Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus status extension into 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United MileagePlus status extension into 2023

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Anyone on here work for a company with a substantial corp contract and not get extended? It appears everyone on my team got extended with all of them only doing some leisure flying in 2021 - we have a large corp contract with UA and with very limited exceptions only fly UA/LH/NH - you simply cannot book another carrier unless those airlines don't fly to your destination.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by Doppy
Seems like United got it right, unless Delta was able to charge a massive premium by selling fewer seats. 20 months later, there are zero confirmed cases of inflight COVID transmission on US carriers as far as I'm aware.
If you genuinely think not a single case of COVID spread on a plane in the US, that is utterly delusional.
FLYMSY, Boraxo, seanp7 and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Seems like United got it right, unless Delta was able to charge a massive premium by selling fewer seats. 20 months later, there are zero confirmed cases of inflight COVID transmission on US carriers as far as I'm aware.
From a customer comfort standpoint, having an empty middle was a huge difference, and much appreciated. United got it right for the benefit of United.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
The US does a pretty poor job of tracking and doing contact tracing, so not surprised there are no "official" reports of COVID transmission inflight.

But countries that do a better job have documented instances. Our neighbor to the north seems to do a better job tracking this information.
FLYMSY likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
my wife got extended at gold w/ $6700 ... close enough I guess
cesco.g likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth
It wouldn't make any difference to the UG rate for GSs which, according to my corporate GS friends and those posting here on FT, is currently abysmal.
Abysmal, as in, not the 100% of the time they're used to?

(ducks to avoid flying shoe)

More seriously, my experience is that as a 1K, it has been easier than usual (I normally fly INTL), but UA has adjusted availability knobs so that it isn't a walk in the park to get a PP-supported upgrade. They still want to sell the seats up front, rather than giving them away, after all. A non-FT colleague who has similar travel patterns as mine, and is also an earned 1K, has died at #1 a couple of times in the last few months, which suggests all of the GSes are getting their upgrades on his flights. Maybe things are different domestically?
Boraxo likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by CJ99
Offered as a data point:

After several years without status, I qualified for 2021 Silver based on the lowered requirements last year. I currently have 3920 PQPs, earned mostly through CC spend, and only 2 segments (plus 2 PQFs through spend).

I was not extended.
Don't you need at least 4 UA Operated Flights to qualify for ANY Premier status ???
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gpicur
Don't you need at least 4 UA Operated Flights to qualify for ANY Premier status ???
Yes, but losing track of what happened when. UA waived these this year for foreign-based MP premiers for the (2021 flying year) (and for me, for some reason....even through I haven't been foreign-based for about 8 years - don't worry - I flew them anyway). Maybe they did that last year as well....can't remember. Also, those who still have the discontinued Presidential Platinum card are still exempt from the 4-segement requirement.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by sfsouthbay
I'm more curious as to which promos they'd add or PQPs they'd deposit into our accounts starting 1/1.
This. Trying to dope out first quarter travel for next year and this is in the consideration space.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:33 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by JNelson113
Interesting. If the GS members aren't getting the upgrades, who is? Paid upgrades or just outright FC purchases?
If I want to fly in F, I pay for F. I imagine that is what is happening in most cases where upgrades are minimal to non-existent..

Otherwise, F is strictly a bonus on my flight.

If Mrs. Radonc is flying with me (not commonly this year), I always buy F.

I will make my 1K with spend and segments. I actually have no idea how much UA put into the pot, but I appreciate whatever they did to get me back to 1K.
Boraxo and nnn like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Offered as a data point: My status was extended. I've been Plat for years but have always made it with a PQD waiver via credit card spend. 2019 travel was about 85 percent leisure international (Asia, Australia, Europe) on mostly cheap economy tickets. I'm not associated with any corporate contract or account. I also made 1MM in October of 2019 and have resigned myself to eventually only be Gold as I'll never hit to new (or newly reduced) requirements. I'm not mad at the extension though!
Boraxo likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
FWIW I'm a little disappointed by this. United had at least three really generous promotions. Some of us did use them to grind out a lot of flying. I have 54 PQF and over 13,000 PQP. So it's annoying that some people who couldn't or wouldn't travel are now going to be competing with me for upgrades.
Doppy, MBS MillionMiler and gmt4 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CMK10
FWIW I'm a little disappointed by this. United had at least three really generous promotions. Some of us did use them to grind out a lot of flying. I have 54 PQF and over 13,000 PQP. So it's annoying that some people who couldn't or wouldn't travel are now going to be competing with me for upgrades.
The upgrades as they used to be before UA realized they could better monetize the from cabin are a thing of the past. Even before PPs the game was over. It’s all about cash on the table on a given flight, not your 54 flights on UA. They will prioritize someone who buys up to F every time over your loyalty.
SPN Lifer, Boraxo and Dyce like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by robragland
I just got off the phone with 1K customer service asking about my status and progress to maintain into 2022.
The agent looked up my account and said they *just* extended my status to January 2023, even without the PQP or PQM being obtained per that last initiative!
And that it would be progressing through other accounts based on the new decision to extend.

I asked if that would be announced online or email, and she said it just happened so it should be emailed out or posted on United.com shortly (how shortly, who knows!)....

Anyone else heard anything or can confirm?
So, I already requalified for ‘22: Having 1k extended to 01/31/23 does not help me a whole lot it seems since I have to reqaulufy for ‘23 days n ‘22. Or am I missing something? I do like the 980 PP through 01/31/23 though.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by halls120
The upgrades as they used to be before UA realized they could better monetize the from cabin are a thing of the past. Even before PPs the game was over. It’s all about cash on the table on a given flight, not your 54 flights on UA. They will prioritize someone who buys up to F every time over your loyalty.
And, if you just give your business to whomever has the cheapest fare in F or J on any given day, you will never be disappointed by losing at UG Roulette.

I've been treated great by DL and AA as a no-status, cash, premium cabin customer.
---Come on in everybody, the water's fine!
Boraxo, Adelphos and FlyerDigits like this.

Last edited by zombietooth; Dec 6, 2021 at 12:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.