Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

United Airlines | MileagePlus

United MileagePlus status extension into 2023

Old Dec 3, 21, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

I just got off the phone with 1K customer service asking about my status and progress to maintain into 2022.
The agent looked up my account and said they *just* extended my status to January 2023, even without the PQP or PQM being obtained per that last initiative!
And that it would be progressing through other accounts based on the new decision to extend.

I asked if that would be announced online or email, and she said it just happened so it should be emailed out or posted on United.com shortly (how shortly, who knows!)....

Anyone else heard anything or can confirm?
CREN, alexzl and Spanish like this.
Old Dec 3, 21, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Same for me. Displaying 01/2023 date, despite not having requalified.

Other's are reporting toe same, although they thought it's related to the FttF promo

3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 3, 21, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by delpiero223 View Post

Other's are reporting toe same, although they thought it's related to the FttF promo
So it looks like UA's gifts are:

Non-Qualifiers:
1. Status extension till Jan '23
2. PP extension till Jul '22

Qualifiers:
1. PP extension till Jan '23

I wonder what else qualifiers get. There has to be more...
Old Dec 3, 21, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly View Post
I wonder what else qualifiers get. There has to be more...
So far this is correct. But haven't Qualifiers also received new PlusPoints while Non-Qualifieres haven't?

A huge incentive for 1K imo
Old Dec 3, 21, 8:46 pm

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus 1K, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Yes, completely agree!
Old Dec 3, 21, 9:04 pm

I wonder why UA isn't announcing these extensions publicly? PP yesterday, and status today.

But haven't Qualifiers also received new PlusPoints while Non-Qualifieres haven't?
Yes it's nice to get another 320 PP however what good are those if PZ = 0 especially for TPAC?
Johnson21710 and simonoaks like this.
Old Dec 3, 21, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Earned Plat in 2019. Didn't fly again until this summer thanks to all meetings and any personal trips getting cancelled. Between Fly to the Finish and actual earnings, I was going to make Gold this year for 2022. Today, I see the follwing:
  • "You've already reached Premier Platinum status for 2021. See how your future flights can help you reach the next status level." on the Premier Status tracker
  • 40 PlusPoints now expiring 7/31/2022 instead of the end of January of 2022 which they were to expire (extended twice before, from 1/31/21 to summer to 1/31/22).
I would not be able to use the PlusPoints if Gold, so the expiration date on them and the sentence about Platinum (and the box checked on the meter graphic, even though neither set of criteria has been met) is strange. Are they actually extending status? If so, for all? Interesting.
Old Dec 3, 21, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kevflyer View Post
I wonder why UA isn't announcing these extensions publicly? PP yesterday, and status today.
?
United only announces bad news on Friday. So, wait until next Monday for good news. 😄
Old Dec 3, 21, 9:40 pm

I’m close to requalfying but looks like I got a status extension to 2023.
Old Dec 3, 21, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
So basically UA is telling its 1K fliers, there was no need for you to have paid for higher fares the last few months, to requalify under the Fly to the Finish promotion, were going to extend everyones 1K status and PPs.

Originally Posted by kevflyer View Post
Yes it's nice to get another 320 PP however what good are those if PZ = 0 especially for TPAC?
A good point, however I am actually finding lots of PZ space on the route I fly, SFO-NRT, every day. But with reduced flying, I have hundreds of PP in the bank. 😳
djmp, 4BandE, timetosave and 7 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 21, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO View Post
So basically UA is telling its 1K fliers, there was no need for you to have paid for higher fares the last few months, to requalify under the Fly to the Finish promotion, were going to extend everyones 1K status and PPs.
Yup kinda mad but I wouldn't have earned more PPs if I didn't fly.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Dec 3, 21, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA

3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level
Card in app shows 1/23 expiration. I didnt make FttF. Would make Plat with BoB. Extended PPs to 7/22. No PPs(yet) for plat qualification. Yet.
Old Dec 3, 21, 10:41 pm

Im a Plat that hasnt requalified and Im still showing 01/2022 as the downgrade date. Anyone else?
Old Dec 3, 21, 10:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
My card also says 1/23. But I DID meet the FttF yet no extra PPs and my current ones expire 7/22

Before mass extensions how about finish the FttF and BoB accounting, UA?
seabrookflyer and CruiserCLE like this.
Old Dec 3, 21, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO View Post
I realized this a while ago and stopped wasting money on United when theyre just going to keep giving exemptions to people. Hit 1K reduced qualifications and completely stopped flying United whereas in the past I would have kept flying out of loyalty. Hopefully Uniteds gamble is worth it.

Search this Thread