Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Contents
GS Kits; GS MP card, Denver GS tags, blue handle wrap, GS branded wireless charger, 9 employee service recognition cards, and 5 drink vouchers

1K Kits: 1K MP card, 1K bag tags, blue handle wrap, 1k branded wireless charger, and 5 drink vouchers

Plat Kits: Plat MP card, Plat bag tags, 5 drink vouchers,....

Gold & Silver have not received a physical kit or physical card in a number of years

Wireless charger appears to be in place of the coasters of recent years

For MMers, no MM companion card / wrap / .... included == apparently companions are demoted to a digital card like Golds / Silvers
Some reports of agents saying a companion card can be requested after14 Feb 2020

Related threads
1K Wireless Charger Gift? (Confirmed)

Robin’s Egg Blue - No more yellow handle wraps?

prior years
2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it
Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:33 am

No more physical membership cards for MM companions?

OK, so this is mostly a first world problem, with one exception. Got my 2020 2MM credentials, with a membership card for me, but not my MM designated-companion, as was always true in the past. The fine print in the booklet says that the companion can see their membership card online. Fine, except multiple threads have pointed out that some LH lounges absolutely require the physical card for admission, even when the boarding pass shows Star Gold. Is this something new? Save 50 cents by suppressing the companion's card?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 19, 2020 at 11:15 am Reason: moved to exisiting discussion of the issue
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:22 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Starman
... Got my 2020 2MM credentials, with a membership card for me, but not my MM designated-companion, as was always true in the past. The fine print in the booklet says that the companion can see their membership card online. Fine, except multiple threads have pointed out that some LH lounges absolutely require the physical card for admission, even when the boarding pass shows Star Gold. ....
While a problem in the past, that is not the recent experiences for the past year or more. Either *G BP or digital card is now sufficient (or an UC member card -- which does need to be the physical card)
Recent Denials of admission to *A Lounges due to lack of UA *G card [2019-2020]
It is those without either that may be at risk, but that should be a very small subset.

Originally Posted by Starman
Is this something new? ...
New for companions for 2020, has been true for Golds since 2018 and Silvers even longer.
Starman likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:13 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Was told by 1K voice that you could request a card for your companion after 14 Feb. How true??
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:20 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Was told by 1K voice that you could request a card for your companion after 14 Feb. How true??
Hard to foretell the future, but others have heard the same -- see one post a few posts back.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
This 1K got the 2020 kit today. Website status was accurate throughout. Glad I got a new luggage wrap, as my one from 4 years ago was on it's last legs...
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:55 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Going to do just that, and request a luggage handle wrap for her, too. Will report back on success in the 15th...
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:13 pm

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
Gift in 1k renewal package

It is was a wireless phone charger. Definitive improvement over the coasters last year. Unexpected pleasant surprise
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Platinum package arrived last Friday. As per above, no companion card. Two shiny luggage tags and 5 drink chits.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Received my GS kit today (Houston business address).
It is ok. My wife already stole the charger but it does not work on my BlackBerry anyway LOL

The GS card is...understated...as it does not say global services on the front, just a small spot on the back with the goofy GS logo on the front and star gold. The cornflower-ish blue luggage tag is eye-catching...
Blackberry? Haven't seen one in use for the last 5 years or so! Wow! They were (are?) amazing devices!!
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: United 1K; 1.66MM
Originally Posted by arisaa
It is was a wireless phone charger. Definitive improvement over the coasters last year. Unexpected pleasant surprise
don't think the phone charge works. plug everything as said, but nothing happened to the phone. any idea?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
My 1K kit finally arrived today in San Francisco, was wondering if it maybe got lost. I think I requalified in August. Glad to have the physical card for some intra Europe flights next week
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:48 pm

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
I just received mine, not sure when as I’d been holding my mail at the Post Office since the day after Christmas due to my travel schedule. My gift was the phone charger, seems to work with my iPhone. I also received the blue handle wrap and the GS luggage tags.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Got an email in regards to requesting a hard card. They said no more gold cards no matter what. They wont make them or ship them, so at some lounges we are screwed.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Row3Acer
don't think the phone charge works. plug everything as said, but nothing happened to the phone. any idea?
Is your phone designed for wireless charging?
Some thick cases can make getting a "connection" challenging, might need to play a little with placement.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:32 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Is your phone designed for wireless charging?
Some thick cases can make getting a "connection" challenging, might need to play a little with placement.
also if you have a magnet in the case -- won't work

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.