Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus status extension into 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United MileagePlus status extension into 2023

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:06 pm

Gold and extended. Was 1500 PQP and 8 flights short of requalifying.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by greg99
Why does there have to be something? What is the upside for UA of giving you something? What is the downside to UA if they don’t?

“Fairness” isn’t a thing.
Downside would be the next time they have a similar FTTF program, no one bites having been burned once. No one will choose to purchase the more expensive flight or book first class to make the FTTF qualification. Means more FC seats that don't get purchased and they have to give it away to 1K's who haven't flown in 2+ years vs selling it.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by WasKnown
I wonder how many people spent extra money to re-qualify with FTF. Hard lesson to learn but better late than never:

These companies aren’t loyal to you. Why be loyal to them?

[/color]
This is especially true for Silvers, Golds and Plats.
1Ks at least got a good chunk of PPs upon requalification. Those <1K who spent extra to re-qualify ended up being complete suckers.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by ALGU
Still hasn’t updated on my account. There was mandatory gov’t quarantine for 2 weeks over here until May that essentially killed most travel, including business. But I still think United was generous to do an outright extension given the requirement reduction and the multiple PQP promos.

Definitely not complaining though, only did 1000 PQPs and 10 PQF w/o bonus. Barely qualified for Gold even after maxing out the Welcome Back, Corporate Starter, and Breakout Bonus promos, now I get a free upgrade back to Platinum!
Looks like I might not be extended after all if it’s only select members. Not too upset though, since Platinum to Gold isn’t much of a downgrade. But Mrs. ALGU did get her Silver extended. We’re both GUM based so the selection criteria isn’t location based. I guess it’s a good thing I made an effort for some flying otherwise would be going back to Silver too.

Differences:
I made Gold with Welcome Back, Breakout Bonus, and Corporate Starter promos. Not even silver otherwise. vs. Mrs. ALGU did some flying but still not enough to requalify for Silver with bonuses.
Mrs. ALGU didn’t qualify for corporate starter
Mrs. ALGU has more UA CC activity.
Both have Chase UA CCs. Mrs. ALGU also has local UA CC.
For 2019, Mrs. made Silver organically, I made Plat with status challenge completion.
Mrs. ALGU has never been targeted for MilePlay lol.

Last edited by ALGU; Dec 4, 2021 at 1:42 pm
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Seems TPG got more inside info from United including reduced qualifications for next year as well.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...e-status-2022/

I forgot about Delta's elite light status extension. If nothing else, maybe a "mark of shame" on the boarding pass a la basic economy used to (Bright Orange in App) have for the people who earned their status by putting down cash. That way we can sneer at all the ones who did not earn it.

Last edited by seat38a; Dec 4, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:48 pm

Not only did I not get extended, my pluspoint apparently expired several years before I was born!

Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nycflyer222
To avoid any confusion here, not all 2019 1K’s are getting status extensions. I had the below for 2021 as of 12/4/2021 and was told I will have Platinum for 2022 over the phone today. I will not be spending ~$3K in December.

Apparently UA is superior to AA and DL and doesn’t want my money. What a shame.

Does the 12,210 include Breakout Bonus? If you flew three trips Aug 6-Nov30 you would get 2250 PQP. Then it becomes interesting…
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
Yeah, me too. And told an arbitrary "selective "extension would be unfair. Well, seems like lots of people here have had just that, and extension without meeting the actual several convoluted promotions.
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WasKnown
My mom, who has flown United twice this year and 0 times in 2020, got the 1K status extension and the pluspoints extension.

Lolz, I sincerely feel for the people that put in $3K for FTF.
Still get 240-280 PP and 35,000 RDM. Of course the PPs need to clear, but if they do it’s well worth it for me. I spent $600-$700 extra to meet FTTF as I had travel to take regardless.

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by GlobalServiced
There has to be something for people who hit 1K organically this year. I feel like there has to be something to separate the people that had BIS to make it happen this year. Even if it’s a reduced qualification for 2022, there needs to be something.
Don't bet on it. I comfortably re-qualified for 1K without the FTTF promo. It's been apparent for 25 years that United's promos are carefully designed to minimize gains to me personally. Ergo, no benefits. And next year, when everyone flies enough, but I don't, there'll be no generous extension for me. That's just how it goes!
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:10 pm
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
With multiple confirmations that this status extension is targeted, I would suggest that the thread title be updated with "(targeted)".
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Does the 12,210 include Breakout Bonus? If you flew three trips Aug 6-Nov30 you would get 2250 PQP. Then it becomes interesting…
Yes, I believe it’s all-in.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott AMB, Hyatt Globalist
From TPG reporting:
United confirms that it is extending Premier Status to Jan. 31, 2023, for “select members who were not able to engage with United at their accustomed level due to the pandemic restrictions.” Some examples given were related to closed borders and company travel restrictions.
Most of my travel pre-pandemic was US West Coast to Asia in J, and my status was extended. I wonder if those in this thread who had status extended had similar travel patterns - intl in J, esp to Asia based countries who have imposed much stricter restrictions (2-3 week quarantines, suspension of visas for foreigners etc..)
greg99 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
1K since 2006, last qualification was 2019 for 2020.

Won't hit 1K qualification spend this year. Have 10800 PQP for the year.

1K status is not extended to 1/2023, because I am a GS companion.

PP extended to 7/2022

Last edited by kb1992; Dec 4, 2021 at 3:39 pm Reason: error with dates, drinking too much
Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by kb1992
1K since 2006, last qualification was 2019 for 2020.

Won't hit 1K qualification spend this year. Have 10800 PQP for the year.

1K status is not extended to 1/2023, because I am a GS companion.

PP extended to 7/2023
(bolding mine)

Uh, you're the first who's posted a 7/2023 expiration date for PPs. Are you sure it is 2023?

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.