Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

HKG-SIN to return! (cargo only initially)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2020, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Sorry I have not been tracking and may miss it, I see Singapore is on the list with mentioning of HK transit. Has UA started SFO-HKG-SIN?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Sorry I have not been tracking and may miss it, I see Singapore is on the list with mentioning of HK transit. Has UA started SFO-HKG-SIN?
Yes, but you cannot book HKG-SIN. You can book SFO-HKG or SFO-SIN.

Old Sep 15, 2020, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK
Yes, but you cannot book HKG-SIN. You can book SFO-HKG or SFO-SIN.

Thanks. that thread has not been updated since July when the flight was suspended.
I have not seen anything bookable on United.com
Old Aug 14, 2021, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure if this is the right thread to raise this, but want to see if anyone has any tidbits on when UA will restart flights to HKG and/or SIN.

I know CX and SQ are both doing US flights, but HKG and SIN quarantine requirements for flight crews and transit restrictions for passengers are still challenges for UA.
Whether the ICN option that UA is doing with SFO-PVG flights could be a possibility for HKG and SIN, but I guess it will be demand driven on the passenger side.

It would be nice to be able to get back to HKG and SIN on UA.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 9:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Not sure if this is the right thread to raise this, but want to see if anyone has any tidbits on when UA will restart flights to HKG and/or SIN......
UA recently updated the October schedule removing SIN and HKG. And both still require quarantine and access is problematic for USA nationals. So UA is in no hurry to restart.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Not sure if this is the right thread to raise this, but want to see if anyone has any tidbits on when UA will restart flights to HKG and/or SIN.

I know CX and SQ are both doing US flights, but HKG and SIN quarantine requirements for flight crews and transit restrictions for passengers are still challenges for UA.
Whether the ICN option that UA is doing with SFO-PVG flights could be a possibility for HKG and SIN, but I guess it will be demand driven on the passenger side.

It would be nice to be able to get back to HKG and SIN on UA.
Expect next year to be the earliest, even for HK residents, they are talking about to reverse the action back to 14 days mandatory and 7 days at home with 5 tests performed in that 7 days, or even go back to 21 days mandatory quarantine even if it is fully vaccinated, as they just found out someone arrived from US that is fully vaccinated, tested positive after 13 days, carry the delta variant, and have high virus numbers
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.