Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Contents
GS Kits; GS MP card, Denver GS tags, blue handle wrap, GS branded wireless charger, 9 employee service recognition cards, and 5 drink vouchers

1K Kits: 1K MP card, 1K bag tags, blue handle wrap, 1k branded wireless charger, and 5 drink vouchers

Plat Kits: Plat MP card, Plat bag tags, 5 drink vouchers,....

Gold & Silver have not received a physical kit or physical card in a number of years

Wireless charger appears to be in place of the coasters of recent years

For MMers, no MM companion card / wrap / .... included == apparently companions are demoted to a digital card like Golds / Silvers
Some reports of agents saying a companion card can be requested after14 Feb 2020

Related threads
1K Wireless Charger Gift? (Confirmed)

Robin’s Egg Blue - No more yellow handle wraps?

prior years
2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it
Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Have you actually needed the physical card in the past year (instead of the digital card?). The physical card is becoming an anachronism.
Not needed yet. Though I have been looking forward to the new luggage handle, as my current one dates to the very first year.

AS and DL kits arrived right around New Years. Even Marriott managed to deliver a new card well before Jan. 31. For all UA knew, I could have needed the card at ZRH or FRA on Feb. 1.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
For all UA knew, I could have needed the card at ZRH or FRA on Feb. 1.
Or the luggage wrap to make a tight connection from a CR-2 in the F concourse at ORD, to a flight to SFO out of the C concourse.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:35 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SS255
Or the luggage wrap to make a tight connection from a CR-2 in the F concourse at ORD, to a flight to SFO out of the C concourse.
Reports are for 2020, existing Gold wraps will continue to be honored.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:33 am

Have you been denied access with a *G BP or digital card recently -- say last 18 months? You might find that things have changed,

However, it is been reported UA might provide cards on request after mid-Feb (and probably will take 4-6 weeks) but the need for the card may be less than most think (remember issues from years ago).
I have not. My fear was based on reports which were posted here.

Now as far as the Hong Kong e-channel program goes, I again base this on reports that HK Immigration will not accept digital cards or "home" print outs. Rather they insist on the physical card. I will find out in April.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Now as far as the Hong Kong e-channel program goes, I again base this on reports that HK Immigration will not accept digital cards or "home" print outs. Rather they insist on the physical card. I will find out in April.
That's a very good point. I need to reapply due to new passport.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC 25K
So, I got my 1K package in the mail today.

My name was on the box.

My name was on the personal note from Oscar.

But somebody else's name (and MP account number) was on the 1K membership card!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
I have not. My fear was based on reports which were posted here.

That's a very good point. I need to reapply due to new passport.
Off-topic, but I find that half of the e-channel lanes would not scan my passport and error out - had to see an officer in the e-channel area regardless.

Also, they were testing e-channel for outbound passengers with a US passport. Same issue with scanning, but a helpful officer asked me to do it again on two other lanes and it finally worked.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Also, they were testing e-channel for outbound passengers with a US passport. Same issue with scanning, but a helpful officer asked me to do it again on two other lanes and it finally worked.
I used echannel outbound last month based on US passport. It took four or five tries for the reader to take it. But it eventually did.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
1K box arrived in Germany today. I can post picture in case anyone is interested, but I think there already enough in this thread. Essentially a box about the size of an iPad case containing the phone charger (nice idea), two luggage tags and straps, card, short note from Oscar, baby blue luggage wrap, drinks chits, and a pamphlet explains what I already knew about 1K. Nice all around. I do wonder why they didn't go for true metal cards/tags if they want to make them look like that. Wait, I think I know the answer...
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
No kit and the website doesn't mention a kit being shipped...added insult got a survey email asking how I liked my kit. Responded with raving reviews . Gladly haven't needed my card yet. Really just want my drink chits, wrap and card but with this rollout an empty mailbox is more likely.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA GS/1Mil Flyer, Pond scum on everything else.
Originally Posted by Halo117
No kit and the website doesn't mention a kit being shipped...added insult got a survey email asking how I liked my kit. Responded with raving reviews . Gladly haven't needed my card yet. Really just want my drink chits, wrap and card but with this rollout an empty mailbox is more likely.
I got the same survey. E-mailed GS CS to get the tracking number. Package never made it out of the shipper.... it only had to go maybe 20 miles in 30 days. You can reorder with CS starting on 2/14.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Finally received my 1K kit today, a mere 5 months after requalifying (Sept. 4, 2019).

Surprised to discover the "Premier 1K" logo on the charger is just a white cardboard paste-on. Looks kind of low-budget.
The buy at any gift store ,cheap , non personalized GS bag tags irk me a little
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:45 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
i recvd my card but my partner (i gave her my status as a 1mm miler)didnt get hers-how do i get it and is it needed?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 12, 2020 at 8:10 pm Reason: moved to appropriate thread
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
i recvd my card but my partner (i gave her my status as a 1mm miler)didnt get hers-how do i get it and is it needed?
MM companions are not receiving a card this year. While they probably are not needed for lounge access (*A BP and/or digital card seems to be working well), phone agents apparently are saying that after 15? Feb 2020, you can call and request a companion card -- probably will take 4-6 weeks.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
MM companions are not receiving a card this year. While they probably are not needed for lounge access (*A BP and/or digital card seems to be working well), phone agents apparently are saying that after 15? Feb 2020, you can call and request a companion card -- probably will take 4-6 weeks.
My MM companion received a card, but she is als a MM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.