wine. Maybe on my 5MM, I'll receive some attention...
UGH, honestly United need to do a better job of this. I got nothing special for either my 1mm or 2MM, lol and being the optimist I am I hope I get something fun for my 3MM in 5 years.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by juanitajh
Long time lurker soon to be 1MM mostly on my own dime. EWR-SFO on 7/20!
A quick report on my 1MM flight:

I tweeted United two days before my departure and received a pleasant response thanking me for sharing and for my loyalty. The fight was delayed by 45 minutes, so in many ways, we were just happy to start the boarding process. I handed my boarding pass to the Purser asking if she could see if the pilot would sign the boarding pass for my 1MM flight. She smiled although she didn't seem to know what 1MM reference I was referring to.

My highlighted moment came during the snack purchase ( I was in E-). The cheese plate was unfortunately sold out. Upon swiping the credit card for my Pringles and (awful) Hummus purchase, the FA exclaimed, "this is your 1MM flight, did you know that?" I asked her how she knew, and she showed me the credit card device with her congratulations prompt. She indicated the machine was only allowing her to charge me for one item--for which I offered a hearty "thanks!" I have no idea if that was a gift from the FA or United. Regardless, I was not charged for either item.

No other mention was made. When we landed, I asked the Purser for my boarding pass. She apologized that she had spilled coffee on it but told me the pilot offered a cockpit picture. It was late, so I declined.

The best part was my status updating on the app within 30 minutes of landing. On my Uber ride home, all of my upcoming flights were updated to E+. Hubby was gifted status by the morning. All is good!

Keep your expectations low, you might receive free Pringles!

1MM prompt!
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, United 3MM, Marriott Platinum
Made 3 million last week

Hit 3mm on a flight from London to SFO. Interesting contrast to some of the other experiences noted above. Nothing from anyone except the app had a message noting the change. If there's one thing United has taught me it's how to be realistic in my expectations.
artvandalay and jjmoore like this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DrScience
Hit 3mm on a flight from London to SFO. Interesting contrast to some of the other experiences noted above. Nothing from anyone except the app had a message noting the change. If there's one thing United has taught me it's how to be realistic in my expectations.
Congratulations nonetheless.

David
Flying Machine, LIH and 8MiHi like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I finally became a Million Miler yesterday SFO-EWR! Zero recognition from United...oh well

This was a long time coming, I average 50 to 75K a year, and 90% of my flying is back of the bus. Mr jtwiz will be the lucky recipient of my companion Gold status.

I'm very close to retirement so it was nice to get this done under the wire!
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Congratulations. Retiring with Gold is nice. Retiring with Gold and giving Gold to a companion is better.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: Various
I just received a MM congratulations packet in the mail, with a cute little acrylic plaque (as well as more coasters, luggage tags, and drink certs). It's a small thing, but I really appreciate that gesture!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.