Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Economy to Hawaii to launch in May 2021 - PlusPoints Now Required to Upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Economy to Hawaii to launch in May 2021 - PlusPoints Now Required to Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2021, 8:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Boringbarry
in the event the flight gets rerouted, would they also try to get lie flat on the new route, ...
UA is generally very flexible and would allow you to chose a routing -- so if a lie flat alternative exists and space exists, then request that.

Originally Posted by Boringbarry
and if not, guessing i wouldn't get a refund?
If the best rerouting resulted in a arrival or departure change of 2 hours, you would be eligible for a cash refund. While not guaranteed, adding a stop would likely meet that criteria
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA GS
Mama's Fish House booked for the next 4 months. Planes still showing seat availability from LAX/SFO. Fortunately I don't need a rental car......rates are through the roof. A lot of cars were shipped back to the mainland during the pandemic. As an aside, 15,000 batteries were shipped over here to replace the ones that failed while rental cars were sidelined.
cesco.g and onthesam like this.

Last edited by LAXOGG; Mar 30, 2021 at 2:10 am Reason: Further info
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Mama's Fish House booked for the next 4 months.
Recommend opentable reminder for last minute cancellations (though you probably know this).
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
Wow, DEN-LIH getting 767 service. That's super exciting!!
cesco.g and EWR764 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
If I booked premium economy EWR to OGG in June and UA drops the route... since no other PE alternative out of EWR would exist what would happen? Refund possible? Place you in coach? Put you in First?

since UA specifically announced this route (it is new) would that make it more likely to fly (as opposed to other place holder flights on existing routes)?

if I pay to go Polaris and the flight is canceled... would this entitle me to a full cash refund?
Old Apr 3, 2021, 8:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by schriste
If I booked premium economy EWR to OGG in June and UA drops the route... since no other PE alternative out of EWR would exist what would happen? Refund possible? Place you in coach? Put you in First? ...
If PremiumPlus is dropped, you would be reseated in economy and would be egilbe for a partial fare refund.. You probably should be able to get a full refund due to cabin change

since UA specifically announced this route (it is new) would that make it more likely to fly (as opposed to other place holder flights on existing routes)? ..
Flights that occur in May under present conditions are likely to occur in June BUT assumes no negative changes in conditions

if I pay to go Polaris and the flight is canceled... would this entitle me to a full cash refund?
If the flight is cancelled and can not be rescheduled with 2 hours of original arrival or departure is eligible for refund. A change in seat type should also trigger a refund. (but if the older lie flats return that isn't consider a change of seat type)
Old Apr 13, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
IAH-HNL is now a PremiumPlus route, so no longer complimentary PP access for elites

Travel to Hawaii IAH-HNL. I thought as a GS I'd be able to select a premium plus seat. UA is not selling the seats except when buying with miles. What's the story here?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Travel to Hawaii IAH-HNL. I thought as a GS I'd be able to select a premium plus seat. UA is not selling the seats except when buying with miles. What's the story here?
Starting in June, United is selling those seats as premium economy - prior to that, you can select the seat as a regular Economy Plus seat.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Travel to Hawaii IAH-HNL. I thought as a GS I'd be able to select a premium plus seat.
IAH-HNL is now a Premium Plus route. No complimentary upgrades.

UA is not selling the seats except when buying with miles. What's the story here?
I did a sample search for a Saturday in June, and they were perfectly willing to sell me a seat.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Burn through your Plus Points? :-)
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Burn through your Plus Points? :-)
exactly! This is just as they announced it ,,, no surprise here. Will be interesting how PP sells to HI
IAH-OIL-TRASH and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cfischer
exactly! This is just as they announced it ,,, no surprise here. Will be interesting how PP sells to HI
Westbound, I'm perfectly happy in a PP seat if the price differential to F is a couple of hundred more.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Westbound, I'm perfectly happy in a PP seat if the price differential to F is a couple of hundred more.
agreed, the red-eye in Y or Y+ is dreadful.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
This affected my KOA - ORD flight in June also.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA HA AS
Looking at HNL-ORD in December and its back to the P&W 777 domestic seating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.