Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus status extension into 2023

United MileagePlus status extension into 2023

Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I'm really quite surprised, I guess they didn't get the numbers they were looking for. I requalified via the fall promo but can see my 2022 expiring Plus Points have been extended. I think these are my PP from 2019 qualification plus my new ones from this year.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I requalified for 1K long ago. Had about 320 PP expiring in July, then another 300 expiring in Jan 23. Only the ones expiring in July got extended so this is pretty worthless to me. The amount of flying I'd have to do to use up all the PP is still the same for the year. If I plan to use them all up, I'll probably try to do it evenly. It's not like now, I'll wait til the end of 2022 to use them. Actually, it's a bit of a slap in the face as now with more 1K's who didn't even fly it'll be even harder to clear (assuming they plan to fly next year). If they extended all by 6mo, I would have been happy.

Did they extend everyone's status (Silver, Gold, Plat) or just 1K?

Last edited by eng3; Dec 4, 2021 at 4:43 am
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
There has to be something more for qualifiers, right? I went out of my way to do the promo, and now I find out I would have kept 1K anyways? Sure the PP are nice, and we’re definitely the main factor, but not the only one. I would hope they give the promo finishers something more.
chavala, CREN and Marschel like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by slice
Im a Plat that hasnt requalified and Im still showing 01/2022 as the downgrade date. Anyone else?
Try logging out and back in again to see if anything changes.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
There has to be something more for qualifiers, right? I went out of my way to do the promo, and now I find out I would have kept 1K anyways? Sure the PP are nice, and were definitely the main factor, but not the only one. I would hope they give the promo finishers something more.
I highly doubt that.

Loyalty programs have shown than they rather dilute the pool and enticing those existing non qualified status by extending their status with almost no downside. Maybe they hope to get their future business if they return to the air next year. Who knows.

They are also using these programs to drive a bit of revenue for those who are flying in the meantime via these promos so kinda sneaky and brilliant at the same time.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:49 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
There has to be something more for qualifiers, right? I went out of my way to do the promo, and now I find out I would have kept 1K anyways? Sure the PP are nice, and were definitely the main factor, but not the only one. I would hope they give the promo finishers something more.
$3000 PQP earned 280 PPs. United is way ahead with the dilution of PP (more PP in circulation). United just laughs at you to the bank. That is why there are unhappy FTers.
Repooc17 and WasKnown like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:56 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Loyalty is for suckers.
J_Stroming and Repooc17 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by robragland
I just got off the phone with 1K customer service asking about my status and progress to maintain into 2022.
The agent looked up my account and said they *just* extended my status to January 2023, even without the PQP or PQM being obtained per that last initiative!
And that it would be progressing through other accounts based on the new decision to extend.

I asked if that would be announced online or email, and she said it just happened so it should be emailed out or posted on United.com shortly (how shortly, who knows!)....

Anyone else heard anything or can confirm?
Your first post since 2011 and only second since joining in 2005. Hello!
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Spanish
Your first post since 2011 and only second since joining in 2005. Hello!
If they keep posting good news like that then I am fine with that ! Let's face it there's people on FT close to 60/70/80/90/100K posts who have never said anything remotely as interesting as the OP !
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Oh super. Right after "Fly to the Finish" -- just as some predicted...
djmp, CREN and Sudkali like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:45 am

They will probably give another head start next year but base it on PQPs earned in 2021.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: MileagePlus
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS preboarding to stay away from the gate lice yessssss

I consider this a public health concern. And now I will be moving my December mileage runs into January!
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
There has to be something more for qualifiers, right?

There will be. Wait for the formal announcement. My guess is 'qualifiers' will get XX% of 2021 PQPs credited to 2022 qualification!
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Kmxu
United just laughs at you to the bank.
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Loyalty is for suckers.
I wish I could endorse these statements more than just liking the post.

Hook, line, sinker.
SPN Lifer and Silver Fox like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Still hasnt updated on my account. There was mandatory govt quarantine for 2 weeks over here until May that essentially killed most travel, including business. But I still think United was generous to do an outright extension given the requirement reduction and the multiple PQP promos.

Definitely not complaining though, only did 1000 PQPs and 10 PQF w/o bonus. Barely qualified for Gold even after maxing out the Welcome Back, Corporate Starter, and Breakout Bonus promos, now I get a free upgrade back to Platinum!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.