Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Scammed by a fake UA call center {Consoldiated}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scammed by a fake UA call center {Consoldiated}

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I almost fell for one of those. My wife called a LH service number she got off google and after some back and forth. handed it over to me to finalize the details. It was a mixed United/LH itinerary and something felt off. So I finally asked them point blank: Am I talking to United or Lufthansa here? The answer was "that makes no difference so it's not important" so I hung up. It took me a while to figure it out though, there weren't any obvious warning signs.
jsloan, SPN Lifer and Silver Fox like this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
I just found this thread because there is news today about Google getting hacked with regard to false Delta phone numbers.

The standard United number is 1-800-UNITED1, which is pretty easy to remember. I also have memorized very old United Premier and Premier Executive numbers which are not published and I wouldn't post them here anyway. My current status is "Premier Gold Million Miler" I called the old Premier Executive number and definitely got through to United.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.