Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA plus pts with 31 July 2022 expiry, extended to Jan 2023; Jan 2023 to July 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA plus pts with 31 July 2022 expiry, extended to Jan 2023; Jan 2023 to July 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy
I don't think we can surmise much about the future from the last three years. UA introduced PQPs just before Covid, and that made everything a mess, and continues to for different reasons.
I’m not. This has been a trend since long before COVID. It is clear that UA has adjusted their J/F price points to a place where they’re finding buyers.

The basic premise — that upgrades are scarce because there are “too many” Premier (or 1K) members — is flawed. Upgrades are scarce because UA is selling the seats.

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
I wonder if this means status will be extended to 7-31-2023 as well? Cause if someone is 1k now and has PPs which expire 7-31-2023 but doesn't requalify, does that mean they'll be Silver, Gold, whatever after 1-31-2023 but still have PPs?
Yes, they would be Silver, Gold, or whatever and still have PPs. There’s no particular contradiction there. You can already use PlusPoints to sponsor another person regardless of status, so there are already plenty of non-Plat/1K/GS passengers in the system with PlusPoints applied.

Being granted PlusPoints is a Plat/1K/GS benefit. Using them is not.
SPN Lifer, 1KChinito and js1993 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Did UA extend status the past few years? If not, there would be no reason to do so now.

The various PQP promos more than suffice.
In my case, they have!
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question for those of you who did not receive any new PlusPoints in 2020 or 2021: Did all of your 2019-earned PlusPoints carry over?

I earned 400 PlusPoints in 2019, but I started this year with 280 PlusPoints, and I’m confident I didn’t use 120 of them between January and March, 2020. I did, however, find PZ and book PZ space several times on tickets I’ve since refunded.

I didn’t worry about it at the time, since I wasn’t traveling anywhere, but now that I’ve used up all 280 in the past 2 1/2 months (thinking they were expiring at the end of this month), it occurs to me that if they were all supposed to carry over, I should try to get the others back. . However, since 280 is exactly equal to the 1K allotment (not counting the 40 you get at Plat), I figured I should check to see if they’d capped everybody who didn’t fly.

TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.