Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by seanp7
Presentation aside, some of these meals / photos are looking better and better. (am I being too optimistic? Will we be stuck with nuts in a plastic ketchup thingy forever?!)
The technical term for those cups are souffle cups, not to be confused with delicious dessert of the same name (with an accent on the e).

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Today SJD-IAH, choice of “protein sandwich or vegetarian sandwich”. FA unable to provide any further detail whatsoever.
Mystery meat! How exciting.
SPN Lifer and ExplorerWannabe like this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Today SJD-IAH, choice of “protein sandwich or vegetarian sandwich”. FA unable to provide any further detail whatsoever.
Originally Posted by PTahCha

Mystery meat! How exciting.
Ended up being Mexican versions of the cheese bombs—ham & pesto, cheese & tomato. Super hot from the oven, with molten cheese in the veggie one. Still, they were a change and not at all bad! Will try to add pics later.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
DEN-PIT this morning
Mainline A320
10:42am-3:30pm

Back to usual blue and green label "sandwich" garbage or tapas box. Apparently I need to connect in ORD for a real meal. Fortunately, I had breakfast in the CL.
And today I remembered to bring my domestic First DIY kit, tumbler and limes.

Old Jul 26, 2021, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by JAXPax
I had a Skywest flight attendant on IAH-DFW last week who brought her own True Lime packets and served them with drinks.
ha, I gave some packets of True Lime to the Mesa flight attendants on a CMH-IAH flight a couple of weeks back… they were curious to say the least… and said they’re noticing more & more passengers using them! I have True Lemon packets too to keep Mrs Dyce happy…
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'm already over the chicken and orzo and cheese enchiladas, They're alright for plane food (actually the enchiladas were pretty good.) But what the devil is that side salad thing. I get they wanted something that would work with both dishes, but it is... odd. I'd rather have had a garden salad with maybe a spicy ranch for the enchiladas and a oil and vinegar for the chicken.

Who else misses the mushroom soup that Continental had?
MatthewLAX, char777 and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by WIRunner
But what the devil is that side salad thing. I get they wanted something that would work with both dishes, but it is... odd. I'd rather have had a garden salad.
Haven't tried the salad yet, but it does look...interesting?

At the very least, it appears to be more flavorful than the salads that are still showing up on the premium transcons.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by econ
Haven't tried the salad yet, but it does look...interesting?

At the very least, it appears to be more flavorful than the salads that are still showing up on the premium transcons.
I got a new perspective on the meal a few days ago.... my sister was trying to go home DEN-BOS for a Red Sox game and a doctor appointment and trying to non-rev on Southwest. Didn't make several flights so I booked her a UA mileage ticket (and at 90 minutes to departure, redemption for First was actually cheaper than Economy..... and she ran and probably ruined some 1K's day getting standby on an earlier delayed flight and popped to the top of the standby and upgrade list and cleared).

Her first time in First on United... had the chicken. Maybe it was just the crew but she said it was cold in the middle and not cooked well. Side salad she said was weird - said without the beans it would have been much better but the beans gave it an odd texture. Cookie was good. Wine was not bad for what it is.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
The salad is very heavy. I don't mind it, but do prefer a green salad or fruit salad even in the PM.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Meeeeeee!!!
MatthewLAX, SFO777, st530 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-PVR 27 July 230 pm A320 seat 2E

Sandwiches or snack box. Wasn’t sure where United biz ex-hubs stood after June 15 but now I know.

Old Jul 27, 2021, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SFO777
DEN-PIT this morning
Mainline A320

Back to usual blue and green label "sandwich" garbage or tapas box. Apparently I need to connect in ORD for a real meal. Fortunately, I had breakfast in the CL.

Hilarious! You brought your own glassware. What did the crew say?
Old Jul 27, 2021, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
DEN-PIT this morning
Mainline A320

Do limes count as a liquid?
Old Jul 27, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by fly747first
Hilarious! You brought your own glassware. What did the crew say?
Not my post, but I bring my own glassware (it's a glass coffee mug) and it doesn't seem to get a crew reaction anymore... they bring me plastic cups of ice for 'refills' but as all the drinks are mix your own at the seat these days, it doesn't make a difference to their service. The advantage is it's a little bigger than the plastic cups which i find are slightly too small to fit ice, a 2oz bottle of gin, and then enough tonic to balance the gin. Call me a lightweight, but for my preference the proportions are just right
fly747first likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Listen, if they brought back the soups and garlic bread, we could just forget the rest of the domestic meals altogether. That'd be perfect with me! It's a cheap, easy meal for them to prepare, and tasty.

Soup, garlic bread and then bring me an ice cream for dessert and that's the trifecta as far as I'm concerned!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
PIT-DEN
July 27, 2021
Mainline A320
5:15pm-6:10pm

Older and wiser, I finally gave up on UA "food" and self catered tonight from a sushi place in the PIT terminal.

Dyce likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.