Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Contents
GS Kits; GS MP card, Denver GS tags, blue handle wrap, GS branded wireless charger, 9 employee service recognition cards, and 5 drink vouchers

1K Kits: 1K MP card, 1K bag tags, blue handle wrap, 1k branded wireless charger, and 5 drink vouchers

Plat Kits: Plat MP card, Plat bag tags, 5 drink vouchers,....

Gold & Silver have not received a physical kit or physical card in a number of years

Wireless charger appears to be in place of the coasters of recent years

For MMers, no MM companion card / wrap / .... included == apparently companions are demoted to a digital card like Golds / Silvers
Some reports of agents saying a companion card can be requested after14 Feb 2020

Related threads
1K Wireless Charger Gift? (Confirmed)

Robin’s Egg Blue - No more yellow handle wraps?

prior years
2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it
Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

I received my 2020 GS packet today. It includes the standard welcome literature and benefits summary; large and small luggage tags (Denver 2020), robin's egg blue United baggage handle, GS branded wireless charger, 9 employee service recognition cards, and 5 (only) drink vouchers. Didn't see a thread for this, but feel free to merge if appropriate.

Pleasantly surprised to see the return of the employee recognition cards, hopefully employees will get some kind of value from them upon receipt. Disappointed that they cut the number of drink chits in half. Enjoyed giving mine out as gifts to friends as well as fellow travelers.

EWR764, narvik, MTan and 1 others like this.

Last edited by jnb_tx; Dec 21, 2019 at 12:36 pm
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Here is a photo of the GS branded charger that is coming with the 2020 kits for anyone who is curious. 1K may have a different logo or same.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jnb_tx
Here is a photo of the GS branded charger that is coming with the 2020 kits for anyone who is curious. 1K may have a different logo or same.
Doesn’t look bad at all.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA GS
As disappointing as a cut to the drink chits is, I must admit FAs rarely accept them even if I order a double and even with a companion.
EWR764 and Kannai like this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by villox
As disappointing as a cut to the drink chits is, I must admit FAs rarely accept them even if I order a double and even with a companion.
With the first drink now being free I'm surprised they are still giving them out at all!

My experience is the same as yours. I think I'm still working my way through my 2016 ones...
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Wait, why would I want a Denver 2020 tag? Thats random. What if I want Newark (ok noone wants that.. but still)

#bringbackthecoasters
JAaronT and Kannai like this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Gold
As a Denver-ite, I'm looking forward to the Denver tags. I constantly get them ripped off (literally), stolen or otherwise disappear. The wireless charger is a nice touch and an interesting use of the GS marketing.

I might be actually looking forward to this recognition kit for once !
Old Dec 21, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Are the tags specific to your "home" airport? Or just random?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 8:22 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Wait, why would I want a Denver 2020 tag? Thats random. What if I want Newark (ok noone wants that.. but still)
Reqaulify next year.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 1kBill
it’s one city every year
Old Dec 22, 2019, 5:34 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by docbert
My experience is the same as yours. I think I'm still working my way through my 2016 ones...
I thought they expired?! I've been throwing them out in Jan the following year!
Old Dec 22, 2019, 6:30 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by 1kBill
New city each year.

Last year was Houston.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by TBD
I thought they expired?! I've been throwing them out in Jan the following year!
Some people still use Continental Currency. I ran out 2 years ago....
Old Dec 22, 2019, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by jnb_tx
I received my 2020 GS packet today. It includes the standard welcome literature and benefits summary; large and small luggage tags (Denver 2020), robin's egg blue United baggage handle, GS branded wireless charger, 9 employee service recognition cards, and 5 (only) drink vouchers. Didn't see a thread for this, but feel free to merge if appropriate.

Pleasantly surprised to see the return of the employee recognition cards, hopefully employees will get some kind of value from them upon receipt. Disappointed that they cut the number of drink chits in half. Enjoyed giving mine out as gifts to friends as well as fellow travelers.

Not that I’d expect you to photograph it with your personal info, but is there no more physical membership card for any tier?

Might as as well just cut it across the board, now.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
"Employee recognition cards": a shame they don't/didn't provide them to 1Ks; those look pretty cool! ^

I would have used them, although maybe only one-out-of-ten flights!
Kannai likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.