Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Aug 6, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by autobahnal
I thought UA typically does different menus eastbound and westbound, yet I had the same breakfast options in both directions earlier this week...egg white bites or french toast.
Noticed same with dinner options both directions recently. Either chicken or ravioli.
autobahnal likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
On 8/5 SEA-ORD it was the chicken orzo or vegetable enchilada. They're both decent options, aside from the "salad" that is on the side, but it is time to refresh the options. That rotation needs to be at like 2-3 weeks tops. Would have loved the ravioli. I think that was offered in spring. We'll see what ORD-SEA offers for breakfast Sunday morning.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by autobahnal
I thought UA typically does different menus eastbound and westbound, yet I had the same breakfast options in both directions earlier this week...egg white bites or french toast.
More ridiculously cheap/meager portioning - 1 fingerling potato sliced in half and 1/8 of a tomato.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
AUS-SFO is 1,504 miles per Great Circle Mapper, but my flight today had "snack" listed and my choices were, in fact, a sandwich or a snackbox. I got the mozzarella/sun-dried tomato/basil/more cheese, which made me think of a pizza with the crust:toppings ratio out of whack.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by fumje
The Upstate yoghurt has more added sugar than Chobani does.
Wow.....that's just something thanks for the info.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
LGA-IAH 7 Aug 1245 pm E175 seat 1A

As previewed above, cold sandwich (only choice was vegetarian) or snack boxes. Y was warned of limited offerings due to catering issues in Houston.

Luckily, had a few bites at the Centurion Lounge beforehand.

Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by st530
As previewed above, cold sandwich (only choice was vegetarian) or snack boxes. Y was warned of limited offerings due to catering issues in Houston.

Luckily, had a few bites at the Centurion Lounge beforehand.

Those sandwiches are wrapped very very similar to Starbucks sandwiches
Old Aug 8, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by econ
I thought the chicken with polenta & broccoli also wasnt bad. I remember a similar dish on a p.s. flight several years ago that was especially bad, so figured Id give it another try again since I wasnt all that hungry. Ended up finishing it all. Went well with the mushroom sauce.
Had this same dish LAX-EWR the other day. The morel mushroom sauce is really good!
SPN Lifer and autobahnal like this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
IAH-MIA 11 Aug 935 am A319 seat 1B

Hot ham and egg sandwich (not actually hot because in between oven and service, captain made FAs take jump seats), cold cheese sandwich, or snack box. Hard to see ham in first photo so I opened it up for photo 2. No nutrition info but Im guessing 500-550 calories. Only had a couple of bites.

Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
The Upstate yoghurt has more added sugar than Chobani does.
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Wow.....that's just something thanks for the info.
Never cared for that Upstate product, which tastes artificial. Chobani is ok, albeit none of the two compares to higher-end yogurts.
Not to mention the ones from / out of EU, such as Emmi of Switzerland - used to be on UA out of HKG IIRC.
flyingrohit likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: None yet
EWR-SFO 787-10 lunch

Choice between "chicken" and "pasta". "Chicken" was shown below. The nuts are ice-cold for unknown reasons. Mango sorbet as dessert (not shown).

dilanesp likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DCA writer
AUS-SFO is 1,504 miles per Great Circle Mapper, but my flight today had "snack" listed and my choices were, in fact, a sandwich or a snackbox. I got the mozzarella/sun-dried tomato/basil/more cheese, which made me think of a pizza with the crust:toppings ratio out of whack.
I think the internal UA database, which is what they go by to determine meal service, has the route at just under 1,500 miles. It's not unusual for there to be a slight discrepancy between the internal database and Great Circle Mapper.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:05 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Chobani...sounds like a naughty word... ;-)

Today MXP-EWR had ravioli, chicken something, or beef spare rib meat. Did Ravioli with family doing meat. Was edible...the pre landing snack burger Wellington was...vile.

EWR-IAH had chicken and orzo or veggie enchilada chicken was...yeah. Enchilada was edible. YMMV
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
SFO-JFK 5 Aug 1:30 pm 767-300 seat 3L

Chicken or ravioli. The chicken was inedible, but the polenta was nice with the mushroom sauce. I also enjoyed the overcooked broccolini. Ice cream was offered mid-fight but I declined. The snack basket was passed around an hour or so prior to landing. No real service to speak of, other than a few grunts and a dirty look when I asked for a second bourbon!
Attached Images   

Last edited by sonomawine; Aug 11, 2021 at 6:16 pm
Old Aug 11, 2021, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
SXM-EWR (full lunch):

No menu, choice of chicken w sliced potatoes (maybe fingerling potatoes...they were mushy in all the sauce) in a brown maybe madiera like sauce or some sort of hot pasta (I think chicken pesto). So choice of chicken or chicken.

We both had the chix. Very BLAND.

The rolls were in a sealed plastic bag, very mushy and boring.

The desert was choc chip cookie, also in a single served package -- nothing special.

Did someone say there is a new United trying to serve good food? There is ZERO culinary effort here to serve anything good or distinctive. No competitive juice to be better than bland.

The chicken was blah, but to to serve a good roll and a great cookie...really? How hard is that to source?

The red wine was also in a mini bottle and blah.

Service was excellent by the first class FA.

Flight mis-connected and we had to overnight. Phone call to UA from SXM and they refused to book hotel, said only option was to arrive late then wait in line at Newark for hotel vouchers, etc.

Really stupid policy when they could have addressed and resolved the issue way downline...so I booked myself at the Newark Marriott and submitted expenses. Still waiting for reimbursement.

Also, UA had no one w any authority in SXM and they just said call UA. That resulted in a 4 hour hold...go figure.

Last edited by nologic; Aug 11, 2021 at 7:14 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.