Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Economy to Hawaii to launch in May 2021 - PlusPoints Now Required to Upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Economy to Hawaii to launch in May 2021 - PlusPoints Now Required to Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by waddy
Looking at HNL-ORD in December and its back to the P&W 777 domestic seating.
TBH, flights out that far haven't yet changed.

David
rmadisonwi likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
exactly! This is just as they announced it ,,, no surprise here. Will be interesting how PP sells to HI
FWIW, AA has been selling PP tickets to HI for some time now.
PACLipper likes this.
Old May 2, 2021, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
My OGG-SFO 753 just got swapped to a high-J 763 May 19 and I'm now in a PE seat. Was able to change to another PE seat (window to middle aisle) w/o instigating a charge. So I guess either 1) PE isn't being marketed yet or 2) PE is only charged on non-CPU routes?

CPU to F looks like a cinch either way. Just curious...

Edit - I just looked at OGG-DEN same date - PE is being sold as separate class, but OGG-SFO is not, so must be the non-CPU routes..

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; May 2, 2021 at 10:40 am
Old May 2, 2021, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
My OGG-SFO 753 just got swapped to a high-J 763 May 19 and I'm now in a PE seat. Was able to change to another PE seat (window to middle aisle) w/o instigating a charge. So I guess either 1) PE isn't being marketed yet or 2) PE is only charged on non-CPU routes?

CPU to F looks like a cinch either way. Just curious...

Edit - I just looked at OGG-DEN same date - PE is being sold as separate class, but OGG-SFO is not, so must be the non-CPU routes..
The UA announcement does not mention PE flights from West Coast, albeit some planes do come in PE configuration. More of them showing up recently due to PW engine grounding.
Old May 2, 2021, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cesco.g
The UA announcement does not mention PE flights from West Coast, albeit some planes do come in PE configuration. More of them showing up recently due to PW engine grounding.
Yeah - just found the part about PE to Hawaii. PE will be marketed just on the non-CPU routes.
Old May 2, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, B6, WN
Any sense of how long PE aircraft will remain on Hawaii routes? Looking to book flights to OGG in November in J cabin with hopes for a polarized seat. Would be nice to know what to expect, but obviously a lot depends on Hawaii premium cabin demand and international demand.
Old May 6, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I just bit the bullet on a trip home for my mother's birthday next month. The leg from DEN-HNL is a 777-200 so I went ahead and paid the differential to fly in PE instead of E+ just because I'm curious about the difference in flight experience and it was less than $300 more for PE. Am currently booked in seat 21K because I like having underseat storage in front of me but am wondering if I should have grabbed 20K. Any feedback? At the moment, 20K/L-22K/L are all open (as is most of the PE cabin).
Old May 6, 2021, 4:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
... Am currently booked in seat 21K because I like having underseat storage in front of me ....
With the foot rest, the utility of that space is less useful, Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old May 6, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
With the foot rest, the utility of that space is less useful, Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Thanks, I'd forgotten about that thread. Having said that, one doesn't have to use the footrest (I rarely did when there was one) and I see row 20 does in fact have a full bulkhead in front of it so I guess I'll stick with row 21. For a long haul like that, I'd rather have access to my laptop or iPad immediately on take-off than have to wait to get into the overhead.
Old May 6, 2021, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I'm good with this option as long as it does NOT come to SFO! I am perfectly content with the current complimentary E+ seat options.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:12 am

Flying EWR > OGG today in PE with my wife and I’m very excited! I saved up miles from many work trips over the years to treat us for this flight, so I’m planning to enjoy every bit of the 11 hours. I’ll try to remember to post a review.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by NJDevils26
Flying EWR > OGG today in PE with my wife and I’m very excited! I saved up miles from many work trips over the years to treat us for this flight, so I’m planning to enjoy every bit of the 11 hours. I’ll try to remember to post a review.
How was P+? Are they actually serving alcoholic drinks and food?
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by NJDevils26
NB for anyone in PE on EWR-OGG, from time to time flights have been operating with a non-PE, 30J 767-300ER. Still with Polaris seats, but always check your reservations and seat assignments, especially close to date of travel.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by EWR764
NB for anyone in PE on EWR-OGG, from time to time flights have been operating with a non-PE, 30J 767-300ER. Still with Polaris seats, but always check your reservations and seat assignments, especially close to date of travel.
Are Polaris seats better/worse if no PE? I booked some Polaris seats some time ago and was told it was speculative at the time. Wondering what I should look for to see if the Polaris seats should be good or not.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Boringbarry
Are Polaris seats better/worse if no PE? I booked some Polaris seats some time ago and was told it was speculative at the time. Wondering what I should look for to see if the Polaris seats should be good or not.
If a Polaris-configured plane, they are exactly the same. There are two non-Polaris 763s, plus four (and counting) 764s in circulation right now. These would be the previous-generation Diamond (CO BF) seat in a 2-1-2 configuration... another reason that paying attention to your flights/seat assignments as departure nears is a wise strategy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.