FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   COVID19: PL/UCs Suspended Ops; 40 UCs are now opened; All PLs open. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2013274-covid19-pl-ucs-suspended-ops-40-ucs-now-opened-all-pls-open.html)

bcm0830 Apr 8, 2020 5:46 am

Does anyone know if UC lounges that are currently open for "customer service assistance only" still allow you to come in and work/use WiFi?

SPN Lifer Apr 8, 2020 12:39 pm

The "only" in the quoted language suggests not.

I would construe this as help with flight changes, seat assignments, and maybe renewing annual United Club membership.

Soundman76 May 1, 2020 2:05 am

Polaris lounge during covid

anyone have any info how service has changed in the Polaris lounge during this pandemic?

Showers?
Buffet?
Restaurant?
Bar?
Admission?

nexusCFX May 1, 2020 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Soundman76 (Post 32339828)
anyone have any info how service has changed in the Polaris lounge during this pandemic?

Showers?
Buffet?
Restaurant?
Bar?
Admission?

They've all been closed for over a month now.

narvik May 1, 2020 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Soundman76 (Post 32339828)

Showers?
Buffet?
Restaurant?
Bar?
Admission?

All Polaris Lounges are closed as of March 18th, 2020 (IIRC).

Also, not many United Clubs are open either. This list from March 30th:

There are only nine club outposts open including:
  • Chicago O’Hare location near gate B6
  • Denver location near gate B44
  • Houston location near gate C1
  • Houston location near gate E11
  • Los Angeles location near gate 71A
  • Newark location near gate C74 (for customer service functions only)
  • San Francisco location near gate G6
  • San Francisco location near gate F11
  • Washington D.C. (IAD) location near gate C17

To check which United Clubs are currently open, you can go here: https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...locations.html

villox May 1, 2020 6:26 am

Do we think Polaris lounges will ever open again given the financial status of the airline?

narvik May 1, 2020 6:36 am

Originally Posted by villox (Post 32340203)
Do we think Polaris lounges will ever open again given the financial status of the airline?

Pretty sure they'll reopen, but with reduced service and some cost cutting: maybe no sit-down restaurant, cheaper buffet & bar offerings, and reduced staff.

seanp7 May 1, 2020 6:38 am

Originally Posted by villox (Post 32340203)

Yes, I do think they'll re-open.

united 1k flyer May 1, 2020 7:55 am

Originally Posted by seanp7 (Post 32340228)
Yes, I do think they'll re-open.

I agree. They have to reopen, imagine sending Polaris pax to the United club. Disaster waiting to happen.

eng3 May 1, 2020 8:52 am

Originally Posted by united 1k flyer (Post 32340429)
I agree. They have to reopen, imagine sending Polaris pax to the United club. Disaster waiting to happen.

That's what they did before. The PLs haven't been open that long if you don't count ORD. But I do hope they open up again. Prob won't bother with leisure J travel (at least till my PPs get close to expiring) until they come back and J service returns assuming there will be somewhere worth going

Artpen100 May 1, 2020 9:50 am

And before the Polaris lounges were announced, when I would go to the UC I did wonder what people who did not often fly UA but were paying high J prices must feel about the standing room only, worn interiors and cheese cubes and cheap wine, compared to the LH, TK, BA, AF and other nearby clubs. Cheated, I would think. Which is, I guess, why Polaris lounges came about. I do wonder when the IAD one will open. Fall maybe? Has anyone noticed if they've kept working on it? (I do seem to notice in NOVA that most construction that was started before COVID has continued.) I have a UA TATL flight scheduled in mid-June, but I doubt it will come about.

dilanesp May 1, 2020 10:01 am

One thing to remember is passenger traffic is going to be down a long while. UC's will not be full.

united 1k flyer May 1, 2020 11:03 am

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 32340760)
One thing to remember is passenger traffic is going to be down a long while. UC's will not be full.

free 1k memberships 😊... ok I’ll stop

goodeats21 May 1, 2020 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Artpen100 (Post 32340723)
And before the Polaris lounges were announced, when I would go to the UC I did wonder what people who did not often fly UA but were paying high J prices must feel about the standing room only, worn interiors and cheese cubes and cheap wine, compared to the LH, TK, BA, AF and other nearby clubs. Cheated, I would think. Which is, I guess, why Polaris lounges came about. I do wonder when the IAD one will open. Fall maybe? Has anyone noticed if they've kept working on it? (I do seem to notice in NOVA that most construction that was started before COVID has continued.) I have a UA TATL flight scheduled in mid-June, but I doubt it will come about.

A post in the Financial results thread indicated work on IAD Polaris Lounge has ceased. HT to EWR764

Originally Posted by EWR764 (Post 32340503)
Should come as no surprise, but most real estate projects have been suspended, including the United Club projects at ORD, EWR, IAD (assuming IAD is Polaris Lounge).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32340503-post22.html

united 1k flyer May 1, 2020 12:17 pm

I’m taking a trip to London in late July( I’m going regardless of how things are, only thing that would stop work from letting me go is a 14 day quarantine in london) do you think the Ord Polaris lounge will be open by then. My thought is 90% because it’s a major hub and they will for sure have international Polaris pax by then. However I’m inclined to believe that lax, Houston, definitely Dulles might now be open. With only ewr,sfo, and Ord open.