FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   COVID19: PL/UCs Suspended Ops; 40 UCs are now opened; All PLs open. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2013274-covid19-pl-ucs-suspended-ops-40-ucs-now-opened-all-pls-open.html)

TN07NC10 Jun 29, 2020 10:54 am

Originally Posted by narvik (Post 32493280)
Maybe I am misreading your question, but there aren't any international Polaris lounges (LHR, HKG, and NRT are planned): Polaris Tracker - Desktop

Polaris Lounges are ALL closed, currently, and for current UC closures, see: https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...locations.html

sorry I meant intl UCs or PLs (generally)

WineCountryUA Jun 29, 2020 11:37 am

Originally Posted by TN07NC10 (Post 32493972)
sorry I meant intl UCs or PLs (generally)

All intl UCs and PLs are presently closed, no hints yet from UA on when will open. The wiki or the link provided will be the best place to monitor for future information. A few partner lounges are open, check https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder

TGGDEL Jun 30, 2020 7:44 pm

Any news on whether this has opened back up yet?

seacarl Jun 30, 2020 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by TGGDEL (Post 32498003)
Any news on whether this has opened back up yet?

None of the Polaris lounges are open, nor are they expected to open any time soon. There aren't enough paid travel or flights to warrant it. And probably won't be any time soon.

TGGDEL Jun 30, 2020 8:00 pm

Thank you!

JerseyCityS Jun 30, 2020 10:11 pm

I just called Chase. I have the Chase Club Card. After a short run around, I was given a $100 statement credit tonight for lack of club availability. I travel on July 13. What is the service like at ORD? I will be flying there out of EWR.

onthesam Jul 1, 2020 7:31 am

Originally Posted by JerseyCityS (Post 32498239)
I just called Chase. I have the Chase Club Card. After a short run around, I was given a $100 statement credit tonight for lack of club availability. I travel on July 13. What is the service like at ORD? I will be flying there out of EWR.

​​​​​​Last I was at ORD (3 weeks ago), the UC was essentially a large seating area with minimal other amenities and services besides the reservations agents and personnel walking around handing out bottles of water.

I'm heading out to the airport now will report in if I have time to stop in at the UC.

=====

Happy to report UC at ORD is at about 60% capacity right now. Snacks are available (individually wrapped) on the buffet along with self serve coffee. The bar is open as well.

DELee Jul 1, 2020 7:36 am

Originally Posted by onthesam (Post 32499032)
Happy to report UC at ORD is at about 60% capacity right now. Snacks are available (individually wrapped) on the buffet along with self serve coffee. The bar is open as well.

What was available for "breakfast"?

David

onthesam Jul 1, 2020 8:54 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 32499042)
What was available for "breakfast"?

David

​​​​​​
individually wrapped blueberry muffins and these "breakfast squares" that lack any ingredients list or nutritional info.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1b23d5118b.jpg

There may have been yogurt as well.
​​​​

DELee Jul 1, 2020 9:27 am

Originally Posted by onthesam (Post 32499253)
​​​​​​
individually wrapped blueberry muffins and these "breakfast squares" that lack any ingredients list or nutritional info.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1b23d5118b.jpg

There may have been yogurt as well.
​​​​

ecch, looks like "broken extruded products". doesn't bode well for the future of UC services.

David

HeadInTheClouds Jul 1, 2020 11:13 am

Originally Posted by onthesam (Post 32499032)
​​​​​​Last I was at ORD (3 weeks ago), the UC was essentially a large seating area with minimal other amenities and services besides the reservations agents and personnel walking around handing out bottles of water.

I'm heading out to the airport now will report in if I have time to stop in at the UC.

=====

Must have been an anomaly on your prior visit. The bar has been open for normal offerings throughout every time I have been there, and muffins & those breakfast squares have been the a.m. snack offerings. Doritos and something else in the afternoon.

JerseyCityS Jul 1, 2020 8:06 pm

Glad to see the bar is available at ORD! I hope EWR is next.

Any info on IAD bar service? Also, anybody fly out of EWR very recently, and is there any uptick in bar/retail/restaurant services opening up?

1kBill Jul 1, 2020 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by JerseyCityS (Post 32500961)
Glad to see the bar is available at ORD! I hope EWR is next.

I was at EWR on Monday, 6/29 and the UC was open only for customer service. They had chairs and tape blocking the entrance into the club proper at the end of the service counter.

One wonders what the purpose of using the club for customer service. Why not just use a regular customer service counter? Oh, and the elevator wasn't working, so anyone going to club had to trudge up the steps.

The LAX club was open in the AM about a week and a half earlier, serving blueberry muffins, dishes of peaches (both in plastic), some granola-y bars and yogurt. No drinks machines were working (coffee, soda, juice, etc.) I saw some people with paper coffee cups but I have no idea where they got them.

At around 7 AM, there about 10 people in the club, a little busier an hour later.T7 was a ghost town. It was sad.

HeadInTheClouds Jul 2, 2020 5:00 am

Originally Posted by 1kBill (Post 32501215)
I saw some people with paper coffee cups but I have no idea where they got them.

Coffee is served at the bar.

AlanInDC Jul 2, 2020 6:53 am

Originally Posted by JerseyCityS (Post 32498239)

I just called and said I'm interested in a lower fee card since most of the lounges have been closed since March and many don't look to re-open very soon. Surprisingly, the agent answered the question directly and didn't attempt to keep me on the Chase United Club Card (Business) or even offer the $100 discount. I ended up with the Business Card for a $99 fee which of course does not provide lounge access. If I fly in the remainder of 2020, it may well not be on United, and I may well not fly at all. I can re-evaluate in 2021 whether to switch back to the Club Card. I have lifetime star gold so get lounge access internationally, so maybe it isn't worth it anyway.