Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2024, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

united.com/preordermeals
Fall 2022 -- Only rare occasion widebodies and still hit or miss on narrow bodies.

Originally Posted by bsb7140
Signature preorder is expanding starting May 1st.

SFO/LAX/IAD narrowbody flights +1500 miles and flights between hubs over 800 miles. ORD also has signature preorder on narrowbody flights over 1500 miles.
Anticipated 1 June enhancements - UA bringing back hot meals to domestic first class -- 800 mile threshold, preorder still narrowbody only

uncomfirmed but source of earlier changes
Originally Posted by bsb7140
Beginning August 1st pre-order will expand to ALL flights over 800 miles in the premium cabin (including widebody and Intl) excluding flights from Europe.

UA is offering pre-order first class meal selection for selected domestic departures.
You receive, 4-5 days in advance, an individualized link to a selection of meals (with a caution these are not guaranteed)
generic link -- https://united.com/preordermeals
You have up until 24 hours prior to the flight to make a selection.
Note if the FA does not look in the right place on their iPhone, they may not see the pre-selection.
You can change your mind on the plane and make a different selection
If you change flights, the request is canceled and not transferred to the new flight

Initially offered on select departure from LAX (in Aug 2019) and then IAD
Some x-DEN flights started to appear in Jan 2020

Sample email
Hi there,

We're happy to offer a variety of meals that you can preorder for flight UA XXXX on YYYY ZZZZ from AAA to BBB. Visit our meal selection page at united.com/preordermeals to choose your meal preference* from our menu of available options.

You can select your meal preference starting five days before your departure and up to 24 hours before your flight(s). If you don't want to choose a meal right now, you can let us know what you'd like to eat when you're on board.

Thank you for flying with us.

*After you select your entree, we'll do our best to reserve it for your flight(s). We try to serve you the meal you chose, but we can't guarantee it since availability of meal options may change. If you choose a meal and then decide that you'd like something different, we're happy to offer other meal options on board.

Print Wikipost

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
More - if I log into the full site on my computer, it shows me *both* meal options. The one that doesn’t show on the mobile version is labeled “out of stock - may still be available on flight”

so they aren’t using this to plan / adjust inventory
Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by cmculp
so they aren’t using this to plan / adjust inventory
"Yet"
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by Doppy
I don't know what they use onboard, but this is the sausage ingredient list from one of the main plant-based companies:

And here are the ingredients from a meat based one:
Mmm, salivary glands . . .
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Mmm, salivary glands . . .
Parts is parts.

David
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
I think United needs a reminder of the definition of choice, i.e., two or more options.. hehe..

Old Aug 19, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
More yet - despite only one of the choices being available to pre-order, the other(better) option was available on board. Until the guy in 4c ordered the last one. Pre-ordering should solve the back row of F problem…

perhaps eventually
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:44 pm

Preorder drinks and snacks for your flight - New?

I just got an email from United about preordering drinks and snacks for a flight on the 21st. I am also flying on the 18th but don't think I got an email for that flight. Is this something new? I flew two weeks ago and don't recall this option...

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 16, 2021 at 6:35 pm Reason: merged with exisring thread
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by daisyatl
I just got an email from United about preordering drinks and snacks for a flight on the 21st. I am also flying on the 18th but don't think I got an email for that flight. Is this something new? I flew two weeks ago and don't recall this option...
I think I have been getting this for the past month at least. Have yet to "preorder" anything.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420
I think I have been getting this for the past month at least. Have yet to "preorder" anything.
Interesting. I don't recall seeing this before. I just searched my emails. I didn't even get one for my flight this Saturday.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:10 pm

I got an email today for my flight on Tuesday from ORD-SFO. The following are the food options. I never buy food on board so don't know if these were always the options?

Pringles
Original potato crisps. Product is: Vegetarian, Vegan, Kosher
$4.00

Mega Omega Trail Mix
Walnuts, dried mango, almonds, cranberries, pumpkin seeds. Product is: Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Kosher
$5.00

Tru Fru Banana Bites
Hyper-dried bananas in dark chocolate. Product is: Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Kosher
$5.00

Chips and Salsa Box
Sweet potato tortilla chips with roasted pepper salsa. Product is: Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free
$5.00

Recline Snackbox
Pirate's Booty white cheddar puffs, honey mustard pretzels, gummi bears, OREO cookies. Allergens: Wheat, Milk, Soy
$8.00

Takeoff Snackbox
Salami, apricots, gouda cheese spread, white cheddar cheese spread, multigrain crackers, cream crackers, smoked almonds, Toblerone. Allergens: Wheat, Almonds, Milk, Soy, Eggs
$10.00

Tapas Snackbox UA-910
Out of stock
(May still be available on flight)

Classic Beef Butter Burger with Cheddar - Retail
Out of stock

Kindred Selection Cheese Tray - Retail
Out of stock

Mediterranean Grain Bowl - Retail
Out of stock
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daisyatl
I got an email today for my flight on Tuesday from ORD-SFO. The following are the food options. I never buy food on board so don't know if these were always the options?

Pringles
Original potato crisps. Product is: Vegetarian, Vegan, Kosher
$4.00

Mediterranean Grain Bowl - Retail
Out of stock
Yes, these are the standard snacks and snackboxes to purchase (Choice Menu for Inflight Meals & Snacking | United Airlines) as well as the current bistro on board options (Bistro on Board | United Airlines)

David

Last edited by DELee; Sep 17, 2021 at 1:10 am
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Does the BoB pre-order system recognize 1K status and not charge? Or if you want a free item, you need to wait until you're in flight?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Does the BoB pre-order system recognize 1K status and not charge? Or if you want a free item, you need to wait until you're in flight?
since it is pre-order, not pre-pay it should be good, right? But then again that is United IT we are talking about.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
How It Works
  • Five days prior to departure, customers will see an option in the Reservation Details section of the United app or on United.com to pre-order food and beverage items available for their specific flight. Customers will also receive an email notifying them when pre-order is available.
  • In economy cabins, customers can pre-order snacks and beverages from United's buy-on-board menu. They will be asked to enter their credit card information but will not be charged until the items are served to them onboard.
  • In premium cabins, customers can select their meal option directly from the United app or website. Once they make their selection, they will get a receipt emailed to them.
Either. No 1K/GS not-charge until item is provided.

David
Old Sep 17, 2021, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DELee
Either. No 1K/GS not-charge until item is provided.

David
The problem is I don't trust the FA to not process the charge right before handing me the item, then I need to file a refund claim, unless their POS system is setup not to process a charge for a 1K member. I've had to remind too many FA's about the rule while they stood there with their hand out for my credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.