Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My seatmate hit 1MM on SFO-SEA last week, and received a bottle of wine for his efforts. Got me excited for the 2MM that I will hit sometime next year. If I'm lucky I can time it for our family trip such that I can let Mrs Cricketer and the Juniors know how special I actually am
Flying Machine, DELee and 8MiHi like this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
That's what I call staying power !!
I could make a credible argument for blaming my Dad. He was a career Gov't employee and they had the choice of United or American and he flew United more often than not. That meant we did too on the couple times we went along with him when he was able to make it a family trip. I actually got started myself once I got out of college because my first couple jobs were w/ gov't contractors/VARs and they have to follow the same rules for travel. So It's a multi-generational brand-loyalty thing
8MiHi likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by pindi
I was going to hit 1 MM on my return trip from Beijing yesterday. I had called about special meal ordering last week and mentioned to the agent that I'll be hitting the milestone on my return trip. She said "Let me make a note of that here". I was not expecting anything and I got exactly that - nothing. A few minutes after boarding, I walked up to the purser and asked if I could get a copy of the flight path with the mile marked (for my 1 MM crossover). She said "Why don't you go ask the captain?" and sent me to the cockpit. When I went there, the captain was missing but the first officers were there. They gave me a marked flight path and said "I am sure the captain would want to meet you" - and in walked the captain. He was very very nice, congratulated me and signed the flight path with a personal message. He then said "Usually folks take photos in my seat for such occasions...". I ran back to my seat for my phone and brought my 12 yr old along. The captain "posed" us individually in his seat, pointing out which hand goes where for the best photo :-) etc.... It was super cute. He put his cap on my daughter for her photo. Overall a very nice experience there. When I got back to my seat, the FA asked me what all the fuss was about. When I told her, she said "That's nice". Later in the flight, another FA came and congratulated me. Towards the end of the flight, the first FA came and gave me PJs from Polaris as a gift (we were in E+) :-) :-)

The app showed me a million miler within an hour of landing. Am glad I did not expect any fanfare!
Maybe not a lot of fuss for you but what nice memories for your daughter and you!
iluv2fly and Kannai like this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
After 24 years I will finally hit 1MM tomorrow from LAX-DEN.

Most years spent as a Sliver, a few as a gold and 1 as a 1K. I fly mostly short flights out of DEN to the west coast and I got an email from Oscar about 10,000 miles ago saying I was close to the 1MM.

Looking forward to booking E+ in advance and my wife will be happy with her status as well.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Life Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I will hit 1MM next week after about 20 years with Continental and United, mostly the past 7 years as 1K.
narvik and 8MiHi like this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by fishleafer
I will hit 1MM next week after about 20 years with Continental and United, mostly the past 7 years as 1K.
Congratulations! 🎊🍾🎈Let us all know if anything happens on the flight.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Another year towards 2MM

Clicking off the miles (are they points now?) and closing in on 1.6MM. Unless something changes, the next three years could put me to 2MM in a total of 16 years of flying UA regularly as a 1K.

I’d say things sure have changed over this time period. Remember double elite qualifying miles? How about special 1K website with photojournalism contributions by fliers! I wonder what will happen when there are too many of us 1MM star Gold fliers? I sure hope nothing ever happens there!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by tryathlete
Clicking off the miles (are they points now?) and closing in on 1.6MM. Unless something changes, the next three years could put me to 2MM in a total of 16 years of flying UA regularly as a 1K.

I’d say things sure have changed over this time period. Remember double elite qualifying miles? How about special 1K website with photojournalism contributions by fliers! I wonder what will happen when there are too many of us 1MM star Gold fliers? I sure hope nothing ever happens there!
I think that fewer people will qualify for the MM program going forward—at least a smaller percentage of the total number of MP members. The changes in the program have taken the metric of distance away: people should be more focused on spending and segments. Mileage runs or mileage padding for short-term benefits are all but gone, with the exception of PQPs on partner airlines, which don’t accrue lifetime benefits. The changes in the MP program have likely secured the MM program as is.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by mechteach
I just received a MM congratulations packet in the mail, with a cute little acrylic plaque (as well as more coasters, luggage tags, and drink certs). It's a small thing, but I really appreciate that gesture!
How soon after you achieved MM status did you get the packet? I got a note(more like a printed card) from the ground staff for my 2MM at the end of Oct while boarding, but haven't had any other communication with United since. Should I still expect the choice of a 'gift'?, or has that been discontinued?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mauld
How soon after you achieved MM status did you get the packet? I got a note(more like a printed card) from the ground staff for my 2MM at the end of Oct while boarding, but haven't had any other communication with United since. Should I still expect the choice of a 'gift'?, or has that been discontinued?
Just go to the link in the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...iler-gift.html wiki, it takes UA a couple of weeks.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Took 2 weeks for mine, which also included my wife's GS apparel (I immediately added her as the companion when my MM miles posted).
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Various
It took about 4 weeks or so for me.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Just crossed 4M BIS miles on FRA-SFO!

Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
Just crossed 4M BIS miles on FRA-SFO!

Wow! That is something truly to inspire! Congratulations and enjoy your lifetime status Mr. GS :-)
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Crossed 2MM on EWR to HKG last Friday. On the first leg to EWR from DEN, the flight attendant said congrats. The crew on the flight to HKG shoed me out of the cockpit before I could ask the captain about the location on the route where I would cross, etc. even though the flight deck crew said they had plenty of time for questions. Unfortunately I found the HKG based crew to be lame across the board (in both directions) and that came in with no/low expectations.
narvik and LIH like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.