Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA plus pts with 31 July 2022 expiry, extended to Jan 2023; Jan 2023 to July 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA plus pts with 31 July 2022 expiry, extended to Jan 2023; Jan 2023 to July 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
With all of these PP floating around, don’t expect STW to be prevalent across the next 6 months.
I've flown UA pretty much non-stop over the past 4 years. I've never seen STW offered. Not even once.
Artpen100, mikeyf and 8MiHi like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
I've flown UA pretty much non-stop over the past 4 years. I've never seen STW offered. Not even once.

STW? Booking Class?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
STW? Booking Class?
STW is Skip the Waitlist for using Plus Points. According to United marketing, some flights allow you to use 2x the normal Plus Points to actually book an upgrade and 'skip the waitlist'.
SPN Lifer and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by ichigen
Just received email saying "Your PlusPoints have been extended";
points 7/31/22 and 1/31/23 have been extended six months
(i.e. new expiration dates are 1/31/23 and 7/31/21, respectively).
​​​​​​​I wasn’t expecting that to happen. I hope I can use them.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
They have existed. Mostly deep South American but were there last year for TATL for a couple of months, Never domestic

Skip the waitlist (STW) questions. TATL 15 June to 15 Sept 2021
jsloan and Roger Lococco like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 29, 2022 at 2:46 pm
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Terrible news IMO. I was hoping the severe oversupply would finally come to an end. Sigh ...
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Mixed feelings about this one (as others have already noted); happy because I might actually be able to use these but if you keep extending you're hurting those who have been flying and were looking forward to next calendar year when a lot of Plus Points would have expired. On a slightly separate note, is there a way to see if an upgrade using plus points is available while you're booking the ticket? Or do you have to wait until you've actually purchased it?

OPS
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Ugh, now I also need to see how I can revert back the 1/31/24 ones I already already used and swap them with the extended 7/31/23 ones. That will be fun
leoo likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mattya9
Mixed feelings about this one (as others have already noted); happy because I might actually be able to use these but if you keep extending you're hurting those who have been flying and were looking forward to next calendar year when a lot of Plus Points would have expired. On a slightly separate note, is there a way to see if an upgrade using plus points is available while you're booking the ticket? Or do you have to wait until you've actually purchased it?

OPS
Advance Search

SPN Lifer, 1KChinito and mattya9 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I used it twice last year both TATL to western europe. Near the end of last year, it was available on pretty much every flight I checked.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by eng3
I used it twice last year both TATL to western europe. Near the end of last year, it was available on pretty much every flight I checked.
Where does one look to see if STW is available? Can you check before buying?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K; BR Gold
Bad news and continued devaluation of 1K/GS benefits for those who have re-qualified in the last two years. At least Delta prioritizes earners over extensions, which would be a more equitable solution.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by SkiBikeBeer
Bad news and continued devaluation of 1K/GS benefits for those who have re-qualified in the last two years. At least Delta prioritizes earners over extensions, which would be a more equitable solution.
As both an earner and a burner, I’d really like it if earners were prioritized. I recently started using points on any flight I’ve taken, but with limited success.
Starbase 1K likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by limey1K
Where does one look to see if STW is available? Can you check before buying?
The answers are in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...questions.html , since this thread is about extending PlusPoints, let's take the STW discussion to that thread. Will fair warn you there are few STW options today, there were more in the past.
Roger Lococco, mikeyf and mattya9 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Mixed feelings about this:

- A few more months to try to use the PP I've applied at every opportunity and been unable to clear

vs

- More PP circulating to compete with (and lose to, as a lowly plat) into next year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.