Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paranoiatx
Captain Denny's Retirement flight roll call. Please list your handle, cabin, and when you will be arriving in SEA, where we will arrange a dinner on 5/30.

Pat89339 - F - arriving 5/30
legalalien - F - arriving 5/31 (I can guest 2 into UC at either SEA or ORD)
Jubileesmom-F-arriving 5/30 ( I also can guest 2 into UC. )
Whiskarina - F - arriving 5/30
wxguy - F - arriving 5/30 via Capt Denny's second to last flight
FlyerBeek - F - arriving 5/29
JeepGuyDE - F - arriving 5/29 (need guesting into UC)
jmd001 - F - arriving 5/30 (would appreciate guesting into UC)
texasex95 - Y - arriving 5/31 (hopefully 5/30 if I can change my flight)
alanro - F - arriving 5/30 (I can also guest 2 into UC)
mendicantmonk - Y - arriving 5/30 (need guesting into UC)
SFO 1K - F - arriving 5/30 (I can guest 2 into UC)
wtigerFF - F - arriving 5/30 UA 635 (I can guest 2 into UC)
YRKInsider - F - arriving 5/30 UA 635 (can guest 2 into UC)
N1120A - F - Arriving 5/31 UA635 (Probably need guesting into UC)
CleUnited - Y - Arriving 5/30 (hopefully)
cawhite - F -arriving 5/30 UA635
paranoiatx - F - arriving 5/28 (can guest 2 into UC and/or 1 into CL)
Print Wikipost

UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
By completely random chance, I checked the final flight and it was Y1/YN1 tonight. Snagged the seat. I encourage folks who might want to go to keep their eyes on inventory and keep trying.
It's true again right now (Y1/YN1/B1). At least it was as of a few minutes ago...
Old May 17, 2016, 1:53 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Gate pass to greet Capt Denny at ORD

If you are in the Chicago area and would like to obtain a gate pass to greet Captain Denny when he arrives on his retirement flight, May 31st at 7:44pm, please send me a PM with your full name, nationality, gender and date of birth. This information will be provided to UA (without FT handle).

I will provide the information where to pick up your gate pass as soon as UA lets us know.
Old May 17, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by wtigerFF
It's true again right now (Y1/YN1/B1). At least it was as of a few minutes ago...
I've seen it as high as Y2!
Old May 17, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Sadly, I had to cancel on the second to last Captain Denny Flight. I was on the Monday ORD-SEA flight, but now I need to be home on that day. It looks like I won't get another chance sadly.
Old May 18, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Just want to give my message a bump to see if there is any interest. Thank you.
I'd be interested. I'm sure there are a few fellow NYers that will be happy to make the trip to Jersey.
Old May 18, 2016, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
FYI: the DEN event this weekend will be changed to the 15|Fifty Restaurant inside the Downtown Sheraton. I have them accommodating up to 15 people: http://www.sheratondenverdowntown.com/15FIFTY

PM me if you want in. Anyone is welcome!
Old May 19, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
Although we traded a few messages over the past couple years, I missed the opportunity to actually fly with Captain Denny. I'll wave from Minneapolis when you fly over me on your way to ORD!
Old May 21, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Final flight currently showing Y7 YN7 B7 M6 availability. All other buckets are zero.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: UA MP Gold, 1MM, Global Entry
I will be on 5/24 EWR-DEN flight with Captain Denny! Stayed a day longer in NY to get on this flight. UA was very kind to allow me to change my ticket outside the normal 24 hour window without a fee when I mentioned the reason for the flight change...
Old May 23, 2016, 10:39 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by azzurro
I will be on 5/24 EWR-DEN flight with Captain Denny! Stayed a day longer in NY to get on this flight. UA was very kind to allow me to change my ticket outside the normal 24 hour window without a fee when I mentioned the reason for the flight change...
Wow! That is a fantastic flyer friendly exception! Be sure you visit his sky office for a photo.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
For those not tracking the CommunityBuzz thread, I just wanted to mention that we still have space for 3 more at Capt Denny's retirement dinner in Seattle on Monday, May 30th!

-FlyerBeek
Old May 23, 2016, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Wow! That is a fantastic flyer friendly exception! Be sure you visit his sky office for a photo.
Exactly what I said - UA treats me very well in most situations. I truly felt appreciated in this case.

I will pop my head in and say Hi.
Old May 24, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
An F seat opened up on the final flight and I snagged it. Y has additional inventory (whole rows of E+ are now open):

Y9 YN9 B9 M9
Old May 24, 2016, 2:56 pm

Introduced myself to the Captain before boarding, alongside a fellow FTer. He soon excused himself to talk to some kids who would be onboard (offering wings and plane info), then came back over to me and talked of stories from this past weekend in Denver (which I missed as was in NY). The flight simulator for a special FTer sounded really cool.

After making his preboarding announcement to the boarding queues, he offered to cruise down the jetbridge with some young kids who were preboarding, so they could all pretend they were airplanes with arms outstretched. He came back and informed myself and other FTer oldest said No, that he had better things to do with his new videogame and wouldn't be playing airplane with him. LOL

In his office he was explaining to me how to turn on the engines and I am sure he would have spent more time satisfying my curiosity but I felt I should let him get some work done, so thanked him and enjoyed the rest of the flight. Wish the 752's had channel 9 though!

It was a pleasure to meet him and experience how he demonstrates his care for everyone in such a wonderful manner.

My best wishes to your future plans, Captain! Ciao.
Old May 24, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Wish I had seen this thread earlier, I would have gone.

I was lucky to have flown with Capt. Denny, last year, what a great memory

Good Luck and Have Fun in Retirement, Captain Denny^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.