Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fly747first
Hilarious! You brought your own glassware. What did the crew say?
Yesterday's FA didn't say anything but tonight's FA thought it was great, especially that I had my own limes after he had apologized that UA wasn't catering limes anymore.

Originally Posted by Dyce
Not my post, but I bring my own glassware (it's a glass coffee mug) and it doesn't seem to get a crew reaction anymore... they bring me plastic cups of ice for 'refills' but as all the drinks are mix your own at the seat these days, it doesn't make a difference to their service. The advantage is it's a little bigger than the plastic cups which i find are slightly too small to fit ice, a 2oz bottle of gin, and then enough tonic to balance the gin. Call me a lightweight, but for my preference the proportions are just right
Exactly.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Hello,

I'm planning to fly CUN to SFO in Business, first timer on United, due to fly in September. It's a morning service, leaving at 7.55 a.m., flight time is 5 1/2 hours.

Can someone please put my mind at rest that I'll get more than a snack box?

Thanks so much!
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer
Hello,

I'm planning to fly CUN to SFO in Business, first timer on United, due to fly in September. It's a morning service, leaving at 7.55 a.m., flight time is 5 1/2 hours.

Can someone please put my mind at rest that I'll get more than a snack box?

Thanks so much!
You will get a meal since CUN-SFO is more than 1,500 miles. Currently a plain omelet with ham on the side or pancakes with a side of fruit and packaged muffin.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
You will get a meal since CUN-SFO is more than 1,500 miles. Currently a plain omelet with ham on the side or pancakes with a side of fruit and packaged muffin.
That's actually pretty decent. Thanks!
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
LAS-ORD, July 27, 11:55 pm departure, 737-900, seat 4B

Offered the choice of the chicken or enchilada. Meal was ok, wine was meh. Pie in the Sky was not heated, but still good. IIRC the last time I flew this redeye pre-pandemic it had been reduced to a snack basket, so the meal was a nice surprise.

Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by paule123
Offered choice of waffle or scrambled egg/chorizo. Tasted better than it looks. Some black beans and potatoes are mixed in there. Wished they had some hot sauce. Greek yogurt peach parfait was delicious - tasted like dessert. Great crew, took F meal orders while taxiing out at ORD, in what seemed to be priority order not simply front to back. Are limes still on hiatus?

While it doesn't necessarily photograph great I have to say the scrambled egg and plant-based chorizo is maybe the most palatable breakfast item I've been served domestically by United in many years. I found their old food items to either be inedible, incredibly unhealthy, or both (or an individual package of cereal...). Glad to see they can execute something decent this year.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.

Offered the choice of the chicken or enchilada. Meal was ok, wine was meh. Pie in the Sky was not heated, but still good. IIRC the last time I flew this redeye pre-pandemic it had been reduced to a snack basket, so the meal was a nice surprise.

I flew LAX - ORD on a red eye in June and had the identical meal. It was a pleasant surprise too. Pre-pandemic, it was typically either a fruit and cheese plate or a hot sandwich like a calzone. Kudos to UA for the recent improvements in food services (at least in some routes, and in some cabins). I am quite satisfied in domestic F and PP. I will be taking my first "pandemic" TATL in a few weeks. I'll see how things are and will report back.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Thanks very much for your reply, that's a relief!
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite

Hmm, we flew the LAS-IAH red eye (12:50am) on the 25th and got nothing like this in F, only the chicken something sandwiches and snack boxes which we declined. Am I missing something? Or was it the fact that we left 50 minutes past midnight, not before midnight?
Also, the boarding process for this flight was an interesting one, which is better left for another topic on this board...
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by VRFast
Hmm, we flew the LAS-IAH red eye (12:50am) on the 25th and got nothing like this in F, only the chicken something sandwiches and snack boxes which we declined. Am I missing something? Or was it the fact that we left 50 minutes past midnight, not before midnight?
LAS-IAH is less than 1,500 miles, so no real/fresh food.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by rch4u
LAS-IAH is less than 1,500 miles, so no real/fresh food.
Thanks. Looks like LAS-ORD is just above 1500, and IAH is 1200 ish, so that explains it. For some reason I though they were the same.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by VRFast
Thanks. Looks like LAS-ORD is just above 1500, and IAH is 1200 ish, so that explains it. For some reason I though they were the same.
It just feels that way.

David
Old Jul 29, 2021, 1:31 pm

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
I was on a severely delayed UA1990 LAX-EWR recently. Should be a breakfast flight but after a 7 hour delay it turned into a lunch/dinner flight. So they kept everything the same but swapped out the main entrees:

Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by autobahnal
I was on a severely delayed UA1990 LAX-EWR recently. Should be a breakfast flight but after a 7 hour delay it turned into a lunch/dinner flight. So they kept everything the same but swapped out the main entrees:
7 hours? Yikes.
And after all that, no Pie in the Sky.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:11 pm

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by SFO777
7 hours? Yikes.
And after all that, no Pie in the Sky.
As weird as it sounds, the delay worked in my favor. I was supposed to be on a later flight but because this one was so delayed it had open seats and I was able to switch onto it. Ultimately got home earlier than expected.

No "Pie in the Sky" but a fantastic and very apologetic crew, and an ETC in my inbox prior to take-off (it was a maintenance delay).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.